• Moose

M.U.L.E. (Mountain UtiLity Extension) 1.0.0

(5.00)    (2 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

M.U.L.E. (Mountain UtiLity Extension)

The M.U.P.P.E.T.’s (Mountain Utility Personnel Providers of Extended Technology) have been busy creating a new utility pack for our mountain and rural areas.They have come up with the following five utility lots:

*Waste to Energy Burn Pile
*Donkey Engine Power Generator
*Longdrop Composting Power Generator (toxic visual vapour)
*Longdrop Composting Power Generator (non-toxic)
*Moonshine Still Water Pump

The lots have varying smoke and ‘vapour’ effects depending on what the utility is actually producing. Naturally the most noxious of the four is the longdrop, and yes it does cause just a small amount of air pollution (10). The good news however is that while it produces the same power output as the donkey generator (500), its running costs are considerably less, after all… as long as the TP costs are covered… the rest is pretty much free.

The boys have also fired up the old donkey engine, and connected the flywheel to a generator.  I am not entirely sure if the set up is completely safety approved, but it does seem to work!    The boys seem to alternate between chopping wood and standing around yakking.

These utility lots have reduced stats and outputs, as they are not intended to power or water a whole tile… rather just a small isolated part of it. Of course if you want to stick one of these babies, in your ultra modern megatropolis, and call it an ‘art installation’ then of course you can!  All lots have transparent base textures to blend with whichever terrain mod is being used, and are slope tolerant.

Dependencies:
MTP Super Pack
SPAM Resource
The Terrain Kit (7n1)
NBVC Logging Set

Recommended:
PEG Refuse Relocation Kit

Additional Screenies:

mule_2.JPG

mule_4.JPG

mule_6.JPG

mule_7.JPG

mule_3.JPG

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See Changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

rsc204, Kayo, CorinaMarie and 3 others like this

User Feedback

Utterly indispensable, I've been testing these prior to release, I just couldn't stop using them as they are so darn useful. Download these now if you make rural scenes, I simply can't recommend them enough :)

Craig-Abcvs likes this

Share this comment

Utterly indispensable, I've been testing these prior to release, I just couldn't stop using them as they are so darn useful. Download these now if you make rural scenes, I simply can't recommend them enough :)

Um...  please re-download and delete the beta files...  I discovered the beta version power lots were mistakenly modded as nukes, and tended to spew radiation when they exploded at the end of their lives...  :O

That has now been fixed. :yes:

Edited by Craig-Abcvs
SimCoug likes this

Share this comment

Um...  please re-download and delete the beta files...  I discovered the beta version power lots were mistakenly modded as nukes, and tended to spew radiation when they exploded at the end of their lives...  :O

Shhh - I thought we were keeping that a secret ;) - Actually I already modded them on my end *whistles*

Craig-Abcvs likes this

Share this comment

Shhh - I thought we were keeping that a secret ;) - Actually I already modded them on my end *whistles*

Ooooooh....duh...  rsc...  :: penny drop ::  *clunk*

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By tariely
      ARE those wonderful vortextures working with SPAM, and if not, could they ?
    • By Shroomblaze
      Thank you to all the people who help make this game possible! Colossal Order, Paradox Interactive and all the Cities Skylines fans who made the community what it is today! I was going through a very dark time in my life and if it wasn't for this game I would probably still be in a hell hole of a life wishing I was dead. You gave me that faith in myself again and I'm eternally grateful! Bless your Lives with Love and Great Friendships! Nothing Is Impossible, for in that word you have "Im Possible". Start Living with Love and your Highest Dreams Now!

• By paeng
      A set of turbulences for your rivers and streams.

You'll find narrow and wide pieces, both in straight and diagonal versions. They all sit on a 1x1 transparent lot and can be combined with PEG-PPond (Tahoe), PEG-Pond and PEG-Stream or ploppable waters by other creators as well.

LIST OF ITEMS
      Narrow Short Straight Narrow Long Straight Narrow Short Diagonal Narrow Long Diagonal Wide Short Straight Wide Long Straight Wide Short Diagonal Wide Long Diagonal
      Each piece comes in 2 variations that plop at random (16 models all in all).

DEPENDENCIES

~ none ~

Recommended to use with Free Waters Mod.

DEVELOPER NOTES

The turbulences are batted props (instead of the textures used in Vol 01), so there are less straight edges and a bit of overlap onto the next tile.
      You can combine them with any ploppable water and to some extent also with Pond and Stream pieces, mainly the straight items.
      Some of the pieces are also suitable to make transitions between the various available waters - just be creative and find the right combinations.
      There are no other props on these lots - so you have complete freedom to dress them with any Major Mode Flora that suits your theme.

The Turbulences and Transitions Volume 01 (texture based) is available to download here.

CREDITS

Concept & Design: Murimk & Paeng
      Batting: Murimk
      Lotting & Modding: Paeng

SUPPORT

Should you need support for these items please visit the
      PLEX on the STEX - Community Support

Productions Forum Thread (no longer available)

Enjoy!
    • By tariely
      Hi, @SimCoug. I'm trying your farmhouses but they don't seem to be compatible with SPAM (or it's me just fracking up as usual ). When I try them by themselves they grow OK (I suppose we have to plop fields and pastures around them -- that's fine with me the MMP fiend) ; they apparently also grow as just-houses right in the middle of a town -- hmm.... But when I try to arrange for one of the them, say the 5x5, to grow in an adequately cleared 5x5 space in a SPAM field, no cigar. Can you enlighten me ?
    • By huzman
      Do ALL trees -Maxis and 3rd. parties- really influence pollution ?
      I started a new city for this purpose. So I built an electricity factory in one corner, some distance away laid several industry zones, some more distance away i put some commercial zones, and still further away and build the residential zones. There a tile free from the zones and the road along one and/or two sides of the zones.
      Then I peppered those empty zones everywhere with ALL kind of trees. Then I ran SC4 and let it run for almost three years. Then I checked the pollutions levels and I didn't notice much change. Ergo, my first line.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Hi there, quick question.  I just downloaded this stadium but it doesn't seem to work.  I am missing the "a" and "b" files.  The main download here only includes the texture and lot files.  The one drive only has the invisible "KS" file.  Let me know if you can help.   Thanks.
    • @thirstydeer - welcome to the world of custom content There are 4 tilesets in the game (the game has to be either "SC4 Deluxe" or "SC4" + "Rush Hour" expansion pack, the very basic game won't allow custom content to be used) which you can use to control what types of buildings are grown. The four tilesets are: Houston/New York/Chicago and Euro. If you don't change these settings, as a default, all tilesets are on, and the game builds from one tileset only every 5 game years. By selecting only the Euro tileset, you will give these buildings the greatest chance to grow . There is a little bit of further discussion here: Additionally, to get a 6x6 zone easily in the game, press and hold the CTRL key while zoning the commercial zone to count out a square 6 tiles each side.
    • What exactly do you mean by this: "These are all offered as growable 6x6, stage 1, medium wealth, Commercial Services on the EURO Tileset only."  I'm a pretty basic user of the game and am just starting to dabble with the myriad of custom content available on this site so I want to make sure it'll work for me before I download it.  It truly looks great!
    • If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.