• Moose

4 Screenshots

About This File

Your city has been filling out from border to border and it has done so quite nicely! Since there is only so much room to keep spreading out, there's really nowhere else to go but up. Now wait a minute! With all these sims and their cars clogging up your already-narrow streets, how is anyone supposed to make it to work on time? The best solution- build a bus network. And now here's a real concept- make the buses.. Double Decker! More people sharing a ride, with decent views to boot! Now, if only we can take care of those cyclists.. 

About the Upload-
This file is a replacement of the Maxis City Bus. It will appear on your road networks whenever a bus station has been placed. For aesthetics sake, this file would best be implemented in a London, UK themed city or otherwise utilizing traffic driving on the left.

Dependencies?
None required.

This file was requested by Cmdp123789 and has been made available to download!

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      Kensington Apartments, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      A fictional development, based on a new build in London's West End, Kensington apartments was created to compete with some of the mid-rise R§§§ aprtment complexes which can become quite repetitive in game. The single versions have stats similar to the in-game 'Packard Apartments' and should compete fairly well with this, and similarly-sized Maxis buildings.
      Like many of the newer London developments, this design is fairly straightforward: double storey entrance lobby (and ground floor flats each with a fenced off outdoor area) and then double storey sub-penthouse and penthouse levels. 
      The building is twelve stories tall. 
      As is often typical in inner-city developments, none of the apartments has particularly large balconies: traffic noise usually makes these less than inviting spaces. Floor to ceiling triple-glazed windows on all sides of the building more than adequately make up for this lack of terrace space.
      The communal planting includes a mix of deciduous trees and conifers; the larger lots have both a heated indoor pool and tennis court for the exclusive use of the residents. 
      These apartments are presented in 6 lot options: a 2x1, a 2x2, a 2x3, a 4x4, a 5x5 and a 6x6 lot. They grow on all tilesets and all have varying stats depending on the lot size.
      These are a good mid-rise, high wealth, medium density filler lots for your cities.
      STATS R§§§:
      Lot size :                   2x1, 2x2, 2x3
      Growth Stage:         5, 6 & 7 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 635
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 716, R§§ 396, R§§§ 175
      Pollution:                  2 (Air)/ 1 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  22 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   32 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Houston/Euro/NY/Chicago
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Residential Building

STATS R§§§ (x2):
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         5 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,241
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 1,428, R§§ 790, R§§§ 347
      Pollution:                  5 (Air)/ 1 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   44 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    61 Gal/Month
      Building Style:           Houston/Euro/NY/Chicago
      Occupant Group:      High Wealth Residential Building

STATS R§§§ (x3):
      Lot size :                  5x5 & 6x6
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium & High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 1,847
      Capacity Satisfied:  R§ 2,141, R§§ 1,183, R§§§ 519
      Pollution:                  7 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:    6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  66 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   89 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Houston/Euro/NY/Chicago
      Occupant Group:     High Wealth Residential Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. 
      (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      As these models contain garaged underground parking, the lots do not come with parking textures. Any parking textures that may appear in the in-game screen shots belong to adjacent lots and are not part of this download. If you wish to add acres of parking or change the type of concrete textures, please use the lot editor to do so.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC Texture Pack - CPVol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *BSC Mega Props - Mattb325Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
    • By mattb325
      Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge, by Mattb325.
      If you've recently downloaded Harrods http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31736-harrods/ you may be wanting some additional UK themed Bats to fill the surrounding area.
      Fear not; over on nearby Sloane Street, a brutalist monstrosity caught my eye, and so I have brought this into game.
      When I look at a building from Google Street View, if at a street level it piques my interest, then I'll usually look at it from either Google Earth or Bing to get a better feel for the model.
      It is at this point that I will determine whether I will do a recreation, or adopt a looser approach. Either way, there will always be elements of each building I look at that in my opinion will stay or go when I recreate the building for SC4.
      Normally not too many elements of a building get turfed out: those that do are either aligned at an odd angle (rather than the SC4 grid), or are too awkward to be worth my effort. It is rare, however, that a building catches my eye on street level, for me to look at it from above and shake my head with a 'what were they thinking' moment.
      Millennium Hotel in Knightsbridge is one such building.
      It caught my eye because there are so few of these sorts of buildings in SC4; now I'll admit I am not a huge fan of brutalist early 1970's architecture: add the inclement British weather & city smog and you have hulking concrete structures that have gone from a light green-grey to the most dreary shade of dirty grey imaginable. But regardless of your opinion on Brutalism, you have to admit that it at least exudes authority and gravitas.
      So it came as some surprise when I saw all of the truly, truly "twee" additions visible from the air....now, with apologies to Mcmansionhell.com and other spoof websites, please see my take on what got the 'cut' from this Bat and why...
      **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hopefully my UK friends can get a bit of a laugh out of this: you have been through a fair bit in recent months. 
      Now that that's out of the way, the Millenium Hotel is offered as a growable CS§§ building on a 4x4 lot. It is a larger 14 story mid-rise building, which I have made my own adjustments to. It grows on all tilesets and provides 960 CS§§ jobs.
      STATS CS§§:
      Lot size :                  4 x 4
      Growth Stage:         7 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         § 780
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 3,831, CS§§ 960
      Pollution:                  35 (Air)/ 23 (Water)/ 47 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   77 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   923 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro (N/A for Ploppable)
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      DEPENDENCIES:
      This lot does not require external dependencies.

• By mattb325
      Harrods, by Mattb325.
      Inspired by the iconic department store on Brompton Rd, Knightsbridge, Harrods is presented as a CS§§§ growable and ploppable lot for your cities.
      Please be aware that the present day Harrods has been extended and remodelled a number of times since the main building on Brompton Rd was completed in 1905, so this is NOT a strict recreation, but what I present is faithful to the original façade as designed by Charles Stephens, albeit with modifications to make it more game-ready.
      I have only modelled the front portion of the building.
      It must be noted that the present building has completely over-run the old streets of 'Queens Gardens' and 'New Place' and wrapped its way around what used to be known as Queen Street and Lower North St (since renamed Hans Rd and Basil St respectively), consuming the old Hans Mansion block and other buildings in the process.
      Because these streets run at odd angles and curves, even with the FAR roads and other NAM advances, I felt that modelling all of this would make the building almost completely unusable for the average player.
      Additionally the original building, aligned to Brompton Rd, was slightly wedged shaped - the old line is still somewhat visible under all of the present day roof additions from Google earth along the Hans Rd façade. Naturally I have squared this off to get this into game, which means that the rear of the building is completely fictitious.
      The present roof junk and extension of the Mansard roof along all facades is modelled - with slight variations by me - on the most up-to-date renovations: you can compare the differences by using the Google earth program (up-to-date) vs. Bing ?birds-eye/Google maps (out-of-date) to see the remarkable difference to the roof-top in recent years.
      Lastly, in order to fit the building on a maximum of 8 tiles (which will give it at least some chance of growing), I have removed one set of windows near the turret. Given the lag on my computer, I have also avoided modelling the hundreds of bulbs on the Hans Cres and Hans Roads sides.
      With all of that said, if you are strictly puritanical about recreations being 100% accurate, then please do not download this.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services and a ploppable, functional C§§§ lot, which is found in the Landmarks Menu. Both have the same stats.
      STATS CS§§§ & Ploppable CS§§§:
      Lot size :                    8 x 4
      Growth Stage:          8 (Medium and High Density Zoning)/Ploppable
      Bulldoze Cost:          §631
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 11,140, CS§§ 2,787, CS§§§ 1,117
      Pollution:                   50 (Air)/ 33 (Water)/ 67 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:      6/7/0
      Power Consumed:    209 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    1,871 Gal/Month
      Building Style:           Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro (N/A for Ploppable)
      Occupant Group:      Commercial Services Building

DEPENDENCIES:
      This lot does not require external dependencies.

• By pclark06
      11 new branded truck trailers for your cities.
      Barr-Nunn
      Big G Express
      Culligan Water
      Dart Advantage
      DOT Foods
      Halvor
      PAM
      Pegasus
      PPG Paints
      Transport America
      Voortman Cookies
      This is an expansion to my trucking set released in November 2016, which you can download below. This brings a total of 90 total trailers from myself to your games. They will spawn randomly near Industrial areas.

For these to work you need @Simfanatik's trucking automata.
      To install: simply extract to your Plugins folder.
    • By airman15
      Carefully crafting a masterpiece requires a sense of passion to set it apart from all other interpretations of your art. Automotive manufacturing is no exception. There is no such phrase as "good enough"; it all has to be "just right". Whether it's your V12 sports coupe, the Vesper Martini waiting at home or last night's explosive date- show some emotion!
      About the Upload-
      There are seven vehicles contained in this zip folder. Each one is a 2002 Aston Martin Vanquish. These are High-Wealth vehicles, given their approximate value. They will appear on your road networks.
      Dependencies?
      None required
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.
    • @RandyE Thanks! I grabbed that one too. I'm not ready yet to kill them all, but I do want other stage 3 farm buildings to compete with Pedriana. Ideally I'd like to find a few more. In the meantime I'm now on a downloading frenzy getting all of @dk1's stuff. Their simple elegance (and the convenience of no dependencies) makes them ideal for mixing in with my otherwise nearly plain vanilla Maxis content.
    • @CorinaMarie It works for me !!  
    • @Bipin Hi! Could you update the dependency links on this upload (and any other uploads of yours, which had dependencies on the sadly-no-existing-anymore SIMPEG page)? Thanks in advance! - Tyberius