The Turtle - Highway Exit Traffic Management System 1.0

(4.86)    (7 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

STEAM Workshop link now available, click download then click on (Main File) option.

The turtle is a traffic management solution for highway exits. It consists of an asset and an idea.

The idea is to divide the traffic into three main flows through an advanced highway roundabout and traffic distribution system. Advanced to me, at least. Until now my highway exits were a real nightmare.

This roundabout actually works. Cars will use all three lanes and traffic never stops moving, as shown on the animated GIF.

What you have to do is place The Turtle between your highway exit and your town. Then connect the two stub end to the highway and the six lane road on the opposite end to your main residential or commercial hub.

Now connect the roundabout ramps to industrial or other main areas and then again those areas to each other and to the main hub, making sure that the connections are far enough away from The Turtle.

In my tests this system was able to comfortably handle the entire traffic of a 24k Cim town with one Turtle, with traffic reading never going red. 

Placing one additional highway exit at the industrial area instantly turns the traffic reading towards the green.

Note there are no public transportation systems at all in the test city, and all zones are high density.

Anyhow, let me know what you think. All suggestions and criticisms are welcome.

To install, unzip file, then move the "TPB CSLIA - The Turtle v1.crp" file into \Users\*YOU*\AppData\Local\Colossal Order\Cities_Skylines\Addons\Assets

Replace *YOU* with whatever your user account name is on your machine.

Please note the AppData folder is hidden by default, you'll have to show hidden files in explorer to find it.

Visit my Asset Studio for news on upcoming uploads.

If you like this product, please take a moment to leave a comment or give me a rating, I really appreciate that little gesture in exchange of my work. Also feel free to share this on any other social media you may use!

Thank you and enjoy!

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• 03/25/2015 3:33 - Uploaded v1.0
  • 03/26 20:46 - Added Steam Download Link

User Feedback