• Moose

The Turtle - Highway Exit Traffic Management System 1.0

(4.86)    (7 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

STEAM Workshop link now available, click download then click on (Main File) option.

The turtle is a traffic management solution for highway exits. It consists of an asset and an idea.

The idea is to divide the traffic into three main flows through an advanced highway roundabout and traffic distribution system. Advanced to me, at least. Until now my highway exits were a real nightmare.

This roundabout actually works. Cars will use all three lanes and traffic never stops moving, as shown on the animated GIF.

What you have to do is place The Turtle between your highway exit and your town. Then connect the two stub end to the highway and the six lane road on the opposite end to your main residential or commercial hub.

Now connect the roundabout ramps to industrial or other main areas and then again those areas to each other and to the main hub, making sure that the connections are far enough away from The Turtle.

In my tests this system was able to comfortably handle the entire traffic of a 24k Cim town with one Turtle, with traffic reading never going red. 

Placing one additional highway exit at the industrial area instantly turns the traffic reading towards the green.

Note there are no public transportation systems at all in the test city, and all zones are high density.

Anyhow, let me know what you think. All suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

[HR]

To install, unzip file, then move the "TPB CSLIA - The Turtle v1.crp" file into \Users\*YOU*\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Addons\Assets

Replace *YOU* with whatever your user account name is on your machine.

Please note the AppData folder is hidden by default, you'll have to show hidden files in explorer to find it.

[HR]

Visit my Asset Studio for news on upcoming uploads.

If you like this product, please take a moment to leave a comment or give me a rating, I really appreciate that little gesture in exchange of my work. Also feel free to share this on any other social media you may use!

Thank you and enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• 03/25/2015 3:33 - Uploaded v1.0
  • 03/26 20:46 - Added Steam Download Link

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chio3846

Share this review

Link to review
Hayran

Share this review

Link to review
dremora85

Share this review

Link to review
KeszSandor

Share this review

Link to review
Esuka

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Sparks44
      Now when I start the game my user game state disappears from the local folder? It always uses a state with some mods and assets enabled, which I can change and then play.
      But I have to change them every time I start the game now. Any ideas much appreciated.
      After loading just now all my mods were gone even the vanilla ones. And I couldn't disable all my assets at once like I normally can.
    • By kingleno
      Been a minute since I've posted here, but here's a few things in various stages that I've been working on lately. 
      *update for my Macy's
      *Dillard's
      *couple of seafood restaurants
      *Riverboat that never got off the ground that i'm thinking about reviving. 

• By Horus_Kol
      I've been lurking about the forums for a good long while since my last journal (which, unfortunately, is not to be resurrected) - and trying out a few different approaches to the game before settling on a style/gameplay that hopefully will be sustainable in between real life. I think Delvedene failed because it was far too ambitious - finding all the perfect mods and assets, along with the micro-management of things like farms and stuff got in the way of enjoying the game.
      So, I'm playing one of the vanilla maps, unlocking everything (including all 25 areas - I was hoping to use Area Enabler, but that's broken since the last DLC, so I had to spend most of my money buying all the areas - on the other hand, having a reasonably limited amount of money helps me to prevent just wallpapering the map with cityscape ), and removing all the highways and railway.
      What I like about the vanilla maps is that they offer wide grassland areas surrounded by woods, which offer a natural limit to town growth. Contours are also a good guide (anyone know how to get the game to keep contours on display when laying down road?) What I don't like about the vanilla maps is the prebuilt highway network. I also don't like the rate at which you unlock new areas with population growth: you end up being forced into super dense small towns.
      ----
      Chelsea
      The town of Chelsea currently stretches along one main road (which will go on to connect to another town by the river later - below the image), with three other roads: the first, leading into Stepano (right of the image) - the industrial estate where most of the Chelsea residents work; another leading to the Cockerell farms (top left); and the third heading off to where yet another town is planned (to the left).
      In the background you can see Mt Chelsea.

Chelsea again, from a different angle (Stepano to the bottom). You can see a thin belt of trees separating Chelsea from another grassland area where the next town is planned (mid-left). In the background is Mt Runcorn, where an old fortification sits (put there by the map designers, but just outside the 25 tile limit).

And a closeup of the Chelsea Cemetary, surrounded by some parklands (open space is going to be a big deal in these towns - I am desperately trying to avoid wall-to-wall buildings).

• By Lost_Gecko
      I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
      So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
      The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
      Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
      New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!

• By Mr_Maison
      Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
      5/25/2017 Release: Wooden Box Planter Link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=932855630

And with Tulips

More info on last pages of this thread.

Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments