• Moose

Serenity Valley - Boreal 1.0.0

(0.00)    (0 Reviews)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

18 Screenshots

About This File

This is my first hand-made map. 

Serenity Valley has two small winding rivers that converge on higher ground, then meet up with a larger, lower river. There are three possible locations for a hydro dam. A dam with 1600 MW at the big waterfall is possible.  

Panoramic views of mountains and hills, with a small amount of playable space in the foothills. Otherwise, the map is flat at two different heights. The lowlands are fertile, the highlands have some oil and ore.  

There are also two canals, intended to look man-made, and perfect for use with waterfront walkways. (See example image above.)

Waterfront Walkway by Tair
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422857990

Walkway by VIP
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=426140797

Hats off to MrMiyagi for his wonderful map-making guide. I really needed help with my mountains, and I discovered his tip on using Wilbur. 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=482232215

Unfortunately for this map, I was too far into the project to use it, but I will definitely use it in the future. So the mountains are entirely hand drawn here, and I hope you find them suitable.

I hope you enjoy this map as much as I do. I imagined it for days and started it twice before it started to take shape.

Steam workshop link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503001583

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See Changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

SyntheticBiscuit and SimKidd like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RobertLM78
      This was made by 'and, so it's called Andia.  Lots of flat place for building, which is nice if you use roadtop mass transit of any sort.   Features both coasts and mountains.
      A greyscale image, region.ini, and config file are included.  Use the config, or make your own to suit. 
      To install press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R, browse to and select the greyscale image,  then go do some chores while the game renders the map. 
    • By SigmaSeven
      Hey everyone!

Just wondering what all people like to see in their favorite maps.
    • By RandyE
      This map began with a modelled picture of a dove, and was processed into an 8-bit 256 indexed grayscale. It was discovered that although a grayscale height-map could be 8-bit and 256 shades of gray, it must also be 'indexed' specifically as a grayscale image otherwise SC4 will simply render a flat region.  Thanks to @CorinaMarie for investigating the format and rendering the image into the initial dove-shaped island landscape.  From there, I developed the 'Dove Islands' region theme with a city layout (config.bmp).
      Included in the zip-file is the preview image, install instructions (readme.txt), the Dove Islands region height-map, config.bmp, and region.ini file.  Also included is a file for the cloud background in the preview.  The 'region_bg_1-clouds.dat' may be placed in the Plugins folder where the game is installed. 
      For more about creating grayscale heightmaps see:  C.O.R.I.M.A.P.S. - A Tutorial for SimCity 4
      Install:
      1. Place 'Dove Islands' folder in user account Documents/SimCity 4/ Regions folder.
      2. Load SC4 and select 'Dove Islands' region
      3. In region view press CNTRL+SHIFT+ALT+R and navigate to Grayscale Heightmap subfolder.
      4. Select Dove_lslands_513x449.bmp
      5. Wait for SC4 to render the map and create the city files.
    • By feyss
      My entry for the City Showcase challenge.
      A huge mosaic from Alijstar and its canals.
      Hope you like it

--> Real size picture here, because it's too damn huge, even for the post below

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• For my relots to work properly, you will need to download these dependencies if you haven't already. Most of us use these particular dependencies a lot. All you need to do is search for each in a Google Search and it should either be the first or second result. Please know that some of these downloads are from the LEX site, which will require you to make an account in order to download things from there.
    • Great work and great to see you batting again! I love MKE stuff and remember going to this bar fairly often when I lived there.
    • I want to have these on my game, but I'm really confused about how to do this download, do I have to have all those dependencies? If so, where do I find all of them? Do I just click the pink 'Download File' button, or do I have to find and download those dependencies from somewhere? I'm not good with computers, sorry. Any help on this from anyone will be appreciated. 
    • Great. You stay closely on the IRM but add something new, no repetition. I'll use them for shure. We really should bring some of the newer props into the game, they deserve it.  For RRW (Real Rail Way) users I'd like to mention that eggman121 did the hard work of updating the NCD texture pack and some of the BSC textures to RRW versions. It is downloadable here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3350 they are a replacement for Railyard and Spur Textures, Mega Pack but only an override for some of the BSC textures (= needed by the original IRM). So keep in mind the eggman121 textures must be loaded after the BSC Mega Textures.
    • @DavidDHetzel: Indeed. They've been sitting on my computer for a while now, but I think it's high time to take them for a spin again.