• Moose

Improved Worker Data In Rollover 1.0

(5.00)    (11 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is based on the original Extended Worker Data in Rollover mod however it removes the bug where the display added the number of workers in a building to the number of available jobs which made it appear as if more jobs were available than was actually the case.

This mod now displays the number of jobs in a building as the game reports them.

The mod only shows the jobs available on the current shift. If a building doesn't have opening hours then it's total job capacity is double the amount shown (day shift and night shift). These are the numbers used by the employment statistics in the population details screen.

A few clarifications:

• The Population Details screen will tell you how many jobs there are vs how many workers you have. This is a simple A - B equation and does not represent the real state of affairs. In reality you may have unemployed Sims because they couldn't get to a job before giving up and going home. This is why despite the Population Details screen saying you have zero unemployment and zero available jobs that not every job generating building will be full.
  • There appears to be a bug with plopped buildings like the Fire Station where the number of jobs they generate doesn't take into account any upgrades you have added. For example a new Fire Engine Garage will add 10 low wealth and 2 mid wealth jobs per shift to a Fire Station; however while this change is reflected in the rollover the Fire Station will not employ any additional Sims beyond it's starting value (10 and 3) and will report the same total jobs to the population details screen (26). This appears to be a bug in the base game and I don't have the knowledge to fix it.

wu2017 and cbunce32286 like this

User Feedback

Amazing work :) glad to see another mod on the STEX and another modder working to improve the game.

Share this comment

So do we need to delete the old mod "ExtendedWorkerDataInRollover.package" before adding the new one?

Share this comment

This mod is very useful, but I have some problems with the game exe. In addition when I leave simyity me an error !!
I remove the mod ..
:(

Share this comment

Downloaded and placed it zipped into the SimCitydata file, but I see changes in-game off-line. 

On 7/27/2016 at 9:35 AM, Reza17 said:

where's to put this file please?

where's to put this file please?

It's supposed to be the SimCitydata file, but it doesn't appear for me. 

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @Bipin Hi! Could you update the dependency links on this upload (and any other uploads of yours, which had dependencies on the sadly-no-existing-anymore SIMPEG page)? Thanks in advance! - Tyberius
    • Since this is growable, what size lot do I zone for this building to grow? (Ex. 2x2, 3x3, etc.?) Anyone who can answer this I'd appreciate it. 
    • This reminds me of the old one up by my house. The new Walmart got built next door in a big open area with the newer super center building, the old one now is a   Tractor supply Co., Dollar Tree and a little  Hibbett sports. 
    • Extract the file SimCity 4 Extra Cheats Plugin.dll to the root directory of your plugins folder. This means put the file in C:\...\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins. DO NOT put the file into a sub-folder, it will only work if placed into the main directory. Then enter your game and follow the instructions above. does this mean put it                 ||                                                       \/ \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins [here]\sub-folder