• Moose

15 Screenshots

About This File

Firstly, here are the aspects of the game that I think need some tweaked.

1. Why tax income are very low, whereas country's revenue mostly come from tax.

2. Why goods are too few while shoppers are so many?

3. Why there are too many unfilled jobs?

4. Freight output seems can't fulfilled commercial needs. (Too many factory mean you need more workers/or zoning more residential, which mean zoning more commercial that need more freights, which mean zoning more industrial. This is a broken system.)

So... guys, I made this mod, intended to make a balance to the game. I hope you like it.

UPDATED TO :
Version 1.2
Previous versions with some fix:
1. The population inside Medium Density Residential building has been slightly increased ( New Version : Default x1.5) .

2. Improved speed an acceleration of Industrial Freight Trucks / Heavy Trucks.

HOW TO INSTALL :

1. Backup your previous saved games.

2. Delete your saved games located in "C:\Users\.........\Documents".

3. If you have any RCI mod or previous version of my mod inside your SimCityData folder, remove it.

4. Unzip / Extract v1.2-RCI-Mod.zip

5. Copy file "0FFL1NE-v1.2-[Papa_Bear]-SimCity2013-RCI-Mod.package" to "\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData" folder.

6. Copy file "SimCity-Scripts_287520926.package" to "\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages" folder.

IN ORDER FOR THIS MOD TO WORK,
YOU NEED TO :
  • START ON A NEW REGION,
  • CLAIM CITY/CITIES,
  • PLAY (DON'T ZONING YOUR CITY YET) .
  • SAVE,
  • QUIT GAME,
  • RELAUNCH YOUR GAME,
  • LOAD YOUR SAVED GAME (YOU CAN START ZONING YOUR CITY) .

THIS MOD ARE INTENDED FOR OFFLINE PLAY.
PLAYING ONLINE MIGHT LEAD TO CITY ROLLBACKS!

HOW TO REMOVE :

1. Delete "0FFL1NE-v1.2-[Papa_Bear]-SimCity2013-RCI-Mod.package" along with "SimCity-Scripts_287520926.package" from the installation directory.

2. Delete your saved game.

What's New in Version 1.2   See Changelog

Released

• 01. Increased tax income from R.C.I zone (commercial zone pay more and industrial zone pay the most). Rx1.5, Cx4, Ix15
  • 02. Goods and hotel rooms from commercial building are doubled. LDx4, MDx4, HDx2
  • 03. Freight output from industrial (all tech lvl) LD/MD/HD is increased from 60/120/240 per factory to 640/1440/3200 per factory. (considered of factory's size)
  • 04. Reduced the number of workers from H.Density commercial building to "128" (all wealth class).
  • 05. Reduced the number of workers from H.Density industrial building to "256" (all tech lvl).
  • 06. Increased the number of workers from L.Density/M.Density commercial building to 16/32 (all wealth class).
  • 07. Increased the number of workers from L.Density/M.Density industrial building to 32/64 (all wealth class).
  • 08. No change made to sewage, garbage, pollution output.
  • 09. No change made to power requirement.
  • 10. Zones growth rate is increased twice.
  • 11. The population inside Medium Density Residential building has been slightly increased ( New Version : Default x1.5) .
  • 12. Improved speed an acceleration of Industrial Freight Trucks / Heavy Trucks.

hzzyca and poom29 like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

flaskratch

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Great mod, functionality is 100%, the only fact that I dot like its that taxes revenues are so high and makes the game extremely easy.

Share this review

Link to review
Shylon

Share this review

Link to review
MarcZ

Share this review

Link to review
red467

Share this review

Link to review
bosco912

Share this review

Link to review
lenovo-EA

Share this review

Link to review
Papa_Bear

Share this review

Link to review
stratos936

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By CT14
      The Norfolk and Western Railway (NW) used the HL Class 40 ft, 2 bay "fishbelly" hopper cars to transport coal during the early to mid 20th century. These Late Steam/Transition era cars have the "sloped side sheets" with original road numbers 22000-25999, 38000-39999, and 68500-69499. [1]
      Some HL class were rebuilt into H9 class around 1949, this marked the beginning of the phasing out of the design. By 1960 they were using different cars and different paint schemes, and the Norfolk and Western was running diesel on its mainlines starting in 1959. [2]
      Installation:
      Simply unzip the "CT14 - Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars.zip" file into your plugins folder.
      Removal:
      Remove the "Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars" folder from your plugins folder (normally in Plugins/CT14/Norfolk and Western HL Class Hopper Cars". Lots which use these props will be a little bit emptier.
      Prop catalog:
      For SimCity, these cars have been rendered as HD props in a variety of angles and filled with coal in three variations, along with empty car versions.
      Orthogonal (3 load variations plus empty):
      - 90 deg
      Diagonal (3 load variations plus empty):
      - 45 deg
      Curve Fitting Angles (consecutive angles' loads will generally vary, plus empty versions of all):
      Left and Right versions of:
      - 5.625 deg
      - 11.25 deg
      - 16.875 deg
      - 22.5 deg
      - 28.125 deg
      - 33.75 deg
      - 39.375 deg
      Fractional Angles (3 load variations plus empty for each pair of angles):
      FA2 26.6/63.4
      FA3 18.4/71.6
      Release history:
      v1.0 - 20170225 - Initial release
      References:
      [1] Rex Desilets, "N&W HL Class Hopper Road Numbers?" (O Gauge Railroad forum), http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/nandamp-w-hl-class-hopper-road-numbers?nc=1
      [2] PC9850, "Correct Steam-Era N&W Coal Hoppers?" (ibid), http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/correct-steam-era-nandampw-coal-hoppers
      Development thread:
      http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/69360-ct14s-railroad-lots-and-bat/
    • By Paraffine
      Hello there, I was wondering if there is a way to force the game checking agents numbers to get rid of "phantom" criminals and "phantom" trash/recycle cans showed in the respective panel when the data map is totally clear. Or at least if there is a save editor or a way to fix those bugged number with an hex editor or something.

I know it's not game/breaking to  have fake counters but it still bugs me and I'd like to solve it if that's possible.

Cheers and thank you in advance.
      Edit: I have 2 things I gotta add, I tried the RealPopulation mod and it doesn't seem to solve the issue in any way, also I am experiencing this bug with incoming workers too, I went from a situation where I needed mostly high and mid wealth workers cause my population was mostly low wealth to the opposite, cause after building the arcology I "upgraded" my city population to mid and high wealth, now the game shows me thousands of incoming workers a day in the Pop Detail windows when I have none.

It would be cool to somehow force the game to "count again" the actual agents or at least to have a save editor to manually fix those empty numbers, someone could point in the right direction of how to do it if a "Premade" tool doesn't exist?
    • By LittleMac
       Hello guys! Today i'm working on a 2x3 office building, hope you like it:

• By Haljackey
      SimCity 4 is a spreadsheet that will never be balanced, but that’s what makes it so fun, even 14 years after release.
      Yesterday, an article about SimCity 4's Network Addon Mod, a comprehensive mod for roads and traffic in SimCity 4, reached the front page of r/Games.”Not only has SimCity 4 survived, it has thrived with new creations offered daily by content-makers, and has even evolved with substantial player-developed modifications like the Network Addon Mod,” author Dirktator wrote. While that’s definitely true, and the thriving mod community for SimCity 4 is a joy to browse through, after playing until two in the morning I can safely say that SimCity 4 also holds up on its own.
      Full article: http://kotaku.com/SimCity-4-is-still-great-1796823071
    • By FlyHigh
      Railway Concrete Tunnel
      Okay, so I've been working on this for a few months and I got some positive feedback on the Chat so I decided to ask the community what do YOU think of it?

Ok guys, your feedback is my guide. Tell me, what do you think?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments