• Moose

Charlotte, North Carolina 0.1

(0.00)    (0 Reviews)

12 Screenshots

About This File

Charlotte, North Carolina

Charlotte is the largest city in the U.S. state of North Carolina and the second largest city in the southeastern United States.  It is currently the 17th largest city in the U.S. and was incorporated in 1768 as a town.  Named for Queen Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Charlotte is nicknamed the “Queen City” and is symbolized by a stylized crown.  Charlotte is located in and is the county seat of Mecklenburg County.

Facts:

Land Area: 297.7 sq. miles (771 km2)

Elevation: 751 ft (229 m)

Population (2014): 809,958 (17th)

Density: 2,720/ sq. miles (1,050.5/km2)

Urban Population: 1,249,442 (38th)

Metro: 2,380,314 (22nd)

Demonym: Charlottean

Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5) (Summer – DST: Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4))

Major Highways Servicing Charlotte:

Interstate 77, Interstate 85, Interstate 277, Interstate 485

US Highway 21, US Highway 29, US Highway 74

NC Highway 16, NC Highway 24, NC Highway 27, NC Highway 49, NC Highway 51, NC Highway 160

Terrain of Charlotte:

Charlotte’s elevation is 751 feet above sea level and is describe as rolling foothills leading into the mountains from the coastal plan.  This area is known as the Piedmont and stretches from South West of Atlanta, GA to Northeast of Greensboro, NC following the Interstate 85 corridor.  Due to Charlotte location inland, Charlotte has four distinctive seasons, however, winters are known to be mild and summers are known to be hot and humid.

Information about the map:

The map was created using Terrain Party and the standard setting.  This map includes Interstate 85, Interstate 77, and Interstate 277, along with US 74 east of Charlotte.  The interchanges for all the major Interstates are hand drawn and as accurate as possible within the game.  This includes the I-77/I-85 interchange in which I-77 crosses itself and the northbound lanes are now on the left side and the southbound are on the right.  This design was used during the construction of the highway to save money and space.  If you have a chance check out Google Maps:  https://www.google.com/maps/dir/35.2729762,-80.8449356//@35.2723018,-80.8450858,16z?hl=en.  In addition the location of the Interstates is accurate as well using the terrain features to determine location.

Note:  US 74 (Independence Freeway) – Does not connect to the outside.  I was limited to four connections and choose to connect the I-85 and I-77 to the outside.  If anyone knows of a mod to allow more connections – please let me know.

Water Placement:

Due to the terrain and the proximate of water to the center city, I took liberties to ensure the map has proper water and access.  This was created due to Charlotte not being located on a major river or the river being close enough to be included in the map.

Please provide feedback and any suggestions so I can improve the map.  I am starting to use this map to build a city on and will be providing updates as I find issues.  Please let me know via commits if you have problems or concerns with the map or the road lay outs.

User Feedback

So living in North Carolina and as a person who visits Charlotte fairly often, I need to take the time to congratulate you on this. It looks super realistic on a street level. Good job!

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By huzman
      I found these maps in a very old folder -almost 10 years old. They are not in recent releases of SC3U, So I decided to upload them after testing them in my recent GOG version of SC3U. They seem to work OK. So, enjoy !
      huzman
    • By huzman
      I am having a little trouble with water/land borders as @CorinaMarie's posts above have shown. Most, really most maps I've down-loaded shows these glitches. So, is there a way to go the other way around from region to gray map ? That way one can check the height levels. Another option would be to check the heights directly in region/city tile.
    • By nofunk
      Happy 100 million downloads on the STEX!

The Centre Building stands at 212 W. Wisconsin Avenue in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Originally opened as the Grand Warner Theatre in 1931, the 12-story Art Deco office tower is now home to the Center Theatre Corporation and the Downtown Milwaukee visitor center. Its elaborate trompe l'oeil mural on the east wall makes it a landmark on the city's Wisconsin Avenue corridor.

The Centre Building provides 331 CO$$ jobs. Add this Midwest gem to your city today!

A collaboration between nofunk and Jasoncw! Special thanks to Jasoncw for the fantastic texture work!

- 1x2 growable and ploppable CO$$ versions
      - Grows in the New York tileset
      - Available in MaxisNite and DarkNite
      - DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd

• By nofunk
      Happy 100 million downloads on the STEX!

Also known as the 7th Street Hotel, the South Loop Club stands at 701 S. State Street in Chicago, Illinois. Built sometime in the late 1920s at the corner of S. State and 7th Street (now known as Balbo Avenue), the South Loop Club still stands as a unique Art Deco building in Chicago's South Loop neighborhood.

The Centre Building provides 57 CS$$ jobs. Add this Midwest gem to your city today!

- 1x2 growable and ploppable CS$$ versions
      - Grows in the New York tileset
      - Available in MaxisNite and DarkNite
      - DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd

• By JakeMD
      Welcome!

Saw something you liked in someone's screenshot but can't find it? Vaguely remember seeing something once, but you don't know where it is? 
      Wondering whether or not a plugin of a certain type exists?

This is the thread where you can ask for help finding things.

When asking, please be as descriptive and specific as possible. This can help people to understand what you're looking for.
      If possible, screenshots are also encouraged.

This thread is a direct continuation of the original topic, which got too big. Someone might have already been looking for the same thing as you, so checking there first might get you your answer faster.

P.S. If you would like a particular BAT to be made, please request it in the BAT Request Thread.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)
    • Very nice, too bad the Grass Textures dont match my Terrain Mod
    • The appropriate words escape me - this is freaking brilliant!!! You've done some great stuff over the years Rivit (particularly from an Australian bias), but this tool is, well, exemplary. I've been away for some years and have missed a lot, but this one has been a significant highlight as I try to wrangle my old plugin folder into line (which, prior to running this, I thought was in pretty good shape...)