• Moose

visual
Tree Replacer (Compatible with 1.1) 1.1-Beta

(5.00)    (3 Reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

Workshop Link

(Subscribe to the Workshop item for automatic updates)

Make sure to post screenshots of your cities with the mod enabled in the comments ;)

Replaces all trees on decorated roads, parks and building plots with palm trees.

You can change the tree types and the buildings/roads in the configuration file.

This is just a visual mod! You can load an existing save, and it will replace the trees. You can also still load your save files after disabling/uninstalling this mod. It will not break your save files.

Known Bugs and Limitations

• When you load an existing city from the main menu, and zoom far away, the game will display the default tree models.

Workaround: Press ESC after the city is loaded to open the "Pause Menu". Press "Load Game" and reload the city.

• Replacement with palm trees only works on tropical maps.
  • Replacement with pine/conifer trees only works on nordic maps.
  • No support for custom tree models.
  • Does not replace trees on custom assets from the workshop
Configuration

Enable the mod and create/load a city. The Mod will create the default configuration file.

Open the configuration file located at "[steam-install-directory]\SteamApps\common\Cities_Skylines\TreeReplacer.xml" with an editor (e.g. Notepad). Edit the values as you please:

replaceRoadTrees               - Enables tree replacement on roads (true or false)
replaceResidentialTrees        - Enables tree replacement on residential plots 
replaceCommercialTrees         - Enables tree replacement on commercial plots 
replaceIndustrialFarmingTrees  - Enables tree replacement on farm plots 
replaceIndustrialForestryTrees - Enables tree replacement on forestry industry plots 
replaceParkTrees               - Enables tree replacement on parks 
replaceOtherBuildingTrees      - Enables tree replacement on any other buildings 
tree2_lane                     - The name of the tree used on decorated small roads.
tree4_lane                     - The name of the tree used on decorated medium roads.
tree6_lane                     - The name of the tree used on decorated large roads.
replace_[tree-name]_with       - The replacement tree for the tree with name [tree-name].

New:
removeUglyDirtUnderTrees       - removes the dirt texture that is visible under trees (works only if you load the city twice)
Restart the game to reload the configuration.

PS: The code of this mod is so messy, don't use it as a learning ressource ;)

What's New in Version 1.1-Beta   See Changelog

Released

• Added way to disable dirt texture under trees (affects all trees on map).
  • Internal improvements.
  • Critical Bugfix

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By citiesxlfan42
      Hey everyone! Here are my two favorite buildings ever!
        The World Trade Center, sadly destroyed in 2001. These towers showed the best of glass and aluminium architecture and exquisite design. These towers included the Windows of the World, an underground mall, and a Marriot hotel. These towers are deeply missed (by me, anyway).
      The other...
          The Sears Tower (Now the "Willis Tower") stands proudly as the world 3rd largest building over Chicago. At about 1500 feet, this tower stood as the tallest until about the '90s. This tower is another nice one.
    • By Trylk255
      Request to delete this thread because I will start a new one with a different name and the project will be in the new thread. If you are willing to re-use this thread, you are welcome as well !
    • By xoxide
      This mod changes the lighting of the game so there is a little more contrast during the day and much darker shadows in unit areas at night.

It also makes the sunrise more pink and the sunset more orange, It is especially useful when taking pictures of the game and works best when used in conjunction with filters such as the "warmer" filter.

To install this mod, just extract the rar file into your SimCityData Folder.

UPDATE (6/6/2014) File download works fine YOU MUST BE 100% logged into simtrop to download.

• By diego
      Hello everyone. I've had this visual glitch with Simcity 4 Rush Hour on Mac since updating to Mountain Lion (or Lion, can't remember)... Now I have Mavericks (10.9) and it's still there. It's really annoying and happens randomly when zooming in/out.

Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thanks!

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• It doesn't even look like a convention center. Looks like a building at a community college or a state university.
    • Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???
    • Do we need to delete Oppie's and replace yours?   Ps. Thank you so much for revamping this amazing mod.
    • Can someone make the Wilshire Grand Tower for SimCity3000?