Verbatim from Bobbo's original 2006 readme:

Caldor 

Headquarters - Norwalk, Connecticut
President - Warren D. Feldberg
Employees - 22,000
Stores - 145
Founded - 1954
Closed - 1999

February of 1999, New England lost another major regional retail chain of store. Caldor, the company founded by Carl and Dorothy Bennett in 1951, turned to dust. This was the end of the sales pitch for the 4th largest retail chain in America. 22,000 workers took home pink slips for their trouble.  145 stores in nine states were put up for lease.  

Caldor got it's name from combining the first names of the Bennetts, Carl & Dorothy and opened one small store in Port Chester, New York.  The Bennetts sold Caldor to Associated Dry Goods Corp., and in 1986, ADG merged with the May Department Stores Co.  In 1991, Caldor went public and grew into a company with 2.5 billion in annual sales. Though in 
recent years, Caldor failed to distinguish itself from other regional discounters, like Ames Department Stores and could not compete with retail giants like Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target.

This is part of my series of bankrupted department chains that I have created for your Sims to relive which what we had experienced in North America.  Ames, Zayre, Woolco, Bradlees, and now Caldor all have been swallowed up by the effects of Sam Walton's, Wal-Mart.

This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot. He graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.

For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.

-------
Stats:
-------
6x6 CS$ Plop, 6x6 CS$ Grow
     Jobs : 562 CS$
     Plop Cost : $32000
     Bulldoze Cost : $3200
     Power Consumed : 16
     Water Consumed : 155
     Air/Water Pollution : Negligible
     Garbage Pollution : 24 over 4 tiles
      Flamability : 65
     Growth Stage : 1

------------------
Dependencies:
------------------

SHK Parking Pack
SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol1

And above all... have fun!

nos.17

What's New in Version 03

Released

Totally new lot and exemplars. Please redownload and run the provided Cleanitol file.

6142117.gif

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

sejr99999

thank you again for digging these up and relotting them so well

one could start a collection of failed businesses and use them all in one city

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Excellent ^_^

Share this review

Link to review
Prophet42

Thanks for providing these relots.  They are really excellent and provide what it sorely lacking in SC4....big box stores. 

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By nos.17
      Recently I acquired all of Bobbo662's fantastic unreleased BATs and their unfinished lots (I cannot thank him enough). Unfortunately, due to RL issues, he was forced to quit and leave most of his amazing bats without decent lots. After talking with him, he was generous enough to just hand them all over to me to relot and upload. Anyways, after a new computer and some Lot Editor problems, I have finally "finished" some lots enough to show here.
      Well...without further ado...I present...

B62 Remastered (all BATs by Bobbo662)
      Green links have been completed and point to the uploaded file here on the STEX.
      Purple links signify recent updates, bug fixes, or uploads
      Orange links are under construction.
      Black links have not been started as of the last update.
      nos.17 Essentials

on001222 Relots
      Thai Wah Tower
      Lotus Temple Relot
      Arnorma Hotel Relot

IRM (Industrial Revolution Mod) Remakes
      IRM: Distribution Center & Freight Yard
      Lowes Distribution Center (IRM Version)

Contest Entries
      VIP French Pavillions (SC4D 9th Birthday Lotting contest entrant; BAT by vnaoned)
      S3-03-C : CM Centre Commercial
      S3-06-C : City Tourism & Information Kiosk
      S3-10-C : Andrews Fashion Centre
      S3-15-C : Streetside Parking (SSP)
      S3-18-C : Palacio Cristal
      S3-20-C : Target Supercenter Complex

Other Projects
      HBS Lowes (BAT by Heblem)
      Mattb325 UK Retailers Revisited (BAT by mattb325)
      Staples Center (BAT by dmscopio)
      El Cristo Redentor (BAT by Travis and RDQ)

For the original, high quality images of all uploaded content, please visit my Compendium of Creations.
      More may come in the future... who knows? 
    • By nos.17
      Obsolete. Please download:

• By nos.17
      Obsolete. Please refer here:  
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments