• Moose

19 Screenshots

About This File

Raven Bay is the last map in a series of five that I set out to do for Cities Skylines. This is a European themed map. It has a rather large, open flat area for building a gigantic, sprawling city. It has plenty of resources with oil being the exception due to it's hideous color. 

Set amidst a small mountain range this coastal map has vibrant farmland, one large flowing river, a fully laid out highway system with interchanges and a full rail system. I wanted to create the vibe of a large interconnected European Costal city. 

For those new to the game. There are several areas that have highway off ramps acting as roads. These are just placeholders to show where the roads can go. You can choose to upgrade them where they are to any other type of road or just bulldoze and make your own. 

(Note) Upgrading to the largest wide avenues might affect some treelines. They were drawn in using the highway width as a guidelines so most roads shouldn't affect the trees. 

To install the map:

1. Download the zip file.

2. Unzip the contents to the folder: AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Maps   

3. Play!

This Color Correction http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417935657 is used in a few screenshots. 
The Moving Sun mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420230361 was also used on some screenshots 
I also recommend http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403798635 for unlocking 25 tiles. You can play without it but you'll miss out on quite a bit of the map.

All of my maps are hand crafted with loving care and designed with the city builder in mind. 

Let me know if you spot any issues and I would love to see any cities made on this map so shoot me a link or leave it in comments. Enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.3   See Changelog

Released

• Updated for compatability issues with the After Dark update.
    Regraded all land mass to solve random house flooding bugs. 

1 person likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Big Z

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Putin

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Köld

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Mr_Maison

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
007dust

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RobertLM78
      This was made by 'and, so it's called Andia.  Lots of flat place for building, which is nice if you use roadtop mass transit of any sort.   Features both coasts and mountains.
      A greyscale image, region.ini, and config file are included.  Use the config, or make your own to suit. 
      To install press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+R, browse to and select the greyscale image,  then go do some chores while the game renders the map. 
    • By Stellaris88

How do i solve traffic Problems in cities skylines? Such as massive traffic jams on the higwhay exit?
    • By SigmaSeven
      Hey everyone!

Just wondering what all people like to see in their favorite maps.
    • By MisterBlueStar4
      I came across some highway signs by Spencer and it seems that it has very few downloads and I would like to promote this guy.NOTICE:I'm not trying to boost my popularity by doing this
      http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881030413&searchtext=Highway

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• The old puzzle pieces are actually still there, albeit the puzzle-based height transitions have been under a separate option (unchecked by default) since NAM 33 (Additional Features and Customizations > Real Highway Options (click the "+" to expand) > Legacy Deprecated Height Transitions).  There will always be some way to access them for those who absolutely have to have them, but we are focusing on draggable and FLEX items from here on out, and there are no plans to add any new features in conventional puzzle piece form.  The reason we started making the old puzzle pieces harder to reach is because ready access to both the old and new systems created substantial user confusion in the NAM 31/32 era. The main reason we no longer see conventional puzzle pieces as viable for future development is because we began to get a lot of combination complaint/requests awhile back.  People thought there were too many puzzle pieces to navigate, but at the same time, they had a pretty substantial wishlist of things they wanted to see added to the NAM.  Unless we found an alternate solution, that meant even more puzzle pieces, which was the exact opposite of what was desired.  FLEX pieces--which are plopped like puzzle pieces, but can be overridden by multiple networks (similar to the FLEXFly system, first added to NAM 28/RHW 4.0 in 2010)--ended up being the solution that allowed us to add features while reducing puzzle proliferation.  Each FLEX item has a "base" configuration, but plugging another override network into one of the ends of a FLEX item can transform it to match that override network (see my early demo on the height transitions here).  The result of that with the height transitions is that we've been able to use just 4 FLEX pieces to cover the same functionality that would require somewhere around 60 conventional puzzle pieces.  In the near future, it's also going to allow us to finally offer full plop interchanges for the RHW. -Tarkus
    • I'll collect all this stuff and follow your instructions and edit this comment if any problems.
    • Mexico D.F.! Wow, you always have another surprise up your sleeve. I love how you cover so many different cities, world regions, and architectural styles. I would not have expected this brutalist piece after all the recent steel and glass skyscrapers. Once again, the building looks wonderful, and I'm sure we will soon see it pop up in CJs. Just like Edvarz, I wish you left the BATted ground out. Just the roof and the planters in this case, but not the pavement. This way we could use different lot configurations, adapt the lot flexibly with texture mods, put the building on differently sized lots... it would allow for so much more flexibility, and you'd have one less thing to worry about. Thank you for all the 3dsmax goodness you bring to the STEX!