Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

There are no reviews to display.

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By CT14
      The Norfolk and Western Railway (NW) used the HL Class 40 ft, 2 bay "fishbelly" hopper cars to transport coal during the early to mid 20th century. These Late Steam/Transition era cars have the "sloped side sheets" with original road numbers 22000-25999, 38000-39999, and 68500-69499. [1]
      Some HL class were rebuilt into H9 class around 1949, this marked the beginning of the phasing out of the design. By 1960 they were using different cars and different paint schemes, and the Norfolk and Western was running diesel on its mainlines starting in 1959. [2]
      Installation:
      Simply unzip the "CT14 - Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars.zip" file into your plugins folder.
      Removal:
      Remove the "Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars" folder from your plugins folder (normally in Plugins/CT14/Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars". Lots which use these props will be a little bit emptier.
      Prop catalog:
      For SimCity, these cars have been rendered as HD props in a variety of angles and filled with coal in three variations, along with empty car versions.
      Orthogonal (3 load variations plus empty):
      - 90 deg
      Diagonal (3 load variations plus empty):
      - 45 deg
      Curve Fitting Angles (consecutive angles' loads will generally vary, plus empty versions of all):
      Left and Right versions of:
      - 5.625 deg
      - 11.25 deg
      - 16.875 deg
      - 22.5 deg
      - 28.125 deg
      - 33.75 deg
      - 39.375 deg
      Fractional Angles (3 load variations plus empty for each pair of angles):
      FA2 26.6/63.4
      FA3 18.4/71.6
      Release history:
      v1.0 - 20170225 - Initial release
      References:
      [1] Rex Desilets, "N&W HL Class Hopper Road Numbers?" (O Gauge Railroad forum), http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/nandamp-w-hl-class-hopper-road-numbers?nc=1
      [2] PC9850, "Correct Steam-Era N&W Coal Hoppers?" (ibid), http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/correct-steam-era-nandampw-coal-hoppers
      Development thread:
      http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/69360-ct14s-railroad-lots-and-bat/
    • By CT14
      ATTENTION: Use one of the HD or SD model sets, not both. Remove the folder for the one you don't want.
      This is the Troy Gasholder Building, built in 1873 for the Troy Gas Light Company in Troy, New York state, USA. Designed by Frederick A. Sabbaton, it housed a telescoping iron gasholder of the type found in Gascooker's prop packs and default Maxis industrials.
      For more information please see:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Gas_Light_Company

Lot info
      Size: 3x3 Type: Natural gas power plant Menu: Power Plop cost: 900 Power generated: 300 The building is lotted as a 3x3 power plant with 10% of the plop cost, and 10% of the power generated as compared to the default Maxis natural gas power plant.

Historical accuracy caveats
      The prototype lot would be close to 3x8, including a coal shed, maintance shop, and pipelines. In the interests of space, this lot presents a small storage and maintenance yard, along with a propane filling station. The real building is red brick with stone courses. This lot features a prop family with two alternate versions to fit in better with different areas: brown brick, and whitewashed/boarded up. The boarded up version has no night lighting. However, the small greenspace on one corner is found in the real life version, which is located in a residential neighborhood of 2-story rowhouses.  
      Dependencies
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol01.dat
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342
      BSC Mega Props - JES Vol09.dat
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2349

Installation
      Simply unzip this folder to your plugins folder.
      Removal
      Bulldoze any examples of this obsolete Victorian folly which remain in your cities, then remove this folder from your plugins folder.
      Upgrading
      The HD models share their IDs with SD, and there have been no change to prop descriptions, so it should be possible to upgrade without bulldozing existing plops.
      Remove the "Plugins/CT14/Troy Gasholder Building v1.0" folder to a backup location, then move the v1.1 folder into Plugins, as for example "Plugins/CT14/Troy Gasholder Building v1.1".

• By Zimtopia
      Summary: When I gift coal from one city to another, where does it go?
      Details:
      City B has a coal power plant, a trade port, smelting, and a trade depot.  Each of these have available coal storage capacity.
      City A sends a coal gift to City B, a size that could go to any of the four places.  Where will it go?
      (I could experiment to find out, but maybe someone already knows.)  Thx.
    • By go3black
      Okay, so I just bought the City of Tomorrow, the Airships Set, and the Amusement Park Set. I know, a little bit late, but I have recently got back into playing this game and wanted something a little bit different to try. The Towers seem to be a challenge, but I love it. However, every city that I play since doing the upgrades, I have depleted resources. At first, I thought it was because of the new "omega" resource, but since Omega requires those resources to produce, this just simply is not the case. Also, I have had to demolish all Trade Centers and Ports to add new storage to them. Every time I would add a new storage lot or delivery trucks, they would disappear as soon as I came off from pause mode. Is there a solution to this issue?

• By TPB
      This is intended for use in small detailing work for landscaping in small areas. 

Do NOT plant this like crazy with the brush tool. Unless you got a powerful machine. 

1440 Tris. 

1024x1024 texture. (Sorry it said 512 when I uploaded but it was incorrect.)

No dirt patch. 

Models by Nobiax, ported and modded by me. 

The good screenshot is by Jenkins.

Enjoy.

Ps. These models are really nice, it's a real privilege for me to be allowed to use these for the benefit of the community. The screenshots don't do it justice, try it for yourself.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Sloppy, but a nice shot of black humor. The plumbobs are excessive; of course, you probably didn't know what they were, seeing as you described them as 'flames,' but just a sprinkling of them on the corpses can make it look much better. Imagine being buried alive in that pile!
    •  Wish there weren't so many dependencies involved with this cool looking building. (I don't really understand the whole dependency thing, I don't trust them, especially when you have to download some of them from other websites, and there seems to be way too many of them, so I never downloaded anything that has to do with dependencies.)
    • @mattb325 had tracks bypassing it for freight. Once i cut the bypass and waited a few months people started using the station. Again awesome job. thank you I have a ton of your creations in my cities. 
    • @tommyc25: Depends on what Maxis blocker you use. Theoretically, if you use a blocker that keeps default Maxis industry from growing, you should get only downloaded lots to grow - IRM W2W or any other industrial BATs that you may have. For W2W residential, the easiest way is not to use a blocker, but to zone alternating 1x2 (or 1x3) strips of medium-density residential and high-density residential. This will get you a nice row of 1x2 (or 1x3) houses. Blocking all but W2W residential is possible, but you'll have to make such a blocker yourself, and it entails blocking pretty much anything that could grow on your zones dedicated for W2W - that can be a hell of a lot of work, depending on how much content you have downloaded.
    • @T Wrecks Is Maxis blockers compatible with this? What is your technique to get only W2W residential lots? Is there a way of blocking all but w2w residential lots?