• Moose

1 Screenshot

About This File

This is the Windows installer. The Mac OSX Version is a little to buggy for release right now, so you can run this in WINE or download this in a NAM package with a wineskin wrapper at http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17344.msg505849#msg505849 Version 2.1.1 is coming soon and will include newly PIM-X'ed buildings, better installers for both Windows and Mac, and other little changes/bug fixes.

There is a lot of myths about CAM out there. For a beautifully written article about what CAM is really about, see the blog by Tarkus here The CAM (Colossus Addon Mod) – Separating Fact From Fiction. This article also give a great idea on some great starter buildings.

NOTE: If you have merged your SimCity_1.dat file with the original CAM 1.0 file, restore your original SimCity_1.dat file before running this installer.

Welcome to the Colossus Addon Mod (CAM). CAM changes the way cities and regions develop. This is possible through the use of Growth Stages(Read in Basics of the Manual). This causes the game to progress from small stores, single houses and farms/small factories to Commercial Office towers, Residential High Rises and Large industrial factories less rapidly and much more realistically.

The altered growth also allows the player better control their cities through the use of zoning density. If the player wanted a nice rural town, zone only light density, with some medium in larger areas. On the other side, the skyscrapers and other large buildings become more balanced and possible with very developed regions. Use of high density zoning will allow these to grow when ready.

As with any new software or mod, be sure to read the Readme’s and this guide before installing or using the mod. Page 4 of the manual contains the specifics of installation. The manuals can be downloaded or read in both English and Japenese here, http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17318.0

Description of new Styles

Install Types:

IR Fix Only – Will only Patch the SimCity_1.dat file. This will cause IR to be included in the totals for industry for regular SimCity 4. It will also allow normal industrial connections to work for IR. All other install types include this already. Original SimCity 4 files are backed up in the folder \Documents\SimCity 4\Original SimCity Files\

Extended (InvisiChem) – This is CAM 2.1.0 Standard with extended stage ranges for larger regions. The growth I feel is more balanced and lifelike.

Standard – Just like CAM 1.0 stages, just the curves have been smoothed out and the range slightly extended.

Rural – Stages are set for smaller, rural style growth. Stage 15 can happen, it just will be in very large regions and very infrequently.

Midrise – Stages are set to place an emphasis on growing midrise stages. This is similar to the way European cities grow.

Skyscraper – Stages have been set to allow Skyscrapers to grow quickly, even in one city regions.

All stage settings, except for the Extended version, are the values that were originally developed by RippleJet. All the new CAM 2.1.0 fixes have been included in all versions. The only difference between types is the stages for specific play style.

Feel free to add comments here, the CAM General discussions board at SC4Devotion, or if you start a thread here at Simtropolis, let me know so I can be as helpful as possible. Feel free to discuss any myths about this mod that have circulated in the past. I will be more than happy to share what this mod is truly about, including how it helps regional play.

Cheers everyone, 

InvisiChem.

SC4DatPacker.exe.log

User Feedback

Wouldn't let me add it to the reviews, so Check out the changes at this thread, 

It's not fully all changes, but all the truly important ones. :)

Share this comment

i have two question and i need to answer

the I-HT Bug is fixed in this version of the CAM2.1.0?

and after installe cam2.1.0 can i add OperaHousefix and SpaceportFix to my plugins?? 

Share this comment

I-HT bug is fixed - Correct.

I suggest adding the OperaHouse fix and the Spaceport fix (can solve this one with AC Functional Airports as well). 

The types, PlayStyles I believe you mean, are dependent upon the way you play. Do not install more than one at a time. If you are unsure, I suggest the extended version (I place my name on it for this reason). The only style that does not focus on regional play is the Skyscraper version. Midrise is for a European style growth and feel, Rural is for lower densities and takes a long time to reach higher stages. Standard is like CAM 1.0 just with the curves smoothed. 

Share this comment

Correct. I'll post the CAM Census tables in the thread. They're also in the Manual. But CAM changes most of the census tables. The bug was caused by IH asking for 10% R$, 80% R$$, 10% R$$$. When R$ and any other value are the same, the bug is active, causing 0 employment for the other type, in this case R$$$. CAM changes IH to 15% R$, 60% R$$, 25% R$$$. I know it's pretty far off from the vanilla game, but it helps to balance the population away from R$$ sims.

Share this comment

i dont know why the rj's cam does not developing the res com and ind zones and their building who i was installed them right according to their dependencies :( 

Share this comment

hi IconicGoddess, you need to download (msvcr71.dll)&(GdiPlus.dll)&(mfc71.dll) and place this set directly to
local disk C:/Window/système32  if you have windows..32bits
or
local disk C:/Window/syswow64  if you have windows..64bits

for working SC4DatPacker 8)

Share this comment

@blynCorporation 

Това е InvisiChem, разработчикът на новия CAM. Съжалявам, превода на коментар не излезе много добре. Давай напред и да отговорите на това съобщение в собствения си език, аз ще използвам Google превежда, да го тълкуват.

Това, което би могло да се разбере е малко объркващо. Възможно ли е да използвате стария CAM или онзи, аз афиш на Simtropolis?

CAM не са изпитали някакви зависимости. Сградите, включени са оригиналните Maxis сгради с променени стойности. Те сами по себе си трябва да има никакви проблеми растат. Ако те не се разраства, се уверете, че не е нужно някакви блокери във вашата папка с плъгини.

Ние трябва да започнем с тази информация, тогава ние ще преминем към други проблеми, които могат да дойдат.

This is InvisiChem, the developer of the new CAM. I'm sorry, the translation of your comment didn't come out very well. Go ahead and reply to this message in your own language, I will use google translate to interpret it. 

What I could understand was slightly confusing. Are you using the old CAM or the one I posted on Simtropolis? 

CAM does not have any dependencies. The buildings included are the original Maxis buildings with altered values. These by themselves should have no problems growing. If they are not growing, check to make sure you do not have any blockers in your plugins folder.

We should start with this information, then we will move on to other problems that may come.

wes4 likes this

Share this comment

I'm absolutely thrilled someone picked up where the original CAM team left off.  In fact, I've incorporated many of the same updates from Ripplejet's thread on SC4D for my own personal use. However, I think I'll wait for version 2.1.1 before upgrading my current config.

Share this comment

No problem. Going to be a little bit though. It's a lot of buildings to separate from the parent cohort/family links and give their own lots. 

Share this comment

не знам защо пакета BSC CAM Colossus Addon Mod By RippleJet V1.0 спря да работи или не развива сградите от residential commercial industrial zone които аз инсталирах следните пакети BSC CAM Residentials V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Offices V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Services V1.0 BSC CAM Industrials V1.0 нали знаеш че в тези файлове BSC CAM Residentials V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Offices V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Services V1.0 BSC CAM Industrials съдържат много зависимости Lots Mods, Residentials Commercial Offices Commercial Services Industrials файлове и ги инсталирах така както е изисквано от техните readme files в които са писани техните зависимости дори инсталирах много видове сгради от резидентната (зелената) зона комерсиалната (синята) зона и индустриалната (жълтата) зона. 

Share this comment

а не разбирам защо в твоя пакет BSC CAM Colossus Addon Mod By InvisiChem V2.1 има SimCity_1 и какво трябва да направя с файла SimCity_1 който се намира в \Documents\SimCity 4\Original Maxis Files?

Share this comment

преди да форматирам моя pc аз инсталирах твоя пакет  BSC CAM Colossus Addon Mod By InvisiChem V2.1 безупречно без никакви проблеми тоест изпробвах всичките типове инсталации като първо започнах от първия тип "ir fix only" успешно но имаше само един проблем при развитието или growth или appears на сградите от резидентната (зелена) зона конкретния проблем беше че се появяваха само the maxis ingame buildings с изключение на останалите сгради от пакетите  BSC CAM Residentials V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Offices V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Services V1.0 BSC CAM Industrials V1.0 нали знаеш че в тези файлове BSC CAM Residentials V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Offices V1.0 BSC CAM Commercial Services V1.0 BSC CAM Industrials които  съдържат много dependencies Lots Mods, Residentials Commercial Offices Commercial Services Industrials файлове

Share this comment

@blynCorporation I have to go to work for the moment. I will answer you by private message for each of these problems. I think we can work out any problems happening. I have not seen this problem since CAM 1.0, but it was a problem of conflicting plugins. 

Аз трябва да отида на работа за момента. Аз ще ви отговоря с лично съобщение, за всеки един от тези проблеми. Мисля, че можем да работим по всички проблеми, които се случват. Аз не съм виждал този проблем, тъй като CAM 1.0, но това е проблем на конфликтни плъгини.

Share this comment

On 2/23/2016 at 8:54 PM, InvisiChem said:

No problem. Going to be a little bit though. It's a lot of buildings to separate from the parent cohort/family links and give their own lots. 

FWIW, I consider the CAM equally as important as the NAM. I'm also aware of the considerable amount of time and mental focus you've invested here (I'm particularly impressed with the addition of alternate growth styles). That being said, I want to offer my assistance with the project in any form you may require. I've been using the mod for 4+ years now, and have gained a pretty good understanding of it's function and behavior. I'm also fluent in the Reader and the rest of the tools used in its development.  In any event, I am truly grateful for your efforts. Many thanks.

computica likes this

Share this comment

Tried installing this for the first time today and the installer is giving me problems. Right after I close the ReadMe file, waiting for the SC4 Dat Packer window to pop up as instructed, an "Errors occured" dialog box pops up instead and directs me to the "SC4DatPacker.exe.log" for details, but when I try to open that up, I get an 'Access Denied' message and it looks blank. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks very much!

Share this comment

Yea im getting the same problem as the guy above, errors occured..

heres the contents of that log file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 1, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "datPacker.py", line 1, in ?
  File "datPackerApp.pyo", line 2814, in ?
pywintypes.error: (2, 'RegOpenKeyEx', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

6 hours ago, Applevorous said:

Tried installing this for the first time today and the installer is giving me problems. Right after I close the ReadMe file, waiting for the SC4 Dat Packer window to pop up as instructed, an "Errors occured" dialog box pops up instead and directs me to the "SC4DatPacker.exe.log" for details, but when I try to open that up, I get an 'Access Denied' message and it looks blank. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks very much!

On 19/2/2016 at 5:37 AM, wes4 said:

hi IconicGoddess, you need to download (msvcr71.dll)&(GdiPlus.dll)&(mfc71.dll) and place this set directly to
local disk C:/Window/système32  if you have windows..32bits
or
local disk C:/Window/syswow64  if you have windows..64bits

for working SC4DatPacker 8)

i dunno if i wanna risk doing that but let me know if it works

Share this comment

It seems I'm having an issue with the installation, or rather confused. The directory says C:\CAMTemp\Simcity4. Is that the correct path because on the readme when it pops up, when you install CAM, it says to put the directory to SimCity_1 only? Any help?

Share this comment

You should actually never see that folder. That folder is created by the installer for the automatic patching and then removed from the system when the patch is finished. 

If you see that folder, then the installer was able to back up your Simcity files in the \SimCity 4\Original SimCity Files\   folder. It has also created the \Plugins\SimCity_1\  folder. It should then display the readme and run SC4 Dat Packer.

To see that folder, the installer had to be stopped before the next steps, either by a program failure or manually. 

For the instructions, a program should start called SC4 Dat Packer. It will have a splash screen and a new window with a list of folders in your plugins directory. You should just have to click the entry that reads "Simcity_1" and click start. The installer will then handle the rest of the file moving. If it is unable to create the Patch file, then it should give you a warning that the IR Patch failed, asking if you wish to continue the installation.

Share this comment

Hello all, the first question: where is the manual?  I can't find it.

The second question: the installer doesn't work for me. I have installed SC4 Deluxe in this folder: D:\Games\SimCity4Deluxe\. In "Choose install location" if I insert the default folder or i change it, it doesn't work. How can i solve?

Share this comment