• Moose

Cheat: Education (Single Player Only) 1.05

(5.00)    (7 Reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

The education cheat is comprehensive and requires just the base game. You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of education, including the individual buildings of the university, grade school/high school classrooms, and buses.

All of the cheats reduce resource requirements while greatly increasing desired output. Usable only in single player mode.

** It's recommended that you tear down existing education facilities if you use this mod.

The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:

Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).

Classrooms (grade school)

Classrooms (high school)

College Sign

Community College

Dormitory

Extension Wing (Community College)

Grade School

Grade School Sign

Gymnasium

High School

High School Sign

Public Library

School Bus

School Bus Lot (grade school)

School Bus Lot (high school)

School Bus Stop

Schools of Business, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Science

University

University Sign

What this mod does:

• Number of workers required to start operating set to 1.
  • No plop or maintenance cost
  • Power and water requirements greatly reduced.
  • Garbage requirements zeroed out.
  • Increases capacity of the library to 1,000.
  • Increases capacity for buses to 300 students per bus.
  • Increases capacity of the school bus stop to 300 students.
  • Increases number of buses per bus lot to 20 buses per lot.
  • Increases capacity for classrooms to a maximum of 9500 for grade school and 10,000 for high school. 
  • Increases capacity for the gymnasium to 50,000.
  • Increases capacity for the university to 8,000 students and 5,000 students per each university school (education, medicine, science, etc.).
  • Increases capacity for the university dorms to 5,000 per dorm building.
  • Increases capacity for the community college to 5,000 and its extension wing to 5,000.
  • Sets university research requirement costs to 1 simolean per researched item.
  • Research for all university projects now only require 1 student each, making research time nearly non-existent.

Not affected:

• Job counts
  • Museums
  • Flagpoles
  • University pedestrian roads

Note:

High school has a base number of students at 8,000 and each classroom an additional 2,500, but maxes out at 10k.

To use:

Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages.  If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.

If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.

If you use this file, delete and replop any existing education facilities. Same holds true if you remove the file.

What's New in Version 1.05

Released

• 1.0 Initial Upload
  • 1.01 Fixed a power fluctuation with the grade school.
  • 1.02 Changed power consumption rate back to the default of 72 to address a potential power fluctuation with the main module of the university. The amount of power being consumed has not changed, it's still its low value from the original release of the mod. If you are using 1.01, please bulldoze and replop the university. If you see no power fluctuations, don't worry about downloading 1.02.
  • 1.03 Fixed the name of the education package as it appears in the RAR file. Sorry about that.
  • 1.04 Made the same type of fix to the high school for a potential power fluctuation as I made in 1.02 for the university. I also double-checked the remaining components prior to this release to be sure they were okay. I did not have to destroy/replop for changes to take effect. If you already have the script files in your directory, you only need the education file. I had one more momentary power fluctuation after restarting the game, but it did not reappear after that.
  • 1.05 All university research projects now only require 1 educated student, so research is nearly instantaneous.

1 person likes this

User Feedback

Right on, I was going to ask for this, but I didn't want to bother you... yet.

Thank you for getting this deployed.

Share this comment

Welcome, glad you like it.  I probably will not be releasing a transportation mod.  I am working on one for myself, but there are many mods for transportation that are done really well, and transportation has a lot of moving parts (excuse the pun).

Share this comment

If I download this will I need to demolish and re plop all the bus stops in my city and the schools/library's? Or just the schools/library's?

Share this comment

You're probably better off demolishing them than not, but you can skip demolishing them and see if you get weirdness.

Share this comment

Also are you planning on doing an academy/omega one of these? How about a power one? Maybe a stadium/megatower one?

Share this comment

Megatower, no.  I don't know the mechanics well enough to delve into that.  I've built a wind power plant, but I'm still testing it.

Share this comment

Also, as far as Omego goes, since my fire, hospital, and police mods give you 500 drones per hangar, and you get 2 hangars, you can plop 1,000 drones per each facility without ever creating an Omega factory, and should you run through a thousand drones, you can always destroy the hangar and replop it and boom, another thousand.  I purposefully set the drone count that high so that I'd never have to mess with creating Omega.

Share this comment

Yeah Omega mods are buggy at best. I still have yet to see one that either works or does what would be helpful. Like for example, the consumption rate of Omega is just out of this world brutal.

Thanx for the tip about the drone hangers, I never thought about doing that.

Share this comment

Is any1 getting education level? Since i add on the mod, my education level became 0. I've built all the scholl and university.

Share this comment

I'm loving this mod! It's perfect. :D One thing: i noticed that my university keeps losing power intermittently. For about 10 -15 mins game time, i keep being told that the university has no power. It does come back on eventually, but it's quite strange. My electricity plant is definitely creating power, and it's ONLY the university that gives me this message. 

The only mods I am using are you single player offline ones for Education, Fire, Police, Hospital and Garbage. 

Share this comment

I'm loving this mod! It's perfect. :D One thing: i noticed that my university keeps losing power intermittently. For about 10 -15 mins game time, i keep being told that the university has no power. It does come back on eventually, but it's quite strange. My electricity plant is definitely creating power, and it's ONLY the university that gives me this message. 

The only mods I am using are you single player offline ones for Education, Fire, Police, Hospital and Garbage. 

I haven't been experiencing that.  Did you demolish your existing university first?  I will monitor the university's power levels.

Glad you like the mods :)

Share this comment

I haven't been experiencing that.  Did you demolish your existing university first?  I will monitor the university's power levels.

Glad you like the mods :)

I used the mods with a new game, no existing services/education in it. (Also, I did the create game, save the city, exit game, then go back in). 

I removed the Education mod, and played a new game with the existing university etc, and didn't get any power outages at all. 

I couldn't work out what was causing it - the power outages for education was definitely only happening with the Education mod installed and used. (and I only play offline, not online) 

I have your Power Fusion plant mod too - but I honestly can't remember now if I was using that power plant at the time. :(

Share this comment

Ok, I've made a minor minor tweak and re-issued the education package.  Download, destroy existing, replop, restart game, see what happens.  With this new tweak, I added the main university module, watched power for a while, added the next, watched power, etc., until I built the entire university.  Did that both with and without my fusion power plant.  I never saw the lightning symbol over the university that it was starved for power, just the normal 1-2 second dimming of the power from yellow to orange and then back again, which all buildings can experience.

Let me know if that helps.  If you already have the simcity packages in the folder, you don't need to put those in there again, just the education package.

Thanks.

Share this comment

Ok... Late to the Mod... But I'm not getting it to work for me...  Installed it as directed then deleted HS to begin testing things...  Created new HS only... Max students is 800, 2 bus only will pick up 80 students...  Played a bit and those stats held true as my HS couldn't accommodate more that 800 students... Added a classroom module that got the max to be 1800.  Good...  But the buses only still pick up 80 students.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!!

Share this comment

I have the mod installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages

Perhaps where you installed it might be an issue?

Share this comment