• Moose

Cheat: Education (Single Player Only) 1.05

(5.00)    (7 Reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

The education cheat is comprehensive and requires just the base game. You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of education, including the individual buildings of the university, grade school/high school classrooms, and buses.

All of the cheats reduce resource requirements while greatly increasing desired output. Usable only in single player mode.

** It's recommended that you tear down existing education facilities if you use this mod.

The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:

Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).

Classrooms (grade school)

Classrooms (high school)

College Sign

Community College

Dormitory

Extension Wing (Community College)

Grade School

Grade School Sign

Gymnasium

High School

High School Sign

Public Library

School Bus

School Bus Lot (grade school)

School Bus Lot (high school)

School Bus Stop

Schools of Business, Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine, Science

University

University Sign

What this mod does:

• Number of workers required to start operating set to 1.
  • No plop or maintenance cost
  • Power and water requirements greatly reduced.
  • Garbage requirements zeroed out.
  • Increases capacity of the library to 1,000.
  • Increases capacity for buses to 300 students per bus.
  • Increases capacity of the school bus stop to 300 students.
  • Increases number of buses per bus lot to 20 buses per lot.
  • Increases capacity for classrooms to a maximum of 9500 for grade school and 10,000 for high school. 
  • Increases capacity for the gymnasium to 50,000.
  • Increases capacity for the university to 8,000 students and 5,000 students per each university school (education, medicine, science, etc.).
  • Increases capacity for the university dorms to 5,000 per dorm building.
  • Increases capacity for the community college to 5,000 and its extension wing to 5,000.
  • Sets university research requirement costs to 1 simolean per researched item.
  • Research for all university projects now only require 1 student each, making research time nearly non-existent.

Not affected:

• Job counts
  • Museums
  • Flagpoles
  • University pedestrian roads

Note:

High school has a base number of students at 8,000 and each classroom an additional 2,500, but maxes out at 10k.

To use:

Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages.  If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.

If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.

If you use this file, delete and replop any existing education facilities. Same holds true if you remove the file.

What's New in Version 1.05

Released

• 1.0 Initial Upload
  • 1.01 Fixed a power fluctuation with the grade school.
  • 1.02 Changed power consumption rate back to the default of 72 to address a potential power fluctuation with the main module of the university. The amount of power being consumed has not changed, it's still its low value from the original release of the mod. If you are using 1.01, please bulldoze and replop the university. If you see no power fluctuations, don't worry about downloading 1.02.
  • 1.03 Fixed the name of the education package as it appears in the RAR file. Sorry about that.
  • 1.04 Made the same type of fix to the high school for a potential power fluctuation as I made in 1.02 for the university. I also double-checked the remaining components prior to this release to be sure they were okay. I did not have to destroy/replop for changes to take effect. If you already have the script files in your directory, you only need the education file. I had one more momentary power fluctuation after restarting the game, but it did not reappear after that.
  • 1.05 All university research projects now only require 1 educated student, so research is nearly instantaneous.

poom29 likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

BECKITCHO

0 of 1 member found this review helpful 0 / 1 member

Share this review

Link to review
stratos936

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
SimmsCity

Share this review

Link to review
Alar1994

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/01/2017

We've had to spend on a few extra things for May but you guys have been great in helping us reach those goals! We're still just a bit shy,  if you can help out with a donation, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RafaPi
      How can a convert any building into a school?
    • By mattb325
      Eddy Hall, Minnesota, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by a picture posted by a member of Simtropolis, the real Eddy Hall was constructed in 1886 as the Mechanic Arts Building for the University of Minnesota.
      The actual building is a simplified Queen Anne style executed in red-brick and red sandstone trim. The square tower which is slightly offset from the centre of the building dominates the frontage; it, together with the multi-gabled roof, large windows, patterned brick panels and wrough iron cresting make this a charming, eye catching building.
      This version is not a 100% accurate copy, but it is true to the language of the architectural style of the original building and this is simply one that I made for myself, but have decided to share with the community.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services (3x2 and 3x3...there is always an insatiable need for CS§§§ in game) and a ploppable College on a 4x4 lot, which is found in the Education Menu.
      STATS CS§§§:
      Lot size :                  3x2 & 3x3
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §610
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 975, CS§§ 246, CS§§§100
      Pollution:                  6 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    249 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

STATS COLLEGE:
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         Ploppable; Plop Cost §1,650
      Bulldoze Cost:         §140
      Catalogue Capacity:  4,000
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Coverage Radius:     5,600
      EQ Boost:                  24
      Power Consumed:   6 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    23 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:      Civic; Strikable Education; College
      Cost:                           §650
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *SHK_ParkingPack.dat (

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!

• By IDS2
      Rapson Library is an early 60s academic building based heavily on the University of Minnesota's Rapson Hall, located on the east bank of the Twin Cities campus. It is named for modernist architect Ralph Rapson, who was the head of the university's architecture department from 1954 to 1984. Though Rapson was responsible for a sizeable number of modernist works, perhaps he is best known for his Riverside Plaza apartment complex, which received mainstream attention when it was featured in the Mary Tyler Moore Show. To be clear, the real-world Rapson Hall was not designed by Ralph Rapson, but rather by Thorshov and Cerny, another Minneapolis-based firm.
      As the title suggests, I have modded this building as a library. One dependency is required - Volume 1 of the Cycledogg BSC texture pack. As always, I have included two options for the night scene: one that fits with the game's default night mode, and one that makes use of Simfox's delightful darknite mod.
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• In case you're interested this is what I've got after extracting and installing the appropriate files.  Really no difference at all compared to when I first wrote you.
    • Do you know whether or not this file is compatible with SC4 on Steam?  I extracted the .7Z file and installed the files and I've still got nothing but a big blank lot.
    • Ahh, gotcha.  I'm using a Mac.  So the .7z file needs to be extracted.  That part I wasn't aware of, I just loaded the 7z file into my plugins folder.  I'll give it a shot!  Thanks!
    • Thought you might know it, but it was worth a shot. Ah yes, those real-estate photos - I had, in fact, seen an article about that blog somewhere and nearly forgotten about it afterwards, but then my sister gave me a tear-off calendar for Christmas: every day a horrible picture and a great one-liner. I love that stuff.
    • @nycsc4 ... This file should only include the texture and lot files - due to copyright reasons I have to link to anything that is not mine (the stadium in this case). I'm not sure what you mean by the "invisible KS file." On the OneDrive, there is a button for KS_AllianzArena 15x12 which once downloaded, will give a *.7z file. If you're using the default windows extractor, it may be a problem (not sure if it can handle 7zip files or not), but something like winrar should unzip it just fine. The .desc and .model files you need will be right there. Let me know if that's not working for you.