• Moose

8 Screenshots

About This File

Version 1.1 new item in the Landmark menu

The Berlin TV tower or "Berliner Fernsehturm" are a television tower in central Berlin, Germany. The TV Tower is easily visible throughout the central and some suburban districts of Berlin. With its height of 368 meters, it is the tallest structure and a very famous landmark in Germany.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin

see also the needed properties for other new landmarks

http://i.imgur.com/ux3GeOm.jpg

FEATURES
- new Landmark item

- all LOD support
- new Lot size
- new layout of the ground texture
- new Light settings

I created the TV tower Mod before the modern small fire station Mod.

If you notice any problems, please report them in the comments and I will look at the issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support :)

Tobse

Author: Tobias Ralew - www.tobs-design.de
License: CC Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
You may modify and re-distribute these mod files only with appropriate credit given.

Warning
- Modifying files is still experimental and might lead to city rollbacks
- There is no official statement from Maxis or EA about using mods, so use at your own risk
- For more information on EA mod policy:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9729407.page

Special thanks to Oppie, creator of SimCityPak: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/

SimValera Review:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cyNktUQOssg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CapTons Review:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y-zAM2cKZao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

• 1.1 - new menu item (new Landmark in the game)
  • 1.0 - first release

1 person likes this

User Feedback

Amazing! I love retexture mods! 5/5

coolTHX :) but I re used the Maxis texture.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

:O Amazing, Tobse! One of the first mods in a while, and a VERY AWESOME CUSTOM MOD. Please keep more buildings coming, if that's not too much to ask.

You should consult Oppie on making the tower separate from the Tokyo Tower. Other than that, amazing!

5/5

1 person likes this

Share this comment

:O Amazing, Tobse! One of the first mods in a while, and a VERY AWESOME CUSTOM MOD. Please keep more buildings coming, if that's not too much to ask.

You should consult Oppie on making the tower separate from the Tokyo Tower. Other than that, amazing!

5/5

THANK YOU :) yeah I will

1 person likes this

Share this comment

It's great to see new content. Thank you very much.

Oppie and xoxide have both released new buiildings that don't replace existing buildings. They should both be able to help you with this.

Share this comment

This might be your second mod, but it's amazing! Keep up the good work! You're great at this!

Thanky you very much,yeah I had really fun about that project.

Share this comment

Wow! That is amazing! It looks stunning! O_O Great job! And just on the anniversary :D

THX yeah right :) the fall of the Berlin Wall

Share this comment

My God! The first independet building! Please can someone start making the replasements for the residential and commercial buildings??

Share this comment

I just can't wait for individual BAT's to come out, but this man has come closer than anyone!

Bravo!

Share this comment

I just can't wait for individual BAT's to come out, but this man has come closer than anyone!

Bravo!

Thanks cool :)

Share this comment

great job. but I feel just little sadness because I'm Jap.

THX

I like also the Tokyo tower and I'm also sad that I can not add a new landmark to the SimCity World (to the game menu) but I promise I will fix that.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Really nice work! You should ask Danny about how to make the landmark a new building rather than a replacement.

2 people like this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Hi Simtropolians,

I'm building my home town, Berlin, with the help of your many mods and assets (I am using 70+ mods and 600+ assets). I started playing Cities:Skylines about 2 months ago and I'm enthused by the activity happening here and in the Steam Workshop. Thank you guys! 

I'm endeavoring to add some of my own custom assets to the Workshop, but I'm new to the entire process. I'm good at photoshop, but I suck at Blender! I booted blender for the first time last week, so I'm at the rough end of a steep learning curve. You guys have been very helpful to get me over a few stumbling points. Now I'm getting ready to publish a couple of items and I'd like to run them by you first. I'm trying to start simple, but even simple objectives seem to morph into week-long efforts. Please let me know how my work can be improved.

I've got a Checkpoint Charlie cooking (check my screenshot stream on steam or on twitter, if you're interested), but let's start with the Rosinenbomber from the Deutsches Technikmuseum:

I found a DC-3 model by Giovanni E and lifted it to the top of the stock library with some prop anarchy:

I was happy to find a DC-3, but the model has some texture problems (the illumination map is always fully on) because it's an old model and was probably made before After Dark. In wanting to fix the lighting problem, I wound up re-texturing the entire model to specifically be the famous Berlin C-47 "Rosinenbomber," as well as adding some propellers.

It's starting to look decent in-game, but I still have some shadowing issues that I'm working on around the windows.

I'd like to improve the body texture so that it looks more silvery and less white in the sun (I'm using PhotoReal3 LUT and Daylight Classic mods).

Here are my current diffuse and spec maps:

How would I go about improving the look of the body surface? I'd like it to be more shiny and silvery.

My next question is, what is a good approach to make the LOD model?

Thx for looking & thx in advance for your suggestions.
      -Ami
    • By Takingyouthere

This entry will not be an update of any particular area of my region but rather It'll be about my BAT project. To follow future developments in the project place check out the ToS project BAT thread or the progress report update.

I've always had an interest in skyscrapers from the time I was little. It's the reason why I was originally drawn to the city simulation genre in the first place. I'm sure many of you can say the same. However I differ from the norm in that I also have an interest in other tall non-highrise structures.
      Be it a skyscraper, observation tower or even a smoke smokestack, I appreciate tall structures all the same. The reasons for this is because of where I'm from. While we do have a pretty decent skyline here in Toronto, undoubtedly the single most impressive part of the skyline is our observation tower. For those not familiar with it, the CN Tower, with a height of 1,815ft / 553.33m, was the tallest freestanding structure in the world for over 30 years(from 1976 to 2007).
      CN tower under construction

Only the Empire State Building has reigned over a height title(post industrial era) for a longer period of time. Needless to say it's something we're quite proud of, much in the same way as a skyscraper aficionado's from New York or Chicago(or elsewhere) are proud of their distinctive skyscrapers and record holders. I would not have been any more impressed with the structure if it were a buildings instead. If not for the fact it already came with the game, I certainly would of tried batting this landmark.
      Another thing that influenced my perception was the neighborhood where I grew up in. There was a very large plant nearby with a tall smokestack. That chimney was easily the most distinctive landmark in my community. It was a beacon that literally helped me find my way home a number of times. Once when I was little and got lost and then on a number of occasions later on when I was in a drunken stupor...
      The 'ol stack and nothing else

So in contrasts to most people's opinions about those smokestacks, I was thankful for their existence. That in a nutshell is why I can look fondly at these structures. Smokestacks were indeed the first custom BAT's I made(and subsequently released on the exchange) more than 10 years ago. It also helped of course that they are relatively simple to make.

I tried my hand at batting buildings & a tower or two soon after with a few decent results

But there was one problem I could never solve no matter what fix I tried. I could never get the damn night lights to work. After much frustration I abandon creating building altogether. It was after this that I discover my niche. For there was another type of tall structure that I've always though was pretty cool looking as well. Add to that, I've also had an interest in steel frame structures, such as cantilever & steel arch bridges. For those who follow the CJ, I'm sure its readily apparent what type of structure I'm referring to. So what do you get when you combine the two? The lattice tower. These structures are know by a few other terms as; truss towers, freestanding framework towers or more simply radio/tv towers.
      My fascination with them has only increased after I started batting them, because its something I turned out to be pretty good at. And aside from several concrete observation towers and a small number of smokestacks, guyed and self supporting towers, there is surprisingly little of any other type of tall non-highrise structures on the ST exchange compared to the number of highrises out there.
      So its high time I took the proverbial cat out of the bag and revealed this secret little project of mine, which I've been working on(and off) for the last 3 years.
      Several of these towers have already been seen on the CJ;

The BellCan & Russian tower have relatively simple superstructures

And while the Mount Royal tower is more detailed, it's too short to really be a significant landmark. Serves as more of a 'filler' tower.

But what's been shown so far is really just the tip of the iceberg. The entire scope of the project comprises more than two dozen lattice towers from all over the world and a few custom designs. Many of which are very prominent landmarks in their respective cites. Imo some of these are amongst the coolest looking/most interesting structures on Earth.
      So without further ado,
      ToS Project list
      A Royal Tower[Canada] (released - Mount Royal)
      BellCan[Canada] (released - Bell Canada)
      Cyberpunk Tower[Japan] (in progress)
      Fatal Attraction [uS]
      Horizontal Lines Tower[uS] (completed)
      King Kgon[uS]
      Russian Style[Russia] (released - Murmansk)
      Simple Truss[Canada] (completed)
      Supertall Spire[uS] (completed)
      The Angel[spain] (in progress)
      The Cone[Russia]
      The Cross[Europe]
      The Crystal[uK] (in progress)
      The Diamond[uS] (in progress)
      The Dalek[uK]
      The Endless White[uS] (finishing touches)
      The Eye[custom] (completed)
      The Hybrid[Europe]
      The Needle[uS] (completed)
      The Mini-white[brazil]
      The Octagon[Russia] (completed)
      The Pyramid of Steel[uS] (finishing touches)
      The Rocket[brazil]
      The Ski Tower[Europe]
      The Square[brazil] (in progress)
      The Star[uS] (finishing touches)
      The Trident[Asia] (in progress)
      The Ultimate Pylon[Asia]
      X Tower [custom] (completed)
      These are not the actual names of the towers, but rather project/code names. It's just easier for me to keep track of them this way. Most towers are known by their radio/tv station initials, with a few exceptions.
      On another note, I would of loved to transferred these into Cities Skylines. Heck I might have even persuaded to stop playing SC4 if possible. Unfortunately they're too detailed, some of them have more than 100,000 polygons/triangles and from what I understand, anything above 10k will some serious lag and/or crash issues in skylines.
      Most images are gmax screen pics. It's obviously not an angle you'd see in SC4, but the idea is just to relay the detail of each superstructure. There will be a few render preview pics of portions of the towers at the end. But I won't be showing actual in game shots until I get to them in the CJ. I mean, you can't expect me to completely reveal 3 years worth of work in just a one single entry can you?

Birds eye views
      Many of these are still a work in progress, their current appearance may not necessarily represent actual in game textures.

Schematic shots

original teaser shots

That tower was about 600ft/185m high, some of these are almost twice as tall.
      From the bottom up

look up...

wayyyy up.

From the inside out

And of course a sneak preview of what you want to see the most,
      SC4 gmax (partial)render shots

In the shadows of giants

Needless to say, nothing else I do in SC4, or with any game for that matter, will ever top this project(for me - in terms of effort and contribution to the community).
      So which of these towers would you like to see next? And think you can you identify any of them with their real world counterparts? If so, I'll consider releasing them before I get to them in the CJ provided they're completed of course.
    • By nos.17
      Allianz Arena
      Munich, Germany
      15x12 Landmark
      Plop Cost :  § 450,000
      Bulldoze Cost :   § 45,000
      MonthlyCost :   § 100

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      Allianz Arena Model (The only known location - thanks @yahari)
      Allianz_textures.dat (included)
      BSC Textures Vol 3
      BSC Textures Cycledogg
      MS_Solaris Busses
      MM 40ft Trailers
      Urbanpack vol1
      Simfox Chestnuts
      BSCBATPropsMattb325_Vol02
      BSCBATPropsMattb325_Vol03
      SHK Parking Pack

Enjoy...
  • Newest STEX Uploads