• Moose

13 Screenshots

About This File

Do you want to put your city at the forefront of astronomical research and make it a destination for space enthusiasts everywhere? Than build the Sagan-Tyson Center for Space, and citizens will come from all around to bask in the wonders of the cosmos!

The Sagan-Tyson Center for Space boasts an impressive collection of labs and offices for your city's brightest astronomers and astrophysicists, a rooftop observatory with a small-diameter telescope, a spacious planetarium with the latest in projection technology, several great exhibits on the history and future of space exploration and the nature of the cosmos, and a full-size mock-up of a Saturn V rocket from NASA's Apollo program.

The basics:

• Found under Unique Buildings, Level 5.
  • 14x10 lot.
  • The custom model is 13,949 triangles.
  • Includes diffuse, specular, alpha, illumination, and normal textures at 2048x2048.
  • Includes custom LOD with custom textures. The LOD is 854 tris, with 256x256 textures.
  • Costs $30,000 in-game.
  • Has 4 entrances and several hangout areas.
  • Towering above the city at 110.6 meters (363 feet), the Saturn V rocket is 1:1 scale, and gives an idea of just how big these rockets were.
  • This is a fictional building, with some elements inspired by real buildings, mainly the rooftop observatory, based on the Doane Observatory at Chicago's Adler Planetarium, and the planetarium, based on the American Museum of Natural History's Hayden Planetarium.

Installation:

Download the desired file. Extract the .CRP file/s from the ZIP archive you downloaded. Place the .CRP file in:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Addons\Assets

Please let me know if there are any issues, or if you have any ideas or designs for other buildings you'd be interested in seeing made!

Thanks for downloading, and enjoy!

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

sunda

Thank you very much! Muito obrigado por explicar como se instala o arquivo.

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By TransitAuthority
      Welcome! This topic is meant to be a sort of database for my upcoming and future projects, and a place to discuss them. 
      RULES:
      No Profanity Be Respectful to All Keep Posts Relevant to the Topic  

• By RobertLM78
      This was made by 'and, so it's called Andia.  Lots of flat place for building, which is nice if you use roadtop mass transit of any sort.   Features both coasts and mountains.
      A greyscale image, region.ini, and config file are included.  Use the config, or make your own to suit. 
      To install press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R, browse to and select the greyscale image,  then go do some chores while the game renders the map. 
    • By tcx
      UPDATED: Changed Budget Item Costand Bulldoze cost, ignore the readme file for those stats.

LBT TX Museo Virreinal is a latinamerican-colonial style museum for your cities.
      Most cities in Mexico and the rest of Latinamerica has this type of museums that shows art collections from colonial times.

LOT SIZE: 5 x 5
      BUILDING STYLE: MUSEUM
      COST TO PLOP: 11,450
      BULLDOZE COST: 6,000
      BUDGET ITEM COST: 1,500

DEPENDANCIES:
    • By Jasoncw
      Motown Records was founded by Berry Gordy, Jr. in 1959 in Detroit, Michigan. Gordy purchased 2648 West Grand Boulevard, where he boldly hung a sign “Hitsville U.S.A.” over the front door. Motown would be headquartered there for the next decade, absorbing adjoining buildings on both sides of the street, transforming it into a hits factory. Hitsville U.S.A. and an attached house were converted into the Motown Museum in 1985.
      With the slogan "The Sound of Young America", Motown Records was a powerful force of racial integration in the 1960s, making pop-infused R&B that was accessible to young people of all races. Kids jumped police-guarded barriers segregating concerts, venues which previously banned black artists began allowing them, and the Motown Sound permeated through all of American culture.
      This BAT is uploaded in celebration of Black History Month.
      2x3 museum lot.
        MaxisNite and DarkNite night versions included. DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd.
        Requires mipro essentials February 2014 or newer.
      Installation Instructions:
      Download either the DarkNite (DN) or MaxisNite (MN) version. If you're unsure, choose the MN version. Unzip the .zip and move its contents to Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins. mipro Forum Thread
      mipro STEX Uploads

• By Jasoncw
      The Scarab Club is an artists' club, gallery, and studio, formed in 1907. In 1928 the current club house was built in Detroit's cultural center. The building features Pewabic Pottery, and a 1976 sculpture titled "Pheonix" installed on the western wall. Artists such as Diego Rivera, Marcel Duchamp, and Norman Rockwell have signed the lounge's ceiling beams, along with other visiting artists.

1x2 museum lot. Museum stats slightly less than the standard Maxis museum. MaxisNite and DarkNite night versions. DarkNite requires the Day and Nite Modd. Installation Instructions:
      Download either the DarkNite (DN) or MaxisNite (MN) version. If you're unsure, choose the MN version. Unzip the .zip and move its contents to Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins. Click here to learn about new projects in the works by the Barry Sanders Project
      Click here to learn about new projects in the works by Jasoncw
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.