• Moose

M.U.L.E. (Mountain UtiLity Extension) 1.0.0

(5.00)    (2 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

M.U.L.E. (Mountain UtiLity Extension)

The M.U.P.P.E.T.’s (Mountain Utility Personnel Providers of Extended Technology) have been busy creating a new utility pack for our mountain and rural areas.They have come up with the following five utility lots:

*Waste to Energy Burn Pile
*Donkey Engine Power Generator
*Longdrop Composting Power Generator (toxic visual vapour)
*Longdrop Composting Power Generator (non-toxic)
*Moonshine Still Water Pump

The lots have varying smoke and ‘vapour’ effects depending on what the utility is actually producing. Naturally the most noxious of the four is the longdrop, and yes it does cause just a small amount of air pollution (10). The good news however is that while it produces the same power output as the donkey generator (500), its running costs are considerably less, after all… as long as the TP costs are covered… the rest is pretty much free.

The boys have also fired up the old donkey engine, and connected the flywheel to a generator.  I am not entirely sure if the set up is completely safety approved, but it does seem to work!    The boys seem to alternate between chopping wood and standing around yakking.

These utility lots have reduced stats and outputs, as they are not intended to power or water a whole tile… rather just a small isolated part of it. Of course if you want to stick one of these babies, in your ultra modern megatropolis, and call it an ‘art installation’ then of course you can!  All lots have transparent base textures to blend with whichever terrain mod is being used, and are slope tolerant.

Dependencies:
MTP Super Pack
SPAM Resource
The Terrain Kit (7n1)
NBVC Logging Set

Recommended:
PEG Refuse Relocation Kit

Additional Screenies:

mule_2.JPG

mule_4.JPG

mule_6.JPG

mule_7.JPG

mule_3.JPG

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See Changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

nos.17, Kayo, bobolee and 3 others like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BIWDC

Nicely Done Set ^_^

Share this review

Link to review
rsc204

Indispensable for Rural players, a great idea that adds a ton of flexibility, thanks for your work on these Craig.

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By SimCoug
      Description:
      I came across a discussion in the forums a little while back of somebody asking about a well lot to use as a water source.  Well (pun intended), I got to thinking, that might be really useful... I know I could certainly use something like that.  So here you are - two simple ground well lots that have the exact same properties as the Maxis water tower.  One of the lots includes a base texture and has more of a rural look.  The other is simply the well with no base texture or props... you can add MMPs to give it whatever look you desire.  Feel free to use one or the other (or both)... 

Dependencies:
      None!  (I can't believe I just wrote that)

Installation:
      Simply unzip the file and put the entire 'SimCougs Little Well' folder in your plugins.  If you wish to use only one of the lots, simply delete the one you don't need.  

Developer notes: 
      This was really a one-off, simple lot... everything is Maxis based.  I created it in a couple hours (including testing).  If you run into any strangeness, please leave me a comment here.     

Support:
      For questions regarding this set, please feel free to visit my Lot Development Thread (SimCoug's Lot Den).

Special Thanks:
      Maxis, you darn sonuvagun... great looking props!
    • By 911Diva
      OK, I realize I am new to the  snow mod, but I installed  Peg's mods for a few different ski, trail, clinic, fire buildings.  And now when I opened the game back up, all my regions were covered with snow.  It was August on the date counter.  Is this right???
    • By thingfishs
      Hi,
      I'm aware of the regular water and beach mods out there, aided in no small part by CorinaMarie's fantastic guides: here, but when it comes to the "inshore" stretch of water (as it's defined by Rivit in his beach mod), I don't really know how to search for available options (what do you search for??). I mostly use the green inshore option from Rivit's pack:

which I love, but when a situation calls for something a little different (beyond the options in Rivit's pack), I don't really know where to look...
      Can anyone point me in the direction of some alternatives?
      Cheers,
      Ryan.
    • By ReshiramLover
      When dealing with a grayscale image, 8-bit,. what is the darkest RGB value that is still buildable land and what is the lightest water value? Like if I wanted to create a flat region with some water.

Various websites give all kinds of values for these, no two websites tell the same values, but none are correct. They end up being all land or all water despite that these websites claim that RGB value x is water and RGB value y is land.

For example one websites says RGB value for land is 88 and water 85 meaning that all three RGB values are 88 and water 85. but when I load an image to both Terraformer and SimCity 4 itself (ctrl alt shift r), it ends up being all water. This website was incorrect.
      Another website claims that the values are 83 for water and 84 for land but that is still all water in both the game itself and terraformer.

I don't have any height mod or anything, so I don't know why that the values of these websites are not generating terrain like claimed.

There has to be a different value that is correct for land and water, but I seem to cannot figure it out. These websites seem to be incorrect.

What are the RGB values I need to use for land and water for creating maps? Thanks
    • By Dollar Tower$
      This is the original landmark pack for SimCity 3000. Since you can't download it from the official site anymore I decided to upload it here on Simtropolis.

Installation:
      Go to your SimCity 3000 folder then go to "Apps" then place your unpacked folder in the directory.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• By madhatter106 · Posted
      Textures and detail work on this, particularly the rooftop patio and pool areas, are really great, and give this BAT lots of life.
      Apartment buildings have long been on my list to tackle BATting, just to add to the variety and compete with all the repetitive Maxis stuff.  With contributions like this, though, I feel like it wouldn't be worth my time, because mattb325 has them covered and done so very, very, very well.  Always a joy to see stuff like this on the STEX.
      A great addition to custom content.  Still goin' strong after all these years, mattb325 continues to amaze me.
    • By PatrickGestner · Posted
      Definitely not the Minocqua, Wisconsin I've known through my life, but nice map anyhow. I do the same with cities if I can't think of a name, I just use something I know.
    • By markussaage · Posted
      Nice BAT, would give 5/5, but attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should! Needs to be corrected by hand!
  • Recent STEX Comments

• The front of it is pretty much identical to "Cooley Law Stadium" (what Oldsmobile/Lugnuts Stadium is called these days) in Lansing, MI
    • Attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should!
    • I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...
    • I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.