• Moose

8 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC presents: SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures

Introduction

Take parking lots to the next level! SuperSHK MEGA Textures is the backbone of my Superparking Project, and combines the original Volume 1 alongside the newly complete Volume 2 set. This MEGA set combines both for the ultimate parking lot texture resource for SC4.

Overview

This combined set contains at total of 1281 overlay textures (352 from Vol 1).

Volume 2 contains a mind-boggling 929 new overlay textures. This set focus on expanding the core aspects of Volume 1 while adding some rather ridiculous new options. As with before, many of the new textures influences were found primarily from around North America's tech centers including Overland Park, Denver Tech Corridor, Silicon Valley, and Irvine. Additionally, some other inspiration came from various locations around the UK, including Portsmouth - these were largely responsible for my designing of a bunch of UK-style road markings.

As it is now officially part of this combined set, SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1 is now obsolete! This set retains every single texture from volume 1 and provides some overall enhancements to a large amount of them, including the following:

• Smoother curves
  • Alignment fixes
  • Smoothing and resizing of existing road markings to maintain consistency

Furthermore, the "Extra" textures included with both modular sets are also no longer necessary. To aid you in cleaning any leftover old stuff, there is a Cleanitol file included. You may also refer to it for manual deletion as well.

Details

These textures are broken into 8 DATs. The included resource guide offers more detailed explanations.

DAT 1 - Ortho: Combines a ton of new pieces with the original Ortho set. Deals mostly with orthogonal parking and associated transitions.

DAT 2 - Islands, Paths & Curbs: Combines the original set of Islands & Curbs with Paths (excluding markings). Adds many brand new curb pieces and transitions from various different parking types.

DAT 3 - Diagonals: Combines the original set of Diagonal with new ones. Adds islands, offset diagonals and more orthogonal transitions.

DAT 4 - Markings: Contains road marking goodness! Highlights include more block-end stop markings, pathing, and an entire section of UK-specific ones. Also comes with a way to transform standard parking spaces into "boxed" ones.

DAT 5  - D-Types: Contains significant support of the original SHK diagonal-oriented spaces. Includes a full complement of transitions, curbs and some bonus special pieces including handicapped spots and an alternate style.

DAT 6 - Combo Pieces: Adds an enhanced set of standard parking and curb textures with sidewalks and grass.

DAT 7 - Miscellaneous: Includes some additional pieces that didn't quite belong elsewhere like parking-to-path transitions and S-curves.

DAT 8 - Alternate Style: Adds an alternate orthogonal parking style in two colors.

For Lotters

Included is a resource guide containing a general breakdown of the set as well as a sample lot (found in the parks menu) and layout examples. There are also PIM-X groups included, for better organization and some time saving while digging through this massive set!

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 

Lotters, copy the contents of PIMXGroups.txt into your groups.ini file located in the PIM-X install directory.

Dependencies

None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is very, very highly recommended to take full advantage.

Credit to shokthrpy for the original set, which served as the template for me. It wouldn’t have been possible to create this without it! Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for granting me tools to refine this development process, nos.17, Belfastsocrates, MushyMushy, T Wrecks for various texture tweaks and suggestions, and everyone that left a like/commented on any of my parking posts! :D

Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0.1

Released

One very minor alignment fix with 1 texture :angry:

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

nos.17

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

GIF-amazed-jaw-drop-OMG-shock-shocked-St

...and I thought it was not possible to one-up your previous uploads...well done!

AsimPika3172 and toddtodd like this

Share this review

Link to review
raynev1

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Good stuff here and thanks for the sample lot . That will help with figuring the placement of the pieces .

5/5 :thumb:

toddtodd likes this

Share this review

Link to review
UrbanFoxx

This is a notorious dependency for just about every retail zone I download, and it's nice to see them compiled into one giant pack. The SHK parking textures are some of my favorite to use in BATs and i'd love to see more updates.

Share this review

Link to review
Simmer2

The sheer choices available in this pack makes it a must have for any serious  lotter.!!

toddtodd likes this

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

Thanks so much for the update. Great to see the PDF guide, that's really cleared up a lot of the misunderstandings I had when using them :).

Share this review

Link to review
sejr99999

thank you for this great set of car parks and for the additional British textures   looks beautiful

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: IndustryMania: Simgoober's Costco Distribution Center
      Introduction
      Costco Distribution Center is the 2nd release of my IndustryMania series. This is a set of re-lots and expansions for Simgoober's Costco Distribution Center.
      Package Overview
      These lots were designed for accommodating logistics and freight in which the original could not. The lot sizes have been expanded overall so there's more rooms for worker parking as well as freight to move around. Additionally, there is a new super distribution center that essentially doubles the available warehouse space in an attempt to emulate the massive, massive distribution centers in real life. These gigantic lots boasts expansive spaces for trucks to move about, as well as a plethora of stalls for trucks and cargo alike. 
      Included in the following package is a set of custom base textures and 5 growable I-M lots: 3 for the super variant and 2 for the regular. There are IRM friendly versions for each of the centers.
      If you desire to plop the lots, use the buildingPlop cheat and look for the exemplar "KOSC_SG_CostcoDist_Super" for the super version, and  "SG_CostcoDistribution_Grow"  for the regular. (requires ExtraCheats.dll)
      General Stats
      The brand new Super Distribution Center lots will provide 750 I-M jobs. They are available in the following configuration:
      15x12, 16x9, stage 1 7x10, stage 2 Additionally, there are two re-lots of the original (which are also based off the original descriptor).
      7x6, stage 2 8x9, stage 1 Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      This one is a bit of a doozy when it comes to dependencies! The good news is that if you have the IRM, most of the prop packs should be accounted for.
      Main Building(s)
      You will only need one of the following versions for the lot to work.
      STEX Version
      Costco Distribution Center SC4D Version
      The PIM-X version has the models and building descriptors separated.
      SG Industrial Models I-M1 SG Industrial Lots IM1 Props
      SHK Parking Pack BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 2 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 3 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 5 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 8 BSC MEGA Props Gascooker Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props Misc Vol. 2 HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 IdM - Trucking Essentials Textures
      BSC Textures Vol. 1 BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V01 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures Credit to Simgoober for the original BAT!
      Enjoy!
    • By megacitycreator
      Hello, Simtropolis Team. I have a question. Will SimCity 4 work with Sierra and will the Patch 1.1.638 work on Sierra with the Apple Version of SimCity 4 Deluxe?
    • By Mary Maurine Mayo
      under construction.. not ready yet. ETA June 3rd

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotDOWNLOAD=90
      BSC Textures Vol 1

• By Chief ZDN
      Hello everyone,
      I'm want to install Fedora 25 because my elementary OS has inconvenient problems, like can't execute shell script with launcher and more. But, I worry about my Intel HD Graphics 3000 that's embedded on my 2nd gen-Core i5 (the spec is similiar with 2011 13-inch MacBook Pro). Will my graphics card detected normally on Fedora 25 with the official Intel driver? Also, if the driver was installed, can I play SimCity 4 with Wine and DirectX properly?
      Thank you.
    • By Tyberius06
      Hi everybody!
      Recently I've started making my first custom textures, and I ran into a little issue. So I need a little help/advice what the mistake is what I made.
      My first few textures are appearing nicely and in the intended order in the LE and PIM-X too, but ingame only the first texture from the pack is appering. I attached 2 pictures, the first one is a compare picture between the PIM-X and INGAME. The 2nd picture shows what I see in the SC4 Tool, where I created the pack.

Thanks for any help in advance!

- Tyberius

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.