• Moose

Colossal Mills Cereal Factory 1.1.0

(5.00)    (1 Review)

7 Screenshots

About This File

This is my first building for this game. Give your industrial area a boost with this factory/tourist attraction.

History:
Colossal Mills is the largest cereal factory in the region founded 50 years ago by Jack Methanial who discovered the rich fiber from his corn fields that drastically helped cure his constipation. He helped many others stay regular too. He was not only a farmer but a pastry chef. His sweetened crispy corn recipe became famous and that was the beginning of a very successful cereal company. He called it Chirpy Krisps which is the flagship product. He later added blue marshmallows made with a heavily guarded recipe. Chirpy Krisps is a big hit worldwide.

Recently the doors were open to the public so people can get a closer look at where their favorite cereal is made.
Upon entering the building, a raffle ticket is given along with an empty container to scoop warm Chirpy Krisp puffs that comes down a conveyer belt straight from the oven. It's great out the box but nothing beats the experience at the factory.
Inside there is a bar and restaurant with master chefs who make everything from a fancy bowl of cereal to entrees you would find in upscale steak houses. They also have some of the best cheesecakes in the region that come in many flavors including the cereal brands. One of the favorites is the Chirpy Shmores. It's a larger version of the corn puffs freshly hand made with the famous melted blue marshmallow between. This decadent treat brings tourists from near and far.
Inside is a gift shop too with souvenirs and cook books.

Winners of the raffle get a dozen of Krispy shmores and a voucher for a dozen boxes of their favorite cereals made at the factory. That's why there are prepared people walking in with suitcases. Other cereal brands include Fruity Shrooms, Strawberry Moo flakes and Chocobits.

STATS:
16x8 Level 2 Unique Building

Main Model- 6788 tris
Custom LOD- 410 tris

315 jobs.

This was going to be submitted for the Tempted contest but I didn't begin on time and I realized that I would not be able to put the detail I really wanted. So this building is dedicated to all the contestants and the Devs who sponsored it.

Steam Workshop Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=493135868

Rar file Installation: Extract into a folder then copy/paste into the game's asset folder. Enjoy.

What's New in Version 1.1.0

Released

Corrected the spelling of "cereal" on the front of the building. Also fixed some minor UV issues under the silo house roof.

Alex Martinez and Cyclone Boom like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

kman915

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great work! Best mod for the game, if I do say so myself... That pic with the Chirpy Krisps cereal on the table, is pure genius. 

Mr_Maison likes this

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RandyE
      Started a PUBLIC region April 20, 2017 for developing trade on the leaderboards
      Username: Randy22E
      Server: North America West 1
      Region Map: Titan Gorge
      Region Name: Trade Challenge
      All welcome to join. 
      Progress:  So far 1 city claimed, mining and drilling headquarters, trade port and engineering module acquired.
    • By CT14
      Welcome to the development thread for CT14 lots and BAT. Here's a quick list of current releases so you don't have to scroll through the thread to find them all:
      North American Freight Sidings
      Llama Terminal Company
      SABER LA River
      Troy Gasholder Building
      FAB Diagonal Industrials

Lowrider Props
      In-N-Out Lowrider Show
      North American Freight Sidings original first post:
      Inspired by the lack of existing lots representing protypical North American freight railroad sidings, I've created a system of lots that can be used to create eye-candy rail sidings. They are transit-enabled for appearance. I have been encouraged to share my progress in a dedicated thread by helpful feedback in the Show Us Your Railroads general thread, especially from SimCoug, T-Wrecks, raynev1. And the whole thing wouldn't exist without the Jestarr props.

Features:
      18 ploppable lots for different railcar types on double track rail Transit enabled connections to make the lots fit in seamlessly anywhere Three prop families to provide a variety from Jestarr's boxcars, intermodal and general merchandise freight ("Junkers") RRW compatibility Known issues:
      Transparent texture bug as described here http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/42425-transparent-texture-issue/ The lots need custom icons created and added, through Reader as described here: http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com/index.php?title=Tutorial:Inserting_a_custom_menu_icon_with_the_Ilive_Reader Future development ideas:
      Single Track Rail lots don't match exactly when using textures extracted from the RAM .dat, and I probably need permission to use them separately in any case. So, STR sidings may be a separate release at some point. Four-track lots would be prototypical for large yard trackage, but don't exist in RRW. Custom textures might allow some eye-candy four-track lots in future, this would resemble an updated subset of NCD. Dependencies:
      BSCMegaProps JES Vol01 (v1.0) - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=342 For RRW, you need the NAM with RRW enabled. Download:
      Please report bugs here. Thanks!
    • By Bipin
      Thank you for choosing Bipin's Industry Essentials pack! This download comes packed with four growable and ploppable warehouse and factory outbuildings, three smokestacks, a massive cooling tower, two utility buildings; one for power and one for water, as well as the essential transit-enabled lots for an HD, grungy road that may be plopped over the standard Maxis ones to give some old-time appeal! Furthermore, some filler items and extra props for the lotters out there are included.

This is my largest upload to date. Don't forget to check out the pictures to see what's in store. You can expect to see "Vol. 2 - The Rust Belt" soon. Also be sure to check out my thread to see what's coming up after this: 
      community.simtropolis.com/topic/46654-bats-by-bipin/?view=getlastpost

Required Dependency Links:

http://workingman-productions.co.uk/downloads/wmp_power_lots.html
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27701-paengs-gridbuster-warehouses-vol01/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26504-wmp-allotment-set/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26425-paengs-grunge-concrete-set/
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/28814-paengs-grunge-ind-alleys/

Optional Dependency Link:

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27200-light-replacement-mod-lrm-v40-mega-pack/

Psst... I hope you enjoy this little Festivus/Christmas present Simtropolis. I've been pretty ill recently, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from giving all you deserving members out there a gift!
    • By PaleoCardio
      Hi everyone
      I am having a problem with Paengs IND Alleys.
      I only get one single tile instead of 3 tiles (straight piece) and cannot connect tiles together as the notice shows the neighbour tile is already occupied (though it is blank). See pic. 
      I can separate the tiles, but cannot get them together to make a concurrent alley:

Does anyone know why this is the case or am I using them incorrectly? I have tried dragging road through, but they remain as road in between

Thanks for any help.
      PC
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Sloppy, but a nice shot of black humor. The plumbobs are excessive; of course, you probably didn't know what they were, seeing as you described them as 'flames,' but just a sprinkling of them on the corpses can make it look much better. Imagine being buried alive in that pile!
    •  Wish there weren't so many dependencies involved with this cool looking building. (I don't really understand the whole dependency thing, I don't trust them, especially when you have to download some of them from other websites, and there seems to be way too many of them, so I never downloaded anything that has to do with dependencies.)
    • @mattb325 had tracks bypassing it for freight. Once i cut the bypass and waited a few months people started using the station. Again awesome job. thank you I have a ton of your creations in my cities. 
    • @tommyc25: Depends on what Maxis blocker you use. Theoretically, if you use a blocker that keeps default Maxis industry from growing, you should get only downloaded lots to grow - IRM W2W or any other industrial BATs that you may have. For W2W residential, the easiest way is not to use a blocker, but to zone alternating 1x2 (or 1x3) strips of medium-density residential and high-density residential. This will get you a nice row of 1x2 (or 1x3) houses. Blocking all but W2W residential is possible, but you'll have to make such a blocker yourself, and it entails blocking pretty much anything that could grow on your zones dedicated for W2W - that can be a hell of a lot of work, depending on how much content you have downloaded.
    • @T Wrecks Is Maxis blockers compatible with this? What is your technique to get only W2W residential lots? Is there a way of blocking all but w2w residential lots?