• Moose

19 Screenshots

About This File

Raven Bay is the last map in a series of five that I set out to do for Cities Skylines. This is a European themed map. It has a rather large, open flat area for building a gigantic, sprawling city. It has plenty of resources with oil being the exception due to it's hideous color. 

Set amidst a small mountain range this coastal map has vibrant farmland, one large flowing river, a fully laid out highway system with interchanges and a full rail system. I wanted to create the vibe of a large interconnected European Costal city. 

For those new to the game. There are several areas that have highway off ramps acting as roads. These are just placeholders to show where the roads can go. You can choose to upgrade them where they are to any other type of road or just bulldoze and make your own. 

(Note) Upgrading to the largest wide avenues might affect some treelines. They were drawn in using the highway width as a guidelines so most roads shouldn't affect the trees. 

To install the map:

1. Download the zip file.

2. Unzip the contents to the folder: AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Maps   

3. Play!

This Color Correction http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417935657 is used in a few screenshots. 
The Moving Sun mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420230361 was also used on some screenshots 
I also recommend http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403798635 for unlocking 25 tiles. You can play without it but you'll miss out on quite a bit of the map.

All of my maps are hand crafted with loving care and designed with the city builder in mind. 

Let me know if you spot any issues and I would love to see any cities made on this map so shoot me a link or leave it in comments. Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.3   See Changelog

Released

• Updated for compatability issues with the After Dark update.
    Regraded all land mass to solve random house flooding bugs. 

_wickedone_ likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Putin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Köld

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
007dust

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By TSM.E3
      Any good European rural/mid-rise BATs that you guys can suggest? having a hard time finding BATs, all i see are towering buildings which i am not a fan of.
    • By mattb325
      Modern Sound Barriers, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      A set of nine sound barrier lots to grace your ground-level highways, heavy rail (etc): really, these can be placed anywhere you think noise from adjacent transport lots might be an issue for your long-suffering sims.
      While there are other noise barrier lots out there, I found that some were simply too big, some were too grungy, some didn't have diagonal options and there was a distinct lack of modern-looking barriers, so I made some to suit my own taste.
      These sound barriers are a modern concrete, steel and glass option.
      The lots have Orthogonal, Diagonal, Orthogonal to Diagonal and Left and Right Overhanging options.
      The Ortho->Diag options can be a bit fiddly to place, but you'll soon get the hang of it and to that end each lot has a custom icon to try and make the job a little easier (the standard ortho and diagonals simply have a grey line icon, while the more complex ones have a little picture as well). As a general rule, you should aim to place these lots with the curved glass top facing towards the noise (this has a cupping effect to dampen the noise beyond the wall).
      They are found in the parks menu - about half way down. Now, depending on your plugins folder they may not be sequential (i.e. other park lots might appear in between) but they will be very closely positioned to each other in the menu.
      As I made these for myself and designed them to be high-end, nice looking sound walls, they do have a park effect (and associated monthly cost), so if you are trying to keep your city looking grungy, don't use these.
      While some of you may think that this is very un-realistic, please be mindful that you would only see these sorts of walls bordering nicer residential/commercial/industrial areas in real life, so these lots are designed to stimulate medium to high wealth growth rather than simply being neutral...unfortunately this is the way the game works and to my mind, when modding something with an in-built desirability, it should come with an associated cost.
      All the lots have been made transparent (and do not suffer the water bug) so that they will blend in with your terrain.

STATS:
      Lot size :                1x1 - 1x2
      Plop Cost:              §40
      Occupant Groups: Medium Wealth Park; Civic
      Park Effect:            +15 over 15 tiles
      Landmark Effect:  +20 over 10 tiles
      Pollution:                 Air (-)2 over 2 tiles, Water 1 over 1 tiles, Garbage 0 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  0 MwH
      Water consumed:  5 Gallons/Month
      Monthly Cost:         §5
      Bulldoze Cost:        §10
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

I've never seen a highway wall self illuminate, so there is only one model file: the day version.

DEPENDENCIES:
      This file does not require external dependencies.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!
    • By Arnold J. Rimmer

Hello everbody,

Project started: 08.04.2017
      Project ended: (estimate: 1 year)

Mod list: in progress
      Asset list: in progress

//Dont have experience with video making, dont have any program yet. Also my style is different to others. Once I finish some part, sometimes I destroy whole area and start with better sense. If anyone can help me with some newbie tricks to video making, I much appreciate!!//
      Few days ago, after I reached 1600 played hrs in this game I decided make something, whats close to me (i think its bad sentence, still best what i can do :X). 
      I was thinking how decrease workshop items, especially buildings. I wanted massively use vanilla european buildings, so there wasnt much to think about.
      Plan: (every Sunday I am updating stuff)
      My plan isnt build Prague in 1:1. Anyway it is impossible yet. But I want build some well-known places at its own positions to create similar shape of city. In final phase I want have over 250k people at maximum! I am big detailer, so building blocks/districts take much time for me (I am too thinking about every prop I place)

Currently stage: Placing rails

First step:
      is create river Vltava.
      Shipping canal Podbaba (you can see on screen below)
      Change terrain heights to right ones, build around coasts.
      Create rail system (its is huge, huge system which I am looking forward!)
      Find the way how to build Prague Castle.
      Prague - few interesting facts:
      Prague Castle is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest castle in the world (70 000 m² is equivalent to 17,297 acre or 0,027 mile²)
      Charles Square is one of the largest squares in the world and was the largest town square of the medieval Europe. It used to be called "The Big Marketplace" (Tržiště velké) or „Cattle Market" (Dobytčí trh)
      The most famous square is certainly the Wenceslas Square, formerly known as Horse Market (Koňský trh). It was renamed Saint Wenceslas square (Svatováclavské náměstí) in 1848 on the proposal of Karel Havlíček Borovský.
      The Prague pneumatic post is the world's last preserved municipal pneumatic post system It is an underground system of metal tubes under the wider centre of Prague, totaling about 55 kilometres in length. It crosses the river Vltava three times.
      You can visit the Astronomical Clock not only in Prague but even thousand miles away - in Seoul. The replica was built in a popular district Hongda and works as a restaurant and exhibition centre.
      Prague Subway (metro) comprises three lines, serving 57 stations, and consists of a transit network 59,3 km (= 35.7 mi.) long. The shortest distance is between Hlavní nádraží (Main Train Station) and Muzeum (425 m = 0,26 mi.), the longest distance is between Nádraží Holešovice (Holešovice Train Station) and Kobylisy (2748 m = 1708 mi.)
      Vršovice is a less well-known district of Prague but in the last century there was one of the world largest amusement park - the Eden Pleasure Gardens with roller coaster, helter-skelter or just boating. Now Tesco and the Slavia football stadium stand here. (Slavia Praha is my most favourite football team)
      And finally some first tastings:

• By ReshiramLover
      Region maps of the male and female gender symbols.
      The symbol itself is the water, while the rest in flat land.
      Perfect for city names named after males and females you may know, male or female game character city names, or any other masculine or feminine city names.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments