• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

hey all i am now releasing the World trade centers pack , ok in this pack i am releasing the "1 New world trade center" and "The world trade center plaza"

i will be updating this mod pack as i make the rest, so stay tuned 

I would also like to say sorry to all the users whom lost their loved ones during 9\11. i make no intent to offend anyone 

A Special Thanks TO

MaxisGuillaume: for helping me with the scripting and setting up new ID's 
Oppie: for making MAXScript and simcitypak add letting me release it
and the rest of SUGC
Chappers: for the damn nice screen shots 

extract the RAR
and place the package file in
C:\program files(86)\origin Games\SimcityData\

i am not responsible for any damage or errors caused to the game or PC

Please comment and tell me if there is anything wrong

What's New in Version 2.0

Released

• World trade center plaza added
  • updated the old 1 NWTC
  • none
  • i will soon add the rest of them to complete the set

User Feedback

Very nice.  Your installation instructions assume the game is acquired from origin.  This is hardly necessarily so.  There are Steam users and regular users with different structures.  Have you tested this by placing it in the regular user structure at C:\<user account\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins (the default spot for user plugins)?  I strongly recommend against putting anything in the Program Files area which can be lost on a reinstall.

No matter what you think about *.zip files, *.rar requires additional software to expand these files whereas *.zip does not.  The usual format for STEX files has been *.zip for a very long time.  Doesn't matter to me because the Linux File Roller will unpack just about anything, but be nice to the ordinary Windows user.

I fail to see how any harm can come to a PC from a data file.

Share this comment

Very nice.  Your installation instructions assume the game is acquired from origin.  This is hardly necessarily so.  There are Steam users and regular users with different structures.  Have you tested this by placing it in the regular user structure at C:\<user account\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins (the default spot for user plugins)?  I strongly recommend against putting anything in the Program Files area which can be lost on a reinstall.

No matter what you think about *.zip files, *.rar requires additional software to expand these files whereas *.zip does not.  The usual format for STEX files has been *.zip for a very long time.  Doesn't matter to me because the Linux File Roller will unpack just about anything, but be nice to the ordinary Windows user.

This is the SimCity (2013) STEX, and Origin is the only place where SimCity (2013) is sold. :)

It's actually been the standard to ask people to install in their Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData because that's the only place where the mods function, for this is SimCity (2013).

Cassie8796 likes this

Share this comment

I've actually had a problem with this file when i load up a game and load a map it takes for ever to load and it wont let me play how could i fix this?

Share this comment

Does this replace an existing building or is it a plopable?

No not at all this is 2 new landmarks it won't replace any other building in game all my building mods will come with that guarantee unless i state so...

I've actually had a problem with this file when i load up a game and load a map it takes for ever to load and it wont let me play how could i fix this?

Did you remove the first NWTC building they might be conflicting

the twin towers' height is inaccurate... But nice job though

Thanks i know :P and thanks 

Thank you! Beautiful job!

Thank you

I like the towers, but maybe the plaza could be a bit more realistic? It's pretty bland down there.

9/10

There is not much to add own there :P and i can only use props and effects That is on the building currently 

Share this comment

This is the SimCity (2013) STEX, and Origin is the only place where SimCity (2013) is sold. :)

It's actually been the standard to ask people to install in their Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData because that's the only place where the mods function, for this is SimCity (2013).

Sorry about that.  I didn't notice the SC2013 in the banner.  This is getting more and more confusing as things pile up.

Share this comment

A Nonny Moose, on 10 Dec 2014 - 03:29 AM, said:

Yeah, you indeed fail to see. Its good that you are honest about it =)

one example might be a bug that puts extreme load on CPU or GPU or both casing them to fail!

Share this comment

5 stars bro, is there anyway you can have them light up at night. All the year I lived around them I remember them best at night

Thanks 

Share this comment

The buildings are great but they look like there's a power outtage at night, anyway to light um up like the Freedom tower? 

Very nice! Is it possible to light the Twin Towers up when it's dark?

KeANA1YASRRdqJuRIHipczVEvwUioNw2yLEBfA0K

Share this comment

the twin towers' height is inaccurate... But nice job though

Throughout the entire game most of the landmarks are inaccurate!! XD 

Share this comment

Very nicely done mod! but the height is inaccurate, the original WTC was only 415m but the OWTC has a total height of 546m but in this mod it was smaller than the WTC. But very well done.

Share this comment

Wow, Danny, this is incredible. I love the One World Trade Center especially. The building is beautiful and it is a wonderful tribute to 9/11.

The only errors I see are in the description with a few spelling and grammar mistakes. But overall this is definitely one of my favourite mods as well as the most thoughtful. Keep up the great work!

Edited by PixelTraveller

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Shroomblaze
      Thank you to all the people who help make this game possible! Colossal Order, Paradox Interactive and all the Cities Skylines fans who made the community what it is today! I was going through a very dark time in my life and if it wasn't for this game I would probably still be in a hell hole of a life wishing I was dead. You gave me that faith in myself again and I'm eternally grateful! Bless your Lives with Love and Great Friendships! Nothing Is Impossible, for in that word you have "Im Possible". Start Living with Love and your Highest Dreams Now!

• By ESP15
      AXA Equitable Center.

New York , Manhattan , 51-52  Street / 7th Avenue 

229 meters tall.
      54 floors.
      Landmark Version
      Model sourced from the 3D Warehouse, created by Sebastian S.
    • By boldlybuilding
      So, I am starting a new thread here for any and all future assets I create for the game. My thread for the World Trade Center was originally supposed to be for that, but obviously it turned into a thread dedicated to that. In this one, I will try to keep WIP things to a minimum (or at least not like with the WTC), instead focusing on any finished assets and any updates on new stuff I'm working on.
      For starters:
      I'm sure most of you found it by now, but my first post-WTC building is the "Dump National Hotel", a magnificent golden slab to plop in your city. Actually, two, as it's actually two triangular towers in one lot. Especially if you read the Steam description, the name is a not-so-subtle parody of Donald Drumpf, mainly his penchant for all things gold and putting his name in 20 foot letters on every building he owns, like with the Drumpf tower in Chicago, where the DRUMPF name now looms over the Chicago River. The hotel can be found on Steam here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527008015
      (Scroll down below the images to see another big update!)

Now, as I've been trying to work more on other more important things I really need to be doing, I need to spend a bit less time on Skylines stuff, but it seems I just can't resist as much as I'd like. I may or may not do a bus station eventually, but there's something else I'll look into...
      Airplanes!
      For the longest time, I had no idea how to import vehicles, what was needed for them, and so on. But I decided to just make a simply plane-shaped thing and test it in the game. I just kept the pivot point the same as you would with buildings, but I put the nose wheel and the forward main wheels a little lower, as I recalled reading somewhere that the game automatically makes those move, and it worked perfectly! All I'd need to do now is make a decent model with textures and an LOD. Here's the test I did:

Any suggestions for making planes work best would be appreciated! Especially where lighting is concerned, as I don't know if it's the same as with buildings.
    • By ESP15
      The Hearst Tower is a building with the addresses of 300 West 57th Street and 959 Eighth Avenue,[2] near Columbus Circle, in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It is the world headquarters of Hearst Communications, housing the numerous publications and communications companies of the media conglomerate under one roof, including, among others, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, Good Housekeeping, and Seventeen.

The six-story base of the headquarters building was commissioned by the founder, William Randolph Hearst, and awarded to the architect Joseph Urban. The building was completed in 1928[3] at a cost of $2 million and contained 40,000 square feet (3,700 m2). The original cast stone facade has been preserved in the new design as a designated Landmark site. Originally built as the base for a proposed skyscraper, the construction of the tower was postponed due to the Great Depression. The new tower addition was completed nearly eighty years later, and 2,000 Hearst employees moved in on June 26, 2006.

Is a Landmark version.
      I'm sorry for my failure to load. I have done it again and I hope it will work now. I hope you like it.
      thanks for everything!

Model sourced from the 3D Warehouse, created by Google Geo Models.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.
    • I do plan on doing more to these lots, I'm am looking for some tree and plants props, I did place car props but that don't seem to come up maybe try redoing. I also plan on do more gat station by Deadwood. And a little more of B62. 
    • Haha! Thanks @T Wrecks - I have visited that site plenty of times before, it is very good for a laugh, but had forgotten about it for a while. There's also this one which shows just the opposite end of the hell-spectrum: http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/
    • It's good to have yo on board as a lotter, and even better to see old models aren't that forsaken after all. For the fist one (which I like best model-wise), the base texture is not ideal IMO, however. It blurs with the roof of the shop building, makes it hard to tell what's going on on the lot, and it also contrasts very strongly with the modeled concrete around the petrol pumps. I think a very light grey would complement the buildings a bit better. The second one is similar, plus I think it the lot may be somewhat big for the building. All of the lots could use some more props - maybe a fence around the back, some parked cars, the odd oil drum here or there, maybe some crates and/or a dumpster behind the building, or a trashcan somewhere... deadwoods has made some really neat servo station props for his "Deadwoods Petrol" series that you could also use to great effect. As it stands, the lots look kinda barren and deserted. Since you're using SHK's textures & props anyway, you could also try to get some more mileage out of them; perhaps by putting some defined parking spots near the shop building. But most importantly, have fun and keep 'em coming!