(0.00)    (0 Reviews)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Screenshot

About This File

Highway Sign for Days Inn Hotel

1 person likes this

User Feedback

It's very important to provide us with a picture of your add-on. Please upload a picture of it :)

Share this comment

Sorry , your description is very short and without details . Besides having not added any images as well . Please , do it ...

:thumb:

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Need4Camaro
      I have 0 modding experience with Cities Skylines. I can 3D Model fairly decently but I am not a programmer.
      Anyway onto my questions.
      I wanted to eventually make a mod that literally allows users to "plop" custom Highway Signs instead of having to 3D Model them or custom make them for each interchange. It could be completely modular or it could work with the currently existing "Street Name" mod. So lets say for example that you have a stretch of highway and it has an interchange. The mod would do the following things for each interchange:
      Remove the existing Cities Skylines Highway Sign Prop By default, place a modern / realistic gantry or sign post near the exit ramp.  Upon its initial appearance the post will be incomplete and will not have a sign attached to it. The user will select the post and will be brought to an interface to assign the sign's data and other specifications. User will select the type of post. Whether it be an overhead gantry that spans across the entire carriageway, or a post on the side of the road. The street name, route number, herald, exit number, direction, control name can all be set for the sign in this interface If a user has the street name mod, the sign can be set to automatically detect the name of the street at the end of the ramp to pretty much automatically generate a sign. Multiple sign boards on one gantry would be possible. (For example a sign over the main carriage confirming the router number / direction advising that you're traveling in, and another board to the right (or left UK) advising the information for the current exit) Provide the ability to generate approach signs. By default their distances would be set to 1/2 mile and 1 mile (like real life) but they can be altered aswell. Approach signs would also be modifiable to include other information If two approach signs are within 1/4th of a mile of each other, they will automatically be merged to avoid cluttering. The Mechanics:
      The interface will use pre-fabbed sign boards (so the game will not have to create shapes / 3D models in-game) and will use the data the user enters to determine which sign board is most appropriate according to size. In essence, everything will be built to fit in the smallest board possible, but if a larger board is needed, it will use a larger board. Approach signs will automatically merge if they're too close to each other, however; it will be possible to customize approach signs or de-merge them if necessary. Approach signs will also merge onto the control sign at a previous exit if its within 1/4th of a mile of the previous exit. Signs will avoid spawning under overpasses, but they CAN spawn on bridges. Users can import their own Heralds and define in the game how the route numbers will be placed on those Heralds The mod would be made to support multiple Heralds. The mod would be made to support automatic exit numbering, with an offset number aswell for interstates leading into your city (I.E. the first exit for your city is Exit 50 instead of Exit 1) Can be controlled by mile OR by actual exit. 2 Lane Highways will Generate a Rural Post (on the side) by default. 3 and 4 Lane Highways will Generate an overhead Gantry by default. Basically the idea is to provide a way to generate highway signs for those who don't want to 3D model a sign for every exit they have. Once again this is all still theory. Nothing is in the works yet. This thread is asking if my idea is even possible, and if it is..where would I begin?
    • By Tobse
      New Update

For your city a new highway sign "Updated Version".
      This mod replace the model and texture of Sim City Highway sign.
      The model is the same like my German Highway Sign.

I wish the direction names could be dynamic, but they can't. Well for that i made a rotated version, but you could only install one mod.

Package Features

- German highway sign
      - Standart highway sign
      - PSD files (Difuse, Normal, Gloss) for everybody who want change the texture
        Apologies I deleted the other signs, the new signs I have changed too much, so I made a new package of it.   The shadows, there is still a problem, but I was able to partially mitigate the problem.

!DO NOT install more than one file, otherwise the mod will not work!

If you notice any problems, please report them in the comments and I will look at the issues as soon as possible

Tobse

Author: Tobias Ralew - www.tobs-design.de License: CC Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/ You may modify and re-distribute these mod files only with appropriate credit given.  
      Warning
      - Modifying files is still experimental and might lead to city rollbacks
      - There is no official statement from Maxis or EA about using mods, so use at your own risk
      - For more information on EA mod policy: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9729407.page

MOD TechInfo

- Poly count (Triangualted): 555
      - Texture resolution (Difuse, Normal, Gloss): 512x512 px

Special thanks to Oppie, creator of SimCityPak: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/
      Special thanks to Parkerwyoung for translation
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments