3 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds two new road building tools that allow you to upgrade between one- and two-way roads and to change one-way road directions, without having to demolish and rebuild the road. 

The tools work very similar to the default road upgrade tool. To convert an existing one-way road to a two-way road, you simply select the two-way upgrade tool and click on the segment of the the road you want to upgrade, and drag along the road to convert multiple segments. To convert a two-way road to a one-way road, however, you must drag to the direction you want the road to go instead of just clicking. One-way roads can also be changed to go to the opposite direction in the same manner. 

The roads are always converted to the same type counterparts, so it does not matter which road type you have selected in the road tool. This also means that it is not possible to directly convert a 4-lane road to a one-way road, because there is no 4-lane one-way road type in the game. Instead you must first upgrade the road to a 2- or 6-lane road and then convert it to a one-way road. 

Unzip into ..\Cities Skylines\Files\Mods.
Activate the mod in your game.

While the mod should work quite reliably, it is still somewhat experimental. Therefore it is recommended that you always save your city before using the mod. 

Current known issues: 
- Does not work on Linux. (fix planned) 
- Sometimes the mod stays on even when you are not using the roads tools, preventing you from placing electric lines or water pipes. If this happens, restarting the game should fix it. (cause unknown) 
- You can upgrade roads outside of the city's building area. (fix planned) 

Created by: Wiliz from Steam Workshop

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

this mod is great! and a must have. Simply click the road and drag the mouse in the direction you want the road to go. so simple yet such a time saver. Thanx!!!

Share this comment

this mod was broken after 1.06 update :(

that is because this mod is no longer needed, the feature this mod provided is said to be built into the game

Share this comment

I get this error when I click on one of the arrow buttons:

Method not found: 'NetTool.CreateNode'. [System.MissingMethodException]

Details:
No details
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'NetTool.CreateNode'.
  at ToolManager.SimulationStepImpl (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It doesn't go away either, I click OK and it pops up again. Did I do something wrong?

Share this comment

Details:
No details
  at ToolManager.SimulationStepImpl (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It doesn't go away either, I click OK and it pops up again. Did I do something wrong?

Details:
No details

Cannot Work With toggle traffic light if You Turn on this mod you have double error

1. An error 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]  Details: No details 

2. An error

Details:
No details

Share this comment