Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• Announcements

• Dirktator

06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/21/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      Harrods, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the iconic department store on Brompton Rd, Knightsbridge, Harrods is presented as a CS§§§ growable and ploppable lot for your cities.
      Please be aware that the present day Harrods has been extended and remodelled a number of times since the main building on Brompton Rd was completed in 1905, so this is NOT a strict recreation, but what I present is faithful to the original façade as designed by Charles Stephens, albeit with modifications to make it more game-ready.
      I have only modelled the front portion of the building.
      It must be noted that the present building has completely over-run the old streets of 'Queens Gardens' and 'New Place' and wrapped its way around what used to be known as Queen Street and Lower North St (since renamed Hans Rd and Basil St respectively), consuming the old Hans Mansion block and other buildings in the process.
      Because these streets run at odd angles and curves, even with the FAR roads and other NAM advances, I felt that modelling all of this would make the building almost completely unusable for the average player.
      Additionally the original building, aligned to Brompton Rd, was slightly wedged shaped - the old line is still somewhat visible under all of the present day roof additions from Google earth along the Hans Rd façade. Naturally I have squared this off to get this into game, which means that the rear of the building is completely fictitious.
      The present roof junk and extension of the Mansard roof along all facades is modelled - with slight variations by me - on the most up-to-date renovations: you can compare the differences by using the Google earth program (up-to-date) vs. Bing ?birds-eye/Google maps (out-of-date) to see the remarkable difference to the roof-top in recent years.
      Lastly, in order to fit the building on a maximum of 8 tiles (which will give it at least some chance of growing), I have removed one set of windows near the turret. Given the lag on my computer, I have also avoided modelling the hundreds of bulbs on the Hans Cres and Hans Roads sides.
      With all of that said, if you are strictly puritanical about recreations being 100% accurate, then please do not download this.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services and a ploppable, functional C§§§ lot, which is found in the Landmarks Menu. Both have the same stats.
      STATS CS§§§ & Ploppable CS§§§:
      Lot size :                    8 x 4
      Growth Stage:          8 (Medium and High Density Zoning)/Ploppable
      Bulldoze Cost:          §631
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 11,140, CS§§ 2,787, CS§§§ 1,117
      Pollution:                   50 (Air)/ 33 (Water)/ 67 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:      6/7/0
      Power Consumed:    209 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    1,871 Gal/Month
      Building Style:           Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro (N/A for Ploppable)
      Occupant Group:      Commercial Services Building

NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.

DEPENDENCIES:
      This lot does not require external dependencies.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.

• By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s): Cities XXL Community Patch Mod Tag.cfg Game Requirement(s): Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Cities XXL Must Install Cities XXL Community Patch Mod

Info:
      Building Size: 50, 65
      Base Size: 50, 65
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: RetailMania - Simgoober's Super Shopping Center #1
      Introduction
      Super Shopping Center #1 is the 2nd release from my RetailMania series and the first in a long line of classic Simgoober re-lots. This set of lots is based on Simgoober's original Super Center 2 strip mall complex and enhances the original through two principles: breaking up the original buildings into individual lots for growing as well as offering several gigantic new ploppable complexes in varying configurations. 
      Package Overview
      The original strip mall complex has been made bigger, badder and massively more detailed than before. While the original came in two versions (18x6, 18x7), the lot layout was pretty straightforward and only differed in an additional row of parking space. This set kicks this up a notch and comes in three very distinct (and large) ploppable versions. Furthermore, each individual building also has a small footprint growable that is more suited for urban use.

Included in the following package are a total of 6 lots: 3 CS$$ growables and ploppables. Two of the ploppables use all three buildings while the last complex is a smaller one that only utilizes two. All ploppables are transit enabled.
      If you desire to plop the growables, use the buildingPlop cheat and look for exemplars starting at KOSC_SG_Super (requires ExtraCheats.dll)
      General Stats
      The included growable lots will provide between 261-342 CS$$ jobs. They are available in the following configurations:
      1 5x5 front, stage 2 2 7x3 front, stage 2 Ploppable lots are located in the landmarks menu and provide between 622-932 CS$$ jobs in the following flavors:
      20x11, $111,000 plop cost 15x11, $100,000 plop cost 12x10, $80,000 plop cost Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Main Building(s)
      You only need the model file, which can be found in the following 2 locations (you will only need ONE):
      Super Center 2 OR SG Commercials Models Malls Props
      SHK Parking Pack BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 Textures
      BSC Textures Vol. 2 BSC Textures Vol. 3 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures Credit goes to Simgoober for the amazing BATs!
      Enjoy!
    • By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s): Cities XXL Community Patch Mod Tag.cfg Game Requirement(s): Cities XXL Tag: <Tag>CivicService;Education;T4;UnqualifiedWorker;Executive;QualifiedWorker;MS18;GemCity;FilterTag;Original</Tag>
    • By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s): Cities XXL Community Patch Mod Tag.cfg XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack Game Requirement(s): Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Cities XXL  
      Tag: <Tag>Commerce;RetailGoods;T4;Executive;MS18;GemCity;PRIVATE;Executive</Tag>

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Wow! All these 'new' lots are fantastic! Thanks for your hard work for pumping these out. Now I have to decide if I'n going to have to use this building now for my one plaza. Thanks for the predicament!
    • @T Wrecks ... Well, my lengthy tenure as a truck driver in ETS2 tells me that such corners sure are difficult, but they're possible. And you may be right about the sign - it came from the 70s Style Safeway but I included it again here as it still fits the theme.  @Jack_wilds ... Were looking at about 9m, or a half tile in SC4 - that looks like just enough room to me. 
    • Great work! Thank youuuu!
    • While a lot of areas where I see wind turbines (and there are getting to be more all the time!) don't have much in the way of slopes, there are indeed some hilly regions and canyons around here.  In any case, wind turbines do get built in hilly regions elsewhere.  Anything slope friendly gets my vote, and the removal of the grass is brilliant!  Nice job, Leshan!
    • Wow, thank you for updating what I consider to be one of bobbo62's finest BATs! This is one that has been in my plugins for a long time, and needless to say, your new lot really rocks! (props to the truck drivers for getting around that corner to the back, btw! ) Strangely enough, I don't even remember if the old lot that I'm using comes with the signpost, but it's a very nice detail as well. Time for an upgrade!