• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

Build Electric Power Lines with this mod! Make your city even more realistic and functional! 

Features:

- Medium voltage Power Line (High voltage Power Line coming soon);

- Create lines any patterns: straight, square, arced, curvy and circle as roads (You can choose a necessary type in menu "Roads");

It is not a decoration! These lines transfer energy. Simply connect it from one road to another.

You can find Medium voltage Power Line in menu "Power".

This is an OFFLINE-ONLY mod.

How to install:

Unzip the files, copy and paste the .package files into your SimCityData folder.

Enjoy!

Regional Electric Power Lines should be used only with the main mod "Electric Power Lines".

Also, if you'd like to help my modding, you can donate here. Thank you so much.

What's New in Version 1.1   See Changelog

Released

• Fixed the incompatibility with Railway Catenary by Oppie;
  • Fixed some mistakes at the intersections;
  • Added Regional and Waterway lines.

poom29 likes this

User Feedback

You amazing guy! How did you make these?

All I know is that you've accomplish what I've been wanting to make for a while....

Just so I'm aware, these actually transfer power? How do they connect to the roads/buildings? I think some clarification is needed. :)

The mod should function exactly as advertised, and the power lines are amazing.

The only thing I'd ask for is some height and color variation. These aren't too modern, but maybe some red power lines like SimCity 4 could be in version 1.1/1.2.

10.229/10 (+ 0.229 points for newness!)

MaxvSk likes this

Share this comment

You amazing guy! How did you make these?

All I know is that you've accomplish what I've been wanting to make for a while....

Just so I'm aware, these actually transfer power? How do they connect to the roads/buildings? I think some clarification is needed. :)

The mod should function exactly as advertised, and the power lines are amazing.

The only thing I'd ask for is some height and color variation. These aren't too modern, but maybe some red power lines like SimCity 4 could be in version 1.1/1.2.

10.229/10 (+ 0.229 points for newness!)

Thank you so much! Lines are connected to roads.

About color. I think I will make a better textures's color. Thank you for your feedback again ;)

chio3846 likes this

Share this comment

Do these replace the electric current under the roads? 

No, and that would be a bit redundant, taking away something Maxis remade the game for, and something all buildings need to actually function. :)

These just act as roads which can only carry power agents and nothing more. (Right, MaxvSk?)

Share this comment

Nice mod, but it conflicts with the Electrified railway (catenary) mod by oppie. I hope you will fix this :D

Thanks for this information!

UPD: Fixed.

Share this comment

This will help with my energy problems! Thanks for the great mod. I always get great things out if you! Keep up the good work. And do these go over water by any chance? Just wondering.

Share this comment

This will help with my energy problems! Thanks for the great mod. I always get great things out if you! Keep up the good work. And do these go over water by any chance? Just wondering.

Thanks for the feedback!

You can use Regional Water lines! 

Share this comment

This looks great but wasn't sure which file to download and so downloaded both? I have just bought the new game and don't quite understand it yet. Suppose I'll learn!

Share this comment

This looks great but wasn't sure which file to download and so downloaded both? I have just bought the new game and don't quite understand it yet. Suppose I'll learn!

If you want to use these roads with Project Orion, you should use both files (ordinary + Regional). If you want to build in the city only (without Region), you can use only ordinary file.

Share this comment

I don't have the SimCityData folder or whatever it is.

either that or I have no idea how to get to it.  Can you guys help me try to find it?

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we'd love to be able to do some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution is so meaningful, every dollar counts! Hardware Upgrades We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our ageing server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

In order to conserve resources, we've disabled the global chatbar at the bottom of the site. Instead, the Chat can be accessed by clicking the top navigation tab. It will launch a new window. If you're not seeing this behavior, try clearing your browser's cache.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Shroomblaze
      Thank you to all the people who help make this game possible! Colossal Order, Paradox Interactive and all the Cities Skylines fans who made the community what it is today! I was going through a very dark time in my life and if it wasn't for this game I would probably still be in a hell hole of a life wishing I was dead. You gave me that faith in myself again and I'm eternally grateful! Bless your Lives with Love and Great Friendships! Nothing Is Impossible, for in that word you have "Im Possible". Start Living with Love and your Highest Dreams Now!

• By RandyE
      On the STEX you'll find several different kinds of power plants representing a variety of post-doctorate theses on the advance of energy technology.  The Energy Data Packaging Plant represents my contribution to the plausible power plants collection.
      This plant packs more energy data into subatomic particles. Nuclear structure remains intact and the laws of thermodynamics are not broken, you just get more "bang" for your boson, thus, the Energy Data Packaging Plant generates 4X the power of the hydrogen fusion core using the wind turbine as its examplar.  H2O is produced equal to the volume of a large water pump.
      Well-educated technicians and maximum funding are recommended as a 2 picosecond delay before the acceleration of light must be maintained to prevent a supernova reaction.
      All props and lighting are Maxis dependent.
      INSTALL:  Add the 'Energy Data Packaging Plant' folder containing the lot file to your 'User\ Documents\ SimCity 4\ Plugins' folder.
      I shall start with a small recycling centre in the middle of some rural suburbs.

Another one would be the hydroelectric dam I created in Faverdale.

• By RandyE
      An application for post-nuclear technological civilization.
      8 (width) x 4 (depth) Lot Size. Power and Water produced: 8,000,000 MWh/ Gal. per hr.  Water Treatment and Recycling: 1,000,000/ 60%,   Maintenance Cost: 0, Monthly Income: 50000. Landmark and Park Effect: 10 over 20,  Pollution Reduction -10 over 50.  Transit and Network enabled.  Maxis Night Lighting. Location: Power Menu, Business Deals, Trash Presort Ordinance
      The textures file below is no longer a dependency. I've extracted the 4 metal textures and included them in the folder containing the lot.  If the texture file below is used then delete the 'BaseTexturesElements_Metal.dat' (40K) file in the 'Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant' folder as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  (The metals textures .dat file may be freely used and included in works other than for the purpose of this lot.)
      Dependencies:  Base Textures Vol 1 Elements for metal base textures.
      NO DEPENDENCIES
      FOLDER: Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant
      There are now 2 sub-folders containing 2 versions of the power plant, one has the 50K business deal, and the other has a 50K cost for plopping the lot but no business deal.  Use either the 50K PlopCost folder or 50K BusDeal, not both.  Select one and delete the other. The lots are copies of each other so the game will not separate them into independent lots. Neither have maintenance costs.

Description:

What this power plant (hypothetically) does is filter neutrinos from the origin of the universe that are the background static before all construct of atomic matter.  The series of high power super-cooled magnetic plates slow down the neutrinos until they exert inertial force which is converted to thermal energy driving electric generator turbines.
      For the electric power needs of the entire world, only one of these plants is required as its capability of generation of power vastly exceeds what the demand would ever be for civilization on Earth. 
      This power plant requires no use of any other fuel and produces no waste or radioactivity.  There are no costs involved in either construction or maintenance as the power plant, once operating, eliminates the need for any form of abstract valuation of property, labor or resources.   There are no security risks in the operation of this power plant as there is no excess of source, transmission or storage of energy.     
      Dedicated in memory of March, 11, 2011.
      Install:
      To install first open the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder and choose one of the versions, delete the other sub-folder.   Copy and paste the Cosmic Neutrino Power Plant folder into your User\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
    • By CorinaMarie
      I have this little HP Compaq 6000 Pro Small Form Factor PC which has a tiny 240 watt non-upgradeable power supply. (Proprietary design.) I plan to add a 2nd Sata hard drive which is still within the power limits. However, I also want to add the new GeForce GT 710 2048MB DDR3 PCI-E 2.0 Low Profile Video Card I bought. That's going to overload the power supply. According to the OuterVision® Power Supply Calculator I could unplug the DVD writer and get back within its limits, but I'd rather not go that route. (And the DVD drive was manufactured May, 2010 so it doesn't likely comply with Sata 3.1 standard which would power it down when not in use.)
      So, my idea is to buy some of these StarTech 6in 4 Pin Molex to SATA Power Cable Adapters and connect those to a separate ATX power supply for both hard drives and the DVD. (Yes, I know which pins to tie together on the 20 pin ATX main power connector to make it power up.)
      ( @rsc204 and others) Thoughts?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments