• Moose

Cheat: Water (Single Player Only) 1.1

(5.00)    (6 Reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

The water cheat is comprehensive and requires both the base game and EP1 (Cities of Tomorrow).  You may experience issues if you have also installed other mods that affect any aspect of water.

The package file modifies the following instances, and for that reason, may prove incompatible with other mods that do the same:

Modified instances: (see screenshot for SimCityPak).

Basic Water Pump

Filtration Pump

Hydro Pumping Station

Water Pumping Station

Water Tower

Water Treatment Plant

What this mod does:

• If you plop the water pumping station and add a single filtration pump to it, then over time, the water table will first stabilize, and then grow.  See screenshots.
  • Greatly increased the pumping station's output.
  • Number of workers required to start operating set to 1.
  • No plop or maintenance cost for any other water facility (tower / hydropump).

To use:

Place all files in SimCity\SimCityUserData\Packages.  If you already have the script files, you don't need to put them in there again, just the included package file.

If you start a new region, what I find I must do is start the region, save it, quit the game, and then re-start for any mods to work the first time, even other people's mods that I've downloaded here.

If you use this file, delete and replop any existing water facilities. Same holds true if you remove the file.

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

• 1.0 Initial Upload
  • 1.1 I had to get more aggressive with how I was flooding the water table for how much industry was using. The water pumps are still 80kgal/hour, but the water filter is now 120kgal/hour (used to be also 80). Use 1.1 of my water mod with 1.1 of my sewage mod, and the water table will flood fairly quickly (you can start to see a positive difference in approximately 10 minutes), especially if they're plopped next to each other. I recommend just 1 tank and 1 filter for the water plant, and 1 filter tank for the treatment plant.

poom29 likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

red467

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
VERMINORD

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
BECKITCHO

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By ReshiramLover
      I accidentally named a city the same name as a city that is already in the region, and I already built on all the land (small city), so I tried the WhereRUFrom cheat but it is not working properly

I tried renaming 'Zekrom Black' to 'Van Buren' but when I type into the cheat window, WhereRUFrom Van Buren, it names the city "Van" not "Van Buren" The city name is incomplete.

How do I fix this?
    • By RandyE
      This lot has been tested in-game, it was found that at least 2 of them are required to almost completely reduce pollution across a large tile as well as to provide water across a grid of pipes covering the whole tile.  It was tested also with the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Modd.  Use the Data View and Cheetah Speed to monitor changes in water supply, air and water pollution.  The pump is programmed to consume a very small amount of water so plop the pump in a non-polluted area as tests indicate it will not immediately clean its own base area and may fail to operate. 
      Location: Water Menu under Utilities Menu, and Power Menu for 1x1 Generator
      You must connect both the large water pump and the sewage treatment connectors to realize both the effect of the radical volume of water and the treatment.  The large water pump is the re-lot that will appear in the water utilities.   The dual purpose is combined into one lot with its own unique menu icon. 
      Stats:
      Lot Size: 5 (width) by 6 (depth)
      Water Produced and Treated: 1,000,000 cubic meters per hour.
      Pollution Reduction: -1200 over 300 
      Plop Cost: 25,000§
      Maintenance Cost: 10§
      Jobs: 15§, 290§§, 15§§§
      Moderate Landmark and Park Effect. 
      Transit and Network Enabled
      Power Consumed:  200 MWh (megawatt hours)
      Dependency: Included base texture .dat file.
      Maxis Night-lighting
      FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction V1
      File: List of Alternate Water Systems.txt
      File: Preview and Install.html
      File: Readme.txt
      SUB-FOLDER: Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction
      This is the folder inside the unzipped title folder to be placed in your User\Documents\SimCity 4\ Plugins folder.  It contains 2 files: 1. the Radical_Water_Pump.SC4Lot, and 2. the BaseTexturesElements_RadicalWaterPump.dat file with base textures extracted from my Vol.1 Base Textures Elements package.  If you use the larger package then delete the smaller .dat file included as the textures don't need to be loaded twice.  The larger package is linked below:
      Base Textures Vol 1.1: Elements, for SC4 1.1.0
      SUB-FOLDER: 500 MWh Power Generator 1x1
      File: RadicalWaterPump_PowerGenerator.SC4Lot
      I've added a 1x1 lot to generate power for the water pump.  If you use the Data View Moisture Mod to locate a high volume of water it may be in a remote area, otherwise a non-polluted area may also be in a remote area.  The power generator is equal to 2½ times the wind power plant.
      Previews:
      The 2nd preview shows the progressive reduction of air pollution; the reduction of water pollution is about the same. The test city has 2 heavy industry areas and congested traffic generating severe pollution over the entire tile. A third radical water pump would completely eliminate both across the entire tile.
      The 3rd preview shows at bottom Cori's Data View of Moisture mod which uses the radiation data view to show changes in moisture from rainfall.  In more complicated terrain the moisture data view is useful to see where to place water pumps which depend on aquifers. The mod is linked below:
      Cori's DataView - Moisture v 2017.01.22 by @CorinaMarie
      The top 2 frames show the progressive increase of water-flow over the entire tile.   Water pipes are tedious to place in large tiles requiring about a 30x30 grid.  To make the task of watering the tile easier use the Utility Radius and Traffic Pollution Reduction Modd by RalphaelNinja linked below:
      UtilityRadius TrafPollution Modd by @RalphaelNinja
      The last preview is of this .SC4Lot in production in the Lot Editor for anyone who has enjoyed using SC4 as a design tool, creating .SC4 city tiles, and who may be considering taking the next step of creating .SC4Lot files.  Using Lot Editor is not much more complicated.  Below is the tutorial that got me started almost a year ago.
      Lot Editor: Beginner's Tutorial by @jbbry232
      INSTALL:
      To install copy and paste the Radical Water Pump and Pollution Reduction folder into your User\Documents \SimCity 4\Plugins folder. 
      To also install the power generator copy and paste the 500 MWh Power Generator 1x1 folder into the folder above.
    • By SimCoug
      Description:
      I came across a discussion in the forums a little while back of somebody asking about a well lot to use as a water source.  Well (pun intended), I got to thinking, that might be really useful... I know I could certainly use something like that.  So here you are - two simple ground well lots that have the exact same properties as the Maxis water tower.  One of the lots includes a base texture and has more of a rural look.  The other is simply the well with no base texture or props... you can add MMPs to give it whatever look you desire.  Feel free to use one or the other (or both)... 

Dependencies:
      None!  (I can't believe I just wrote that)

Installation:
      Simply unzip the file and put the entire 'SimCougs Little Well' folder in your plugins.  If you wish to use only one of the lots, simply delete the one you don't need.  

Developer notes: 
      This was really a one-off, simple lot... everything is Maxis based.  I created it in a couple hours (including testing).  If you run into any strangeness, please leave me a comment here.     

Support:
      For questions regarding this set, please feel free to visit my Lot Development Thread (SimCoug's Lot Den).

Special Thanks:
      Maxis, you darn sonuvagun... great looking props!
    • By thingfishs
      Hi,
      I'm aware of the regular water and beach mods out there, aided in no small part by CorinaMarie's fantastic guides: here, but when it comes to the "inshore" stretch of water (as it's defined by Rivit in his beach mod), I don't really know how to search for available options (what do you search for??). I mostly use the green inshore option from Rivit's pack:

which I love, but when a situation calls for something a little different (beyond the options in Rivit's pack), I don't really know where to look...
      Can anyone point me in the direction of some alternatives?
      Cheers,
      Ryan.
    • By huzman
      May NOT be a flaw. The standard use of n-coordinates is that the y--coordinate is used for East-West or vice-versa. The x--coordinate is for the North-South or vice-versa. These are in the same flat plane. The z--coordinate is used for heights. Values can be positive or negative. But I don't know if these conventions are hard wired, or if they can be interactive.
      To get back to this topic, I noticed that the TerrainQuery  cheat is using the z--coordinate as the x--coordinate. The little pic explains it better:
      (from Wikipedia)
      This little glitch baffled me for a good while until I checked the cheat's values with a gray map height levels. They correspond rightly.
      EDIT: I wrote "cheat is using the z--coordinate as the x--coordinate". It should be "cheat is using the z--coordinate as the y--coordinate" as @CorinaMarie rightly pointed this out in a post below.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments