About This File
Do you want to put your city at the forefront of astronomical research and make it a destination for space enthusiasts everywhere? Than build the Sagan-Tyson Center for Space, and citizens will come from all around to bask in the wonders of the cosmos!
The Sagan-Tyson Center for Space boasts an impressive collection of labs and offices for your city's brightest astronomers and astrophysicists, a rooftop observatory with a small-diameter telescope, a spacious planetarium with the latest in projection technology, several great exhibits on the history and future of space exploration and the nature of the cosmos, and a full-size mock-up of a Saturn V rocket from NASA's Apollo program.
- Found under Unique Buildings, Level 5.
- 14x10 lot.
- The custom model is 13,949 triangles.
- Includes diffuse, specular, alpha, illumination, and normal textures at 2048x2048.
- Includes custom LOD with custom textures. The LOD is 854 tris, with 256x256 textures.
- Costs $30,000 in-game.
- Has 4 entrances and several hangout areas.
- Towering above the city at 110.6 meters (363 feet), the Saturn V rocket is 1:1 scale, and gives an idea of just how big these rockets were.
- This is a fictional building, with some elements inspired by real buildings, mainly the rooftop observatory, based on the Doane Observatory at Chicago's Adler Planetarium, and the planetarium, based on the American Museum of Natural History's Hayden Planetarium.
Download the desired file. Extract the .CRP file/s from the ZIP archive you downloaded. Place the .CRP file in:
Please let me know if there are any issues, or if you have any ideas or designs for other buildings you'd be interested in seeing made!
Thanks for downloading, and enjoy!