• Moose

19 Screenshots

About This File

Raven Bay is the last map in a series of five that I set out to do for Cities Skylines. This is a European themed map. It has a rather large, open flat area for building a gigantic, sprawling city. It has plenty of resources with oil being the exception due to it's hideous color. 

Set amidst a small mountain range this coastal map has vibrant farmland, one large flowing river, a fully laid out highway system with interchanges and a full rail system. I wanted to create the vibe of a large interconnected European Costal city. 

For those new to the game. There are several areas that have highway off ramps acting as roads. These are just placeholders to show where the roads can go. You can choose to upgrade them where they are to any other type of road or just bulldoze and make your own. 

(Note) Upgrading to the largest wide avenues might affect some treelines. They were drawn in using the highway width as a guidelines so most roads shouldn't affect the trees. 

To install the map:

1. Download the zip file.

2. Unzip the contents to the folder: AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Maps   

3. Play!

This Color Correction http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417935657 is used in a few screenshots. 
The Moving Sun mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420230361 was also used on some screenshots 
I also recommend http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403798635 for unlocking 25 tiles. You can play without it but you'll miss out on quite a bit of the map.

All of my maps are hand crafted with loving care and designed with the city builder in mind. 

Let me know if you spot any issues and I would love to see any cities made on this map so shoot me a link or leave it in comments. Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.3   See Changelog

Released

• Updated for compatability issues with the After Dark update.
    Regraded all land mass to solve random house flooding bugs. 

_wickedone_ likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Putin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Köld

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
007dust

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Infrastructurist
      Hi. 
      Since i have two steam accounts i decided to start working on a realistic European city with stark contrasts to Kendrick (my US inspired series). I will of course cover many of the differences between US and EU cities as far as urban planning, infrastructure etc etc. But also follow a different narrative this time around; one of success, wealth, constant demand & development.
      In our first episode we start out small, building a central train station, the surrounding neighbourhood, and some basic initial infrastructure by rail and highway to get the city going. 

Hope you enjoy!

• By crownsteler
      So a few years ago I had a go at bating. Unfortunately due to computer issues I never got around to finishing any of them, and long since lost the files. A bit of a shame really; I was nearly done modeling these two sets of buildings, all they really needed were nightlites and some desaturating of the textures. Oh well. 
      Last weekend, for some odd reason, I decided to reinstall SimCity 4 and play it. But, after downloading a ton of new content, I found I still couldn't make the cities I wanted (mostly modern urban Dutch). The first thing that bothered me was the lack of varied in utilities, specifically pumping stations. So I looked up some modern pumping stations here in the Netherlands, and, the idiot that I am, downloaded gmax to see if I could make something of it:
      The first one I had a go at was a largish sewage pumping station:

Unfortunately this is the material it is made out of, and I am not quite sure how to texture this. I have half a mind of simply modelling the panels instead of texturing it.
      In the mean time I decided to model another pumping station, a small drainage pump this time:

It has the same issue with texturing, so oh well.
      While looking through pumping stations here in the Netherlands, I came across this little thingy and decided it also really needed modelling (for a change it is an actual ground water pumping station!):

It is actually coming along quite nicely. I just need to finish the doors, add the rain gutter and some roof junk. I possibly need to figure out how to model a few pumps to fill the large frontal roof if the windows are going to be transparant (ugh...)
      At the same time I was really annoyed by the power utilities in the game. So yeah...
      I came across this funky little substation, and since it takes no effort to model had a go at it:

Not sure if there is interest in this sort of thing though.
      I also created this substation (could also work as an industrial lot). I want to make it a wall to wall lot, but, as the roof is overhanging to the sides, I don't know how to go about it.

And, if I ever feel confident enough to do so, I'd love to have a go at this power plant. The turbine halls are simple enough, but the chimney seems daunting.

Anyway; thoughts and suggestions? Compliments or hate is also welcome. Oh, and IrfanView apparently does not like transparency. I hope you can ignore the black outlines on the images, they are not supposed to be there.
    • By fujikazu
      I just recently started playing again for the updates since After Dark and wanted to update a previous interchange asset going by the same name that I made. Which, this whole time was missing 2 connections but I never noticed. It's easy enough to fix the other one yourself if you prefer the cheaper and slightly smaller 3-lane version but this 4-lane version should have all highways connected to the others allowing travel from one highway to the other 3.

All ramps are two-lane one-way highways for higher speeds and all road pieces have sound barriers(also easy enough to change to the non-barrier version yourself if you prefer).

I have included a picture with arrows showing the connections(forward, left, right, U-turn) just in case anyone wanted to make sure. 

If you get a slope too steep error it's probably because of the turning ramps. Either get a mod or edit it yourself in the editor if you feel it happens too often.

• By PUGG3RS Gaming
      In this Video we recreate one the hardest intersection to date, the high capacity interchange - The Pinavia.
      With more then 7 hours work behind the construction and detailing this is by far my greatest achievement in terms of interchanges! I hope you enjoy! 
    • By charlesnew
      Hey guys. Welcome to my city of Rodenburgh. I've already made quite a lot of the city, mostly just the downtown, but there is still a long way to go, so I'm gonna share it here. 
      This is the map. I'm planing to work on the whole map, not just the city and not leave any areas unfinished and bare with at least some forests. Hopefully I won't end up reaching any limits! The map is called Lönnebay Universal on the Workshop.

This is the main part of the city with the downtown and the port. Rodenburgh is a big port city, which explains the large plan for a port on the right. Idea is that big ships send in freight to the port which is then transferred to smaller ships and sent up the nearby rivers to other cities.

For this entry, we are looking at this part of Rodenburgh's old town:

This half has the historic cathedral in the center. The city museum is in the bottom left corner.

Some guy doing a performance in the plaza:

Opposite the cathedral is a little restaurant area:

Some maintenance:

This is the other half of the area we are covering today. This is the shopping and restaurant district, and you can see the big pedestrian street in the bottom middle of the screen, as well as a plaza to the right of it.

Some restaurants and a tiny market in the plaza. You can just see some people queuing for the food carts in the bottom right. I might revamp this area to become a huge farmer's market, but we'll see.

This is the pedestrian shopping street.

It's hard to see but I put some shop signs and logos on the buildings to give it that shopping feel.

Anyway that's it for now. I'll be showing off other parts of the city over the next few weeks. Hope you guys like it!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments