About This File
The fusion power plant cheat is comprehensive and requires EP1 (Cities of Tomorrow). You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of the fusion power plant.
All of the cheats reduce resource requirements while greatly increasing desired output. Usable only in single player mode.
The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:
Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).
Advanced Fusion Reactor
Fusion Reactor Level
Fusion Power Plant
Standard Fusion Reactor
What this mod does:
- No plop or maintenance cost
- Water requirements greatly reduced (from 38,000 to 38).
- Garbage requirements zeroed out.
- Controlnet set to a requirement of 1 for each component (for a maximum of 4).
- Amount of power needed to jump-start the plant set to 1 watt.
- Power plant output is at default levels
- Wave fusion power plant
You will experience the normal duration (~ 30 seconds) for your city to recover from charging the plant, despite power jump-start requirement being only 1 watt, with the surrounding buildings losing power, etc.
You will also still experience the plant's negative effects on desirability in the area.
Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages. If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.
If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.
If you use this file, delete and replop any existing fusion power plants. Same holds true if you remove the file.
What's New in Version 1.3
- 1.0 Initial Upload
- 1.01 The advertised and actual output amounts of the standard fusion reactor now match (1.5 gigawatts).
- 1.1 Re-did the power distribution, returning to the default power levels / settings in a bid to stabilize the power output. I left intact the ability to crank up the fusion power plant with just a single watt of power from another facility, as well as reduced water, garbage, and controlnet.
- 1.2 Wow. You can now populate, prior to cranking up the power plant, 3 advanced fusion reactors. Was able to power them up with just 1.1 megawatts to spare from a solar plant (see screenshots). Starting the plant now is VERY fast. The "i'm cranking up" progress bar doesn't even have time to populate before you're up and running. Power output unchanged. You'll have a moment when the town shows buildings without power, as with the default fusion plant, but does not last as long as previously. I also watched the power production for a while, no fluctuations.
- 1.3 Removed properties relating to the Elite MegaTower Fusion Level, which has absolutely nothing to do with the Fusion Power Plant. No other changes.