• Moose

1 Screenshot

About This File

SPAM Irrigation Canals
By Becca (RebalynnTS)

SPAM Irrigation Canals are a set of irrigation canals designed for the SPAM.

The water texture of these canals is designed to match the PPond set but they will work well in any rural setting.

Core Lots:
Straight
End
End, with culvert
Turn
Turn, Wide (2x2)
Tee
Cross
Pedestrian Bridge
Floodgate
Reservoir
Waterfall (1x3)
Extender (1x2)

Culvert Lots:
Turn - Left
Turn - Left-Right
Turn - Right
Tee - Center
Tee - Center-Left
Tee - Center-Left-Right
Tee - Center-Right
Tee - Left
Tee - Left-Right
Tee - Right
Cross - All
Cross - Corner
Cross - Opposite
Cross - Single
Cross - Tee
End - Both

Utilities:
Waterpump (water)
Water Treatment (purification)
Water Wheel (power)

Developer Notes:
Unless noted otherwise all sections are sized 1x1.

They are very cheap to plop and to maintain. They don't consume power or water, create no garbage and have no impact on anything (demand, park- or landmark effects, mayor's rating) – they are perfectly neutral.

The 'Utilities' are functional and produce or purify water and generate power at reduced capacity and cost. These functional pieces have a very modest monthly cost.

The 'Waterfall' piece can be used to connect canals on terrain with different heights. Proper placement is the key for this lot, please follow the instructions given in the menu.

The Culvert pieces can be used to easily create street or road crossings.

The "Extender" can be used to run the canals under elevated networks

All sections should be plopped on flat terrain only.

The set has custom icons and is grouped together at or near the end of the 'Water' menu.

Dependencies:
None

Recommended:
SPOT (Simpeg Orientation Tool)

Credits:
BATs: Becca (RebaLynnTS)
Lotting and Images: Paeng
Awesome Ideas: Pegasus

Additional Screenies:

ditch35.jpg

ditch-teaser01.jpg

ditch29.jpg

Utilities8.jpg

raynev1, bobolee, draft3dd and 1 other like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

sunda

Obrigado por disponibilizar esse fantástico trabalho!

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Nice Set ^_^

Share this review

Link to review
ilikehotdogsalot

Good to see you buddy! Looks great :)

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By tariely
      ARE those wonderful vortextures working with SPAM, and if not, could they ?
    • By Shroomblaze
      Thank you to all the people who help make this game possible! Colossal Order, Paradox Interactive and all the Cities Skylines fans who made the community what it is today! I was going through a very dark time in my life and if it wasn't for this game I would probably still be in a hell hole of a life wishing I was dead. You gave me that faith in myself again and I'm eternally grateful! Bless your Lives with Love and Great Friendships! Nothing Is Impossible, for in that word you have "Im Possible". Start Living with Love and your Highest Dreams Now!

• By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
    • By kim026
      Hello simtropolians.
      I would like help from an engineering point of view, applied to SC4 obviously.
      I am working on a very big project that involves some radical thinking... I make full use of SC4 and Mods, lots of mods, to create the largest city of a country set in the fictional world of a book I'm writing.
      Thing is... Because I fell in love with natural growth style of play, I started the city as a tribal settlement... some 800 years before the nowadays milestone. I faced many challenges and many more awaits me. But one in particular I can't get my head around not even searching the internet. Can you help?
      Here's the question:
      How can (if at all) I raise the level of a big canal from sunken to say a 8-10 metre elevation so that it's not sunken anymore?
      Here's the picture:

Bita Canal starts from Branny Bay Reservoir, less than a km South, where the Vidupe Aqueduct finally ends and brings its water supply. The Reservoir water level is carefully controlled so that water flows nicely to various locations in the area, with the use of a canal system which is still under development. The water level of the Reservoir can be raised as water supply is still abundant and the first portion of the canal system is sunken (an engineering decision also to deal with flooding). 
      Local developers need Bita Canal to proceed North to Fadalipe Citadel to bring water to the masses, but excavating a sunken canal right inside a densely populated area is advised against. Another proposal is the development of a network of sewers, but public opinion votes for an open canal to stream fresh water, and we can build that sewage for the waste water. Frankly, the Council agress with public opinion and we would much rather prefer a nice tight canal with fresh water that streams right past people's homes so that in future they can take that pleasing stroll by the canal and socialize. 
      So. If possible, how can developers elevate Bita sunken canal?
      If you have the straight answer to this engineering question then please post a reply. I would definetely appreciate the help and participation.
      In case you don't but you have some other idea, please post a reply too. I like ideas. If I can't use them straight away I put them in a labeled drawer for later use.
      For now, Fadalipe developers will push for a simple sunken canal that ends in a reservoir close to the city, so people can have access to new fresh water, as supply was running low. 
      There is also a poll for you to vote for, if you fancy. (I saw some CJers use it and I thought it would be fun to try) I will consider the result and find the best possible engineering solution to accommodate it.
      Thank you in advance 
      Let me know if this is the wrong section to post this. If needed I can post it somewhere else.

(You can find the City Journal here:)
      The Peace and Recovery post does contain some photos of the aqueducts and their projects. Maybe it can help ignite ideas.
      Thank you!
    • By tariely
      Hi, @SimCoug. I'm trying your farmhouses but they don't seem to be compatible with SPAM (or it's me just fracking up as usual ). When I try them by themselves they grow OK (I suppose we have to plop fields and pastures around them -- that's fine with me the MMP fiend) ; they apparently also grow as just-houses right in the middle of a town -- hmm.... But when I try to arrange for one of the them, say the 5x5, to grow in an adequately cleared 5x5 space in a SPAM field, no cigar. Can you enlighten me ?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments