About This File
Short version: Yep, did it again.
This time you can choose between 71 DATs which are different monorail train styles for the same 15 colors as in the Color Pack #1.
However, the "A" in "Pack 2A" stands for the fact that it has only (!) my NewWindows version which I find visually more pleasing than the different window concepts of the default monotrain.
For full enjoyment, I recommend the UV map fix for the default monorail. It fixes some graphical issues you might notice when zooming in closer on the monorail trains.
Long version: In case you want more information.
SimScientists still haven't exhausted all possible options in this new academic field - color packs - so the monorails they love to ride so much are getting another choice of colored liveries!
The main surprise of the public were two things:
- the exclusion of the old blue-ish roofs/tops of the monorails which are now either colored or in a nice clean white
- the exclusion of the default small passenger windows in favor of the new bigger windows ... Sims like the view!
71 possible choices for the default Maxis monorail train model:
- 14 colors with CS (Colored Stripe), WB (White Bottom) and CT (Colored Top)
- 14 colors with InvertedOWS (OWS = Original White Stripe) ... it's not inverted like color inverted, it's inverted in that the stripe is now colored and the rest is white-ish
- 14 colors with OWS and CT
- 14 colors with OWS and WT (White Top)
- 15 colors with a single color (= single) and CT ... yeah, this naming here is really messy.
The 15 colors are (not following any official naming convention here):
- Banana Day
- Blue Ocean
- Flashy Green
- Fresh Green
- Grass Green
- Hot Pink
- Intense Orange
- Lazy Orange
- Original Red (the default red)
- Spring Green (yeah, another one!)
- Turquoise (tortoise is the animal, this is the tricky color mix of green and blue)
- Tropic Blue
- Violet Blue
- Warm Yellow (it's more like standard yellow in comparison to Banana Day)
- White Grey (which only occurs in single color variations)
What's in the box?
Aside from the 71 DAT files there are 3 preview pics to help you choose the right livery and the readme. I hope to encourage others to include similar information in their projects to give the user the chance to remember what the file includes even when you open it after several months or so.
Nope, this is still a texture replacement for the default Maxis monorail train model. The DAT files only include the two FSH items for the engine and passenger part.
You should know what that means - if you don't see the color, check that you have installed it in one of the Plugins folders (choose one!) and you are starting with the default Maxis monorail (or only slight modifications of it).