• Moose

SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1 1.0.1

(5.00)    (8 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

KOSC presents: SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1

Introduction

THIS PACKAGE IS NOW OBSOLETE. GO HERE:

After weeks of experimentation, I am proud to bring you my first texture set as part of my Superparking project. Originally conceived as a simple modular parking set, it evolved into an extension of the base SHK Parking Pack, and quickly turned into its own beast. Now this agglomeration of random parking lot ideas is finally a reality.

Overview

This set contains 352 new overlay textures for building and customizing your parking lots to your heart’s content. Many of these ideas were from parking lot layouts utilized by many business parks around North America, such as Denver's Tech Center and Silicon Valley. Note that this set avoids the full-parking-block-on-one-tile option – I’m referring to the single tile textures with back-to-back parking spaces, which has long been a part of SC4 (it shipped with the game!). Unfortunately, most of these are completely unrealistic, since vehicles have either one car length or less to back out on, not to mention the one-car width paths. Ultimately this set is geared for lotting more realistic style of parking, which are largely influenced by our resident nos.17.

These textures are broken into 4 components, each with separate DATs. The contents are as follows:

Pack 1: SHK+ Plus Orthogonals

An extension of the original parking textures (quite literally). Spaces are approximately 20% longer so that the car props now stay within the spaces rather than jut out past – credit goes to MushyMushy for this one. Unfortunately with this change, these overlays aren’t quite compatible with the original SHK end island props, but that’s actually remedied somewhat here as well. This pack also introduces brand new transition pieces which are offered in all 3 standard wealth options with both pavement as well as grass choices.

Pack 2: Islands, Curbs & Paths

A set of parking “islands” and curb pieces meant for general pathing. Curb pieces contain all 3 standard wealth grass and pavement options. Also introduces diagonal parking block “bisectors”, which is just a diagonal path that cuts through an orthogonal parking block.

Pack 3: Junctions and Road Markings

Contains basic junctions and road markings. Markings include solid median lines in yellow and white, as well as stop signs and zebra crossings. LHD is supported.

Pack 4: Diagonals

Contains a basic set of diagonal parking textures and necessary pieces to make fully standalone diagonal parking lots. Includes orthogonal transitions, end islands, and some pathing related pieces. This is the main highlight of this set, as diagonal parking has been a rather neglected component of SC4. Well, not anymore I say!

Bonus: Lotting Examples

There’s a small folder included called “Lotting Examples” that contains a few images of layout combinations that are now possible with this set. Hopefully lotters will find this useful :P.

This set contains no actual lots -- those will come at a later time!

Install Instructions

Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X.

Dependencies

None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is a requirement to take full advantage.

Credit to shokthrpy for the original set, which served as the template for me. It wouldn’t have been possible to create this without it! 

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See Changelog

Released

This package has been consolidated with SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures.

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cyclone Boom

Ace stuff, this would be perfect for a SC4 lotting challenge! :golly:

Share this review

Link to review
Takingyouthere

You put a lot of work into this and it looks great, thanks for the upload!

Share this review

Link to review
raynev1

These are fantastic and will be so much fun to play with in Lot Editor . Thanks for this awesome release . 

Coming from a person that has participated in paving thousands of acres of parking areas , these will be used with much enjoyment . :thumb::thumb:

Share this review

Link to review
sucram17

This set is just stunning. More realistic than many of the existing parkings which lots of times are too tight.

Share this review

Link to review
Girafe

Good job :)

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Very nice set ^_^

Share this review

Link to review
SimCoug

Coming from a huge lotting nerd... THIS IS FANTASTIC!  :party::party:

Share this review

Link to review
nos.17

This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots.

It certainly will be for mine too! I think it is safe to say that the release of your textures will supersede literally every other parking set, modular or otherwise, in existence. Very, very well done!

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Jolteon
      A tiny insignificant village next to a tiny insignificant highway.

• By Evanjs
      I have always loved @RRetail And @nos.17 re-lots so I have stated my own re-lots. More to come soon.

Update 1.

• By UrbanFoxx
      Minderia
      The land of Technology

On February 4, 1991, the US State of Minderia was granted independence after a referendum on the issue the previous year. Located on a giant island west of Los Angeles, it shares a water border with the United States, and its capital is Minderia City, which was only founded in 1977. This SimCity 4 YouTube City Journal is meant to follow the growth of the seven major cities of Minderia. In the end, (sometime in 2020) we will have a city journal finally worthy of being on the City Journal section of this site (which is probably when ST 10.0 will be released)

Without further ado, here's Part 1 of the series!

Here's a rundown on what has been done in this video. In the first entry to this series, we make the interchange of Highway MA4 and MA7 on the South Split as well as build up a retail park, which will be moved further down south because it doesn't exactly look realistic where it sits now. Other than that, I forgot the skyscraper re-lots from KOSC, yeah. Gonna half to download those before the next episode.
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC Presents: Bobbo662's Dell Plant
      Introduction
      Dell Plant is the 1st lot release from my IndustryMania series. This is a re-lot of Bobbo662's Dell Plant building done at the request of @tariely.
      Package Overview

This building was lotted to fit somewhere between I-M and I-HT. The original lot was expanded somewhat to better accommodate the trucks in the rear section and the front-facing side of the complex has been drastically enhanced, giving it a bit of high-wealth/I-HT flair.
      Included in the following package is a single I-M Anchor growable.
      If you desire to plop the growables, use the buildingPlop cheat and look for the exemplar "b62_Dell_Plant_new" (requires ExtraCheats.dll)
      General Stats
      The included growable lot will provide 1342 I-M jobs. The lot sits on a giant 13x13 plot and is a stage 2 that only grows on high density.
      Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder.
      Dependencies
      Main Building(s)
      b62 Remastered: The Forsaken Files IMPORTANT NOTE: You only need the following buildings and props:
      b62-No Trespassing Sign Fence - for the fence prop in the rear section - is a subfolder in the Dell Plant folder  
      b62 Dell_Plant v1.4 - for the actual building model
      These are located in the DELL/B62 DELL Computer Plant V-2/B62 DELL Computer Plant V-2/ folder
      Props
      SHK Parking Pack BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props Jestarr Vol. 2 HD North American 40ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American 53ft Semi Trailers Vol. 1 HD North American Semi Truck Cabs Vol. 1 IdM - Trucking Essentials Textures
      BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V01 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures Credit to Bobbo662 for the original building.
      Enjoy!
    • By hiddentemple
      I installed NAM version 35 a couple of days ago, and works flawlessly, with little to no problems. However, it seems to be doing something with my roundabouts: the avenue, one-way, and regular road roundabouts seem to completely disappear, and I usually have to bulldoze the whole thing and attempt to rebuild it, with rudimentary results. This is a serious concern for me, as some of my cities are saturated with roundabouts.
      I've included a photo below for reference.
      Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• great Small town Post office! but....why is it a growable? :V
    • I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faithfully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list