• Moose

The Turtle - Highway Exit Traffic Management System 1.0

(4.86)    (7 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

STEAM Workshop link now available, click download then click on (Main File) option.

The turtle is a traffic management solution for highway exits. It consists of an asset and an idea.

The idea is to divide the traffic into three main flows through an advanced highway roundabout and traffic distribution system. Advanced to me, at least. Until now my highway exits were a real nightmare.

This roundabout actually works. Cars will use all three lanes and traffic never stops moving, as shown on the animated GIF.

What you have to do is place The Turtle between your highway exit and your town. Then connect the two stub end to the highway and the six lane road on the opposite end to your main residential or commercial hub.

Now connect the roundabout ramps to industrial or other main areas and then again those areas to each other and to the main hub, making sure that the connections are far enough away from The Turtle.

In my tests this system was able to comfortably handle the entire traffic of a 24k Cim town with one Turtle, with traffic reading never going red. 

Placing one additional highway exit at the industrial area instantly turns the traffic reading towards the green.

Note there are no public transportation systems at all in the test city, and all zones are high density.

Anyhow, let me know what you think. All suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

[HR]

To install, unzip file, then move the "TPB CSLIA - The Turtle v1.crp" file into \Users\*YOU*\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Addons\Assets

Replace *YOU* with whatever your user account name is on your machine.

Please note the AppData folder is hidden by default, you'll have to show hidden files in explorer to find it.

[HR]

Visit my Asset Studio for news on upcoming uploads.

If you like this product, please take a moment to leave a comment or give me a rating, I really appreciate that little gesture in exchange of my work. Also feel free to share this on any other social media you may use!

Thank you and enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• 03/25/2015 3:33 - Uploaded v1.0
  • 03/26 20:46 - Added Steam Download Link

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chio3846

Share this review

Link to review
Hayran

Share this review

Link to review
dremora85

Share this review

Link to review
KeszSandor

Share this review

Link to review
Esuka

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Arnold J. Rimmer
      Truck weigh station (functional)

Hello! 
      When I finished toll booth I decided make TWS. Its just neccessary have it around at least one highway. I started thinking how can I do it "like in real".
      Here is little graph:
      Every truck has to visit this TWS. Cars (service, etc..) can follow only green lane. Trucks follow blue line to weigh scale point where they stopped for few seconds //there is stop sign (red lines). If trucks weight "isnt right", then truck has to follow yellow line into inspection barn (here its starting be little tricky. I builded two industry buildings-mobile office from Beardmonkey. These buildings entrance is exactly in barn (for us its looking like there is some search of trucks trailer - trailer is staying at one position for few seconds). Sometimes truck dissapears in barn because truck delivered goods into industry office buildings (we can imagine like some prohibited stuff was found) or continues to parking lot (cannot imitate functional way) OR can goes again on highway. Trucks CANNOT go on green line, but when truck is going from yellow, he hasnt any other choice - he continues on green lane next to weigh scale (which is as perfect as it can be).

Speed limits are mostly 30.

For me, as man who never visited weigh station in real life it was really hard. Of course I was searching google pictures, but it wasnt exactly what the game allows. So I started with my own system. Dont know if this can be workable in real life. 

And here is short video just for showcase (didnt record final version yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLJBnmc5boY
      This "little project" took me few hours but I hope some of you will enjoy it!
      I appreciate every feedback! Critism is also welcome! 

• By kschmidt
      Roghue Island Interchange Revisited !
      Tonight I adresed some issue with the Roghue Island South Interchange. Two issues where amendment: one the elevated one way flyover exit from highway 4 to highway 55 and ramps entry and exit´s from the Hartford City ! One way flyover corner pieces didn´t show right direction so was in fact only cosmetic. Entry and exit wheren´t there at all so a detour must me made via Cape Mayon to reverse into the Hartford City direction !

Issues´s now partly resolved ! Still a detour to Cape Mayon or using the highway 5 bridge is needed to return to Hartford City. Just before the Cape Mayon tunnel there´s a new exit to Roghue Island; any future exit however remains unresolved because there´s no suitable place to place a entry with accelerationlane; ultimately a special tunnel would need to be constructed underwater and costs would expand into a tremendous amount of simoleans !

See the lovely over the rail tunnels winding RHW highway 55 !
      Diagonal rail portal pieces are by Takingyouthere; functional there´s still some work to make them fit in better !

Enjoy !

• By Lost_Gecko
      I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
      So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
      The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
      Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
      New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!

• By alborzka
      As it stands with RICO, buildings need sub-buildings in order to make them mixed-use. This makes it difficult to convert existing buildings into mixed use, as they involve meshes and etc. Why not have a mod that allows users to "add" sub-buildings that serve different functions -- offices, commercial, residential, parks, etc? Could function similar to RICO Settings Panel, where the user simply adds whatever number of sub-buildings they want for a particular asset and choose what stats they want for it. This can make it a lot easier to customise very tall towers/buildings (different floors serving different functions), and make them more realistic than being single-purpose.
      How realistic are the prospects of such a mod being able to be made easily?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments