Hey guys :).

What this mod pack does:

- Increases number of jobs

- Reduces maintenance and construction costs

- Reduces minimum workers needed for production

- Reduces power consumption

- Reduces garbage production

- Increases water production

- Increases module count (Water Treatment Plant only)

The things listed above apply to the water tower, the hydro pumping station, and the water treatment plant and its modules.

NOTE: You need the Cities of Tomorrow expansion pack in order to use this mod.

How to install:

Unzip the file.

Place the regular .package file into your SCData folder and the two scripts files into your SCUserData/Packages folder.

Enjoy the mod! More are coming!

poom29 likes this

User Feedback

Love the mods, but the biggest problem with all of these "Enhancement" mods is that they don't increase the power pool of the building, so any building that has more than the default max plopped additional modules will run out of power repeatedly. Is there a fix coming for this by chance?

Share this comment

Having a lot of fun finding these types of mods.  I hope this will make it easier for me to create and maintain a bigger city.

I have to add, I downloaded a different mod for Worship Enhancement and the scrips over write each other.  So the Worship mod works ok, but the water one hasn't been changed.  I'm sure this is something I am doing wrong.  I just wanted to ask what it might be.  I downloaded Cheat: Worship (Single Player Only) and it comes with a scrip that this mod over writes.  Sorry if I am being stupid about this, I've modded before but never this game and it is a little daunting.  

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Paraffine
      Hello there, I was wondering if there is a way to force the game checking agents numbers to get rid of "phantom" criminals and "phantom" trash/recycle cans showed in the respective panel when the data map is totally clear. Or at least if there is a save editor or a way to fix those bugged number with an hex editor or something.

I know it's not game/breaking to  have fake counters but it still bugs me and I'd like to solve it if that's possible.

Cheers and thank you in advance.
      Edit: I have 2 things I gotta add, I tried the RealPopulation mod and it doesn't seem to solve the issue in any way, also I am experiencing this bug with incoming workers too, I went from a situation where I needed mostly high and mid wealth workers cause my population was mostly low wealth to the opposite, cause after building the arcology I "upgraded" my city population to mid and high wealth, now the game shows me thousands of incoming workers a day in the Pop Detail windows when I have none.

It would be cool to somehow force the game to "count again" the actual agents or at least to have a save editor to manually fix those empty numbers, someone could point in the right direction of how to do it if a "Premade" tool doesn't exist?
    • By CorinaMarie
      In my various Shoppes threads I've recommended for peeps to save a copy so they'd have them available if Photobucket ever borks my free account and the pictures go missing. I'd done that myself a few days ago. You know, File --> Save Page As ... --> (Type) Web Page, complete. I had this silly idea that saving the complete web page would be, well, COMPLETE. Like all the text and pictures. Turns out in Firefox that's not true unless one has this Add-On. And then one also reads this documentation. And then one adds a missing variable:

Once I did that (and restarted Firefox) I then did complete saves of my map making and shoppes threads, copied the files to a flash drive, loaded them onto one of my SC4 game comps (which is not connected to anything else), and then I could view the threads completely offline with all the pictures. So, this is just a heads-up post for peeps who might believe they've made a complete copy using Firefox and really didn't get the whole thread saved in a useful way.
      And, it would be nice if the gurus with other browsers test if theirs can make a true, complete offline copy and let us know here.

Edit: I'm adding CB's quote here since it's extremely relevant to my premise:

• By RandyE
      This lot has been tested in-game, it was found that at least 2 of them are required to almost completely reduce pollution across a large tile as well as to provide water across a grid of pipes covering the whole tile.  It was tested also with the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Modd.  Use the Data View and Cheetah Speed to monitor changes in water supply, air and water pollution.  The pump is programmed to consume a very small amount of water so plop the pump in a non-polluted area as tests indicate it will not immediately clean its own base area and may fail to operate. 
      Location: Water Menu under Utilities Menu, and Power Menu for 1x1 Generator
      You must connect both the large water pump and the sewage treatment connectors to realize both the effect of the radical volume of water and the treatment.  The large water pump is the re-lot that will appear in the water utilities.   The dual purpose is combined into one lot with its own unique menu icon. 
      Stats:
      Lot Size: 5 (width) by 6 (depth)
      Water Produced and Treated: 1,000,000 cubic meters per hour.
      Pollution Reduction: -1200 over 300 
      Plop Cost: 25,000§
      Maintenance Cost: 10§
      Jobs: 15§, 290§§, 15§§§
      Moderate Landmark and Park Effect. 
      Transit and Network Enabled
      Power Consumed:  200 MWh (megawatt hours)
      Dependency: Included base texture .dat file.
      Maxis Night-lighting
      FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction V1
      File: List of Alternate Water Systems.txt
      File: Preview and Install.html
      File: Readme.txt
      SUB-FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction
      This is the folder inside the unzipped title folder to be placed in your User\Documents\SimCity 4\ Plugins folder.  It contains 2 files: 1. the Radical_Water_Pump.SC4Lot, and 2. the BaseTexturesElements_RadicalWaterPump.dat file with base textures extracted from my Vol.1 Base Textures Elements package.  If you use the larger package then delete the smaller .dat file included as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  The larger package is linked below:
      Base Textures Vol 1.1: Elements, for SC4 1.1.0
      SUB-FOLDER: 500 MWh Power Generator 1x1
      File: RadicalWaterPump_PowerGenerator.SC4Lot
      I've added a 1x1 lot to generate power for the water pump.  If you use the Data View Moisture Mod to locate a high volume of water it may be in a remote area, otherwise a non-polluted area may also be in a remote area.  The power generator is equal to 2½ times the wind power plant.
      Previews:
      The 2nd preview shows the progressive reduction of air pollution; the reduction of water pollution is about the same. The test city has 2 heavy industry areas and congested traffic generating severe pollution over the entire tile. A third radical water pump would completely eliminate both across the entire tile.
      The 3rd preview shows at bottom Cori's Data View of Moisture mod which uses the radiation data view to show changes in moisture from rainfall.  In more complicated terrain the moisture data view is useful to see where to place water pumps which depend on aquifers. The mod is linked below:
      Cori's DataView - Moisture v 2017.01.22 by @CorinaMarie
      The top 2 frames show the progressive increase of water-flow over the entire tile.   Water pipes are tedious to place in large tiles requiring about a 30x30 grid.  To make the task of watering the tile easier use the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Reduction Modd by RalphaelNinja linked below:
      UtilityRadius TrafPollution Modd by @RalphaelNinja
      The last preview is of this .SC4Lot in production in the Lot Editor for anyone who has enjoyed using SC4 as a design tool, creating .SC4 city tiles, and who may be considering taking the next step of creating .SC4Lot files.  Using Lot Editor is not much more complicated.  Below is the tutorial that got me started almost a year ago.
      Lot Editor: Beginner's Tutorial by @jbbry232
      INSTALL:
      To install copy and paste the Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction folder into your User\Documents \SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
      To also install the power generator copy and paste the 500 MWh Power Generator 1x1 folder into the folder above.
    • By RRetail
      Kevdan25's fantastic models are the focus In the first pack of restaurant relots I plan to release. I did not relot his Jack in the Box because of its enormous size and the Hard Rock Cafe has been left out as well. The purpose here was to try to get each lot to be as similar as they can be to each other. To use a lot or all of them you will need to download each lot from Kevdan25. (I do apologize for this, but I'm not aware of any other way to do this.) Links as well as more information on each lot are found below.
      Note that each link below is a dependency if you want my relotted version of it. If you only want one of my relots just simply delete the other attached files.
      You can delete the lot file which comes from Kevdan25 buildings (found in the folder) if you would like to clear up space in both your landmark menu in game and in your plugin files. 
      3x3 lots:
      3x4 lots
      3x5 lots
      4x3 lots
      4x4 lots
      Other Dependencies:
      BSC MEGA Props SG Vol 1 BSC MegaProps JES Vol. 2 BSC MegaProps CP Vol. 1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures 1.0.1 SuperSHK + FA3 Parking Textures SHK Parking Pack
    • By SimCoug
      Description:
      I came across a discussion in the forums a little while back of somebody asking about a well lot to use as a water source.  Well (pun intended), I got to thinking, that might be really useful... I know I could certainly use something like that.  So here you are - two simple ground well lots that have the exact same properties as the Maxis water tower.  One of the lots includes a base texture and has more of a rural look.  The other is simply the well with no base texture or props... you can add MMPs to give it whatever look you desire.  Feel free to use one or the other (or both)... 

Dependencies:
      None!  (I can't believe I just wrote that)

Installation:
      Simply unzip the file and put the entire 'SimCougs Little Well' folder in your plugins.  If you wish to use only one of the lots, simply delete the one you don't need.  

Developer notes: 
      This was really a one-off, simple lot... everything is Maxis based.  I created it in a couple hours (including testing).  If you run into any strangeness, please leave me a comment here.     

Support:
      For questions regarding this set, please feel free to visit my Lot Development Thread (SimCoug's Lot Den).

Special Thanks:
      Maxis, you darn sonuvagun... great looking props!
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Thanks, T Wrecks...rewards are such a giant pain to make! So I usually try and put something daft in to try and compensate...this is my nod to the g20 . As far as I know, the OG doesn't do anything, but there is an ATR file in sim city1. dat  (I think it's 0x49a59e37 - 0x01601900), but it might have been deemed a bit too graphic, or it could just have been like the other dozen or so atr files that aren't used in anything....   Oh, and btw, citybuilder234, the building looks like whatever I tell you it looks like.....
    • It doesn't even look like a convention center. Looks like a building at a community college or a state university.
    • Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???