• Moose

SUGC Simcity Modder's Guide 1.01

(4.69)    (13 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hi everyone!

Finally, after 6 months of work, I present you the SUGC SimCity Modder's Guide!

You will find in this guide, all the technical articles find on the net regarding SimCity in one place. It also include new tutorials made by SUGC modders. This guide is there to help you understand the mechanics in SimCity.

With it, you will be able to learn how to do small modification to the game, create menu icons and marquees, modify an in-game building and create a sub-menu in the User Interface as in Project Akar.

This guide is a work in progress. More will be added when new tutorials will be produce by modders.

Warning: It is a huge document (32MB) and already 300+ pages. Be patient if you download it using a slow internet connection..

Good reading!

Pinky!

What's New in Version 1.01   See Changelog

Released

• 1.01 Feb 24th Change to the section: Publishing on Simtropolis and the mod filename naming convention.
  • 1.0 Feb 20th 2015 First edition.

User Feedback

I don't mod but have been inquisitive to find out whats involved. This guide has been fascinating from that point of view. Thanks

Share this comment

Thanks god (and the moderator) the guide is back for everybody to download. I hope this will not happened again.

Oups: small mistake in page 64. In the example, The date should be before the version. Will be corrected in the next version.

Should read like this:

Example: 001-OFFLINE_Roads_SUGC_20140710_1.70_Udons.package

Lots of problem today to upload version 1.01. Now it is finally there to download. Good reading!

Pinky!

Share this comment

Hopefully, we'll start getting some new mods for the game! (wink, wink)

My degree is in Architecture and Engineering and I did alot of 3D modeling while I was working in the field and have thought about trying my had at modding but I don't want to screw anything up and it's been a few years since I've done anything 3D.  I'll read the manual and think about it trying my hand at it!  Would love to see more SC2013 mods come out!  ~Cassie

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.