Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By scaletho
      Hi,

I'm trying to find the ORIGINAL package of roads parameters and proprieties, and the package of the houses (civs).
      I've tried the Game package, DLC, EP1, APP, Graphic, etc, but most of the parameters such as models, proprieties are no there.
      I don't know if I would be able to reach CapTon, Oppie or any other original SimCity 2013 "veterans" of modding, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I appreciate very much.
      Scaletho
    • By scaletho
      Hi Everybody,

Sorry my bad English. This is -- finally -- a fix to the annoying bug of the Oppie's Central Train Station. The Station are amazing and Oppie did a great job. But when one plopped any City of Tomorrow building next to it, the "futurist" effect simply reverted the CTS to the common Passenger Train Station. Oppie is not working or updating SimCity 2013 mods anymore (I suppose), so I fixed the problem, and as far as I could test the game, now the CTS stay as CTS even if you plop a Megatower next to it. I'm still testing the mod, and if there is any unforeseen problem, I'll try to solve it.
      I also improved the number of passengers from 2000 to 4000.
      THIS IS A OFFLINE MOD
       Install by copying the .package file into your ...\Origin\SimCity\SimCityData\ folder.
    • By scaletho
      Hi,
      Regrettably, SimCity 2013 was abandoned long time ago. Still I enjoy the classic game's design very much, despite the problems. I'm trying to fix the "futurizing" bug of Central Train Station Mod by Oppie. He is not active in SimCity 2013 anymore, but I'm trying to find some developer ou designer who still love the game and could point me out where I can find the "futurize" parameter in SimCity_Game.package, 0SP_SimCity-Scripts_287520926.package, SimCity-Scripts_287520926.package or SimCityDLCEP1-Scripts_287520926.package.
      I hope to fix the bug and ask you some help. Many thanks.

Scaletho
    • By Moogu
      Looking for active and cooperative mayors to join region and continue a supportive community. Experienced or new mayors encouraged. 
      Below is a link for a site that allows you to check all map plots to give you an idea before you claim it. (resources, wind direction, rail and boat/shipping connections etc.)
      http://www.simcityplanningguide.com/2013/10/traffic-and-rci-tips.html
      Rules/Guidelines:
      Original SimCity 2013 only please, no Cities of Tomorrow (all other adaptations are ok, just ask before deploying mods) Be active in communicating and collaborating with other mayors.  2 map lots per mayor (Please ask before claiming more than one map lot), preferably just 1 to start and eventually we'll roll into 2 cities per mayor if they are not occupied completely. play at your speed, don't feel rushed. Just enjoy and have fun! lets get some awesome skyline pictures and let the creativity flow and learn a thing or two from one another. If you want to discontinue playing with this group just let me know and please abandon the map so i can manage it and clear it for someone else to play. I chose Rambling Badlands because of it's fairly linear arrangement of terrain (other maps are much too gradient/sloping and cause graphics issues), plentiful resources and allows 7 cities on each side of mountain range with 1 great work on each side. I personally thought it was a much better set up than just 4 mayors per region quadrant. 
      Also Rambling Badlands is extremely bug free.
      Badlands is also a nice change of scenery from the traditional maps.
      My Origin name is: Moogu69
      I have been an active mayor since release of this title with 1300+ hours logged
      so please message me if you're interested! cheers!

• By UrbanFoxx
      UrbanFoxx
      Here in the Urban Fox Den, we focus only upon building the best designed cities, created with the best of SimCity (2013), SimCity 4, and Cities Skylines. We also play some other mods in the SimCity 4 game, such as SimMars and the upcoming SimMoon mod, which has yet to see an ETA, but there will be a let's play upon its release. Here we will also do some other games as well such as:
      Here's a look at the upload schedule for the summer! Now featuring five videos a week, and starting on May 29, 2017, running all the way to July 21, 2017
      Monday: SimCity 4: Minderia
      Tuesday: Cities Skylines: Raccoon City
      Wednesday: SimCity 4: SimMars
      Thursday: SimCity (2013) Project Violet
      Friday: SimCity 4: SparkleCity
      All videos are also guaranteed to be 1080p60, editied with the best software (Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects), and all thumbnails guaranteed to be edited with Adobe Photoshop. Enjoy the channel, and here's my first video to give you a slice of what goes on at UrbanFoxx Studios.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should!
    • I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...
    • I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.
    • @RandyE Thanks! I grabbed that one too. I'm not ready yet to kill them all, but I do want other stage 3 farm buildings to compete with Pedriana. Ideally I'd like to find a few more. In the meantime I'm now on a downloading frenzy getting all of @dk1's stuff. Their simple elegance (and the convenience of no dependencies) makes them ideal for mixing in with my otherwise nearly plain vanilla Maxis content.