SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1 1.0.1

(5.00)    (8 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC presents: SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1

Introduction

THIS PACKAGE IS NOW OBSOLETE. GO HERE:

After weeks of experimentation, I am proud to bring you my first texture set as part of my Superparking project. Originally conceived as a simple modular parking set, it evolved into an extension of the base SHK Parking Pack, and quickly turned into its own beast. Now this agglomeration of random parking lot ideas is finally a reality.

Overview

This set contains 352 new overlay textures for building and customizing your parking lots to your heart’s content. Many of these ideas were from parking lot layouts utilized by many business parks around North America, such as Denver's Tech Center and Silicon Valley. Note that this set avoids the full-parking-block-on-one-tile option – I’m referring to the single tile textures with back-to-back parking spaces, which has long been a part of SC4 (it shipped with the game!). Unfortunately, most of these are completely unrealistic, since vehicles have either one car length or less to back out on, not to mention the one-car width paths. Ultimately this set is geared for lotting more realistic style of parking, which are largely influenced by our resident nos.17.

These textures are broken into 4 components, each with separate DATs. The contents are as follows:

Pack 1: SHK+ Plus Orthogonals

An extension of the original parking textures (quite literally). Spaces are approximately 20% longer so that the car props now stay within the spaces rather than jut out past – credit goes to MushyMushy for this one. Unfortunately with this change, these overlays aren’t quite compatible with the original SHK end island props, but that’s actually remedied somewhat here as well. This pack also introduces brand new transition pieces which are offered in all 3 standard wealth options with both pavement as well as grass choices.

Pack 2: Islands, Curbs & Paths

A set of parking “islands” and curb pieces meant for general pathing. Curb pieces contain all 3 standard wealth grass and pavement options. Also introduces diagonal parking block “bisectors”, which is just a diagonal path that cuts through an orthogonal parking block.

Pack 3: Junctions and Road Markings

Contains basic junctions and road markings. Markings include solid median lines in yellow and white, as well as stop signs and zebra crossings. LHD is supported.

Pack 4: Diagonals

Contains a basic set of diagonal parking textures and necessary pieces to make fully standalone diagonal parking lots. Includes orthogonal transitions, end islands, and some pathing related pieces. This is the main highlight of this set, as diagonal parking has been a rather neglected component of SC4. Well, not anymore I say!

Bonus: Lotting Examples

There’s a small folder included called “Lotting Examples” that contains a few images of layout combinations that are now possible with this set. Hopefully lotters will find this useful *:P.

This set contains no actual lots -- those will come at a later time!

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X.

Dependencies

None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is a requirement to take full advantage.

Credit to shokthrpy for the original set, which served as the template for me. It wouldn’t have been possible to create this without it! 

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See Changelog

Released

This package has been consolidated with SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

DUDE! I was absolutely working on this very thing, except that I was creating my own textures! :D It seems you've addressed many of my own concerns too...

Great minds DO think alike!

If you'd like, i'll provide some of my project notes here, in case you'd really like to develop this to be THE all-inclusive parking lot package.

Good work! I can't wait to try it out!

Share this comment