• Moose

8 Screenshots

About This File

Version 1.1 new item in the Landmark menu

The Berlin TV tower or "Berliner Fernsehturm" are a television tower in central Berlin, Germany. The TV Tower is easily visible throughout the central and some suburban districts of Berlin. With its height of 368 meters, it is the tallest structure and a very famous landmark in Germany.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm_Berlin

see also the needed properties for other new landmarks

http://i.imgur.com/ux3GeOm.jpg

FEATURES
- new Landmark item

- all LOD support
- new Lot size
- new layout of the ground texture
- new Light settings

I created the TV tower Mod before the modern small fire station Mod.

If you notice any problems, please report them in the comments and I will look at the issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support :)

Tobse

Author: Tobias Ralew - www.tobs-design.de
License: CC Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
You may modify and re-distribute these mod files only with appropriate credit given.

Warning
- Modifying files is still experimental and might lead to city rollbacks
- There is no official statement from Maxis or EA about using mods, so use at your own risk
- For more information on EA mod policy:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9729407.page

Special thanks to Oppie, creator of SimCityPak: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/

SimValera Review:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cyNktUQOssg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CapTons Review:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y-zAM2cKZao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

• 1.1 - new menu item (new Landmark in the game)
  • 1.0 - first release

Toe Redfiled likes this

User Feedback

:O Amazing, Tobse! One of the first mods in a while, and a VERY AWESOME CUSTOM MOD. Please keep more buildings coming, if that's not too much to ask.

You should consult Oppie on making the tower separate from the Tokyo Tower. Other than that, amazing!

5/5

The Architecht likes this

Share this comment

:O Amazing, Tobse! One of the first mods in a while, and a VERY AWESOME CUSTOM MOD. Please keep more buildings coming, if that's not too much to ask.

You should consult Oppie on making the tower separate from the Tokyo Tower. Other than that, amazing!

5/5

THANK YOU :) yeah I will

The Architecht likes this

Share this comment

It's great to see new content. Thank you very much.

Oppie and xoxide have both released new buiildings that don't replace existing buildings. They should both be able to help you with this.

Share this comment

This might be your second mod, but it's amazing! Keep up the good work! You're great at this!

Thanky you very much,yeah I had really fun about that project.

Share this comment

Wow! That is amazing! It looks stunning! O_O Great job! And just on the anniversary :D

THX yeah right :) the fall of the Berlin Wall

Share this comment

My God! The first independet building! Please can someone start making the replasements for the residential and commercial buildings??

Share this comment

I just can't wait for individual BAT's to come out, but this man has come closer than anyone!

Bravo!

Thanks cool :)

Share this comment

great job. but I feel just little sadness because I'm Jap.

THX

I like also the Tokyo tower and I'm also sad that I can not add a new landmark to the SimCity World (to the game menu) but I promise I will fix that.

masapuratomi likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Hi Simtropolians,

I'm building my home town, Berlin, with the help of your many mods and assets (I am using 70+ mods and 600+ assets). I started playing Cities:Skylines about 2 months ago and I'm enthused by the activity happening here and in the Steam Workshop. Thank you guys! 

I'm endeavoring to add some of my own custom assets to the Workshop, but I'm new to the entire process. I'm good at photoshop, but I suck at Blender! I booted blender for the first time last week, so I'm at the rough end of a steep learning curve. You guys have been very helpful to get me over a few stumbling points. Now I'm getting ready to publish a couple of items and I'd like to run them by you first. I'm trying to start simple, but even simple objectives seem to morph into week-long efforts. Please let me know how my work can be improved.

I've got a Checkpoint Charlie cooking (check my screenshot stream on steam or on twitter, if you're interested), but let's start with the Rosinenbomber from the Deutsches Technikmuseum:

I found a DC-3 model by Giovanni E and lifted it to the top of the stock library with some prop anarchy:

I was happy to find a DC-3, but the model has some texture problems (the illumination map is always fully on) because it's an old model and was probably made before After Dark. In wanting to fix the lighting problem, I wound up re-texturing the entire model to specifically be the famous Berlin C-47 "Rosinenbomber," as well as adding some propellers.

It's starting to look decent in-game, but I still have some shadowing issues that I'm working on around the windows.

I'd like to improve the body texture so that it looks more silvery and less white in the sun (I'm using PhotoReal3 LUT and Daylight Classic mods).

Here are my current diffuse and spec maps:

How would I go about improving the look of the body surface? I'd like it to be more shiny and silvery.

My next question is, what is a good approach to make the LOD model?

Thx for looking & thx in advance for your suggestions.
      -Ami
    • By NickBauer
      DE:
      Dies ist eine Karte von Travemünde, ein Stadtteil der Hansestadt Lübeck, sowie einem Teil der Lübecker Bucht, Größe 16x16km. Travemünde mit seinem großen Fährhafen verbindet Deutschland und ganz Mitteleuropa mit allen Ländern rund um die Ostsee. Von hier fuhr die legendäre Finnjet, ehedem größte Fähre der Welt, in 24 Stunden nach Helsinki. Travemündes Altstadt wurde aufwendig restauriert, und die gesamte Stadt entwickelt zu einem der wichtigsten Touristenmetropole Deutschlands. So finden sich in der Nähe weitere weitere von Sonne Strand und Meer geprägte Urlaubsorte, darüberhinaus jedoch auch raue Steilküsten und Natur, die zum Spazieren einlädt. Daneben ist di Region eher landwirtschaftlich geprägt. Wer hier wohnt lebt und arbeitet wo andere Urlaub machen. Den Höhepunkt bildet die Travemünder Woche im Sommer mit Volksfestcharakter.
      So, genug geredet. Jetzt ist es an dir herauszufinden, was in dieser Region steckt. Dabei wünsche ich viel Erfolg. In eigener Sache betreibe ich eine kleine aber internationale facebook-Gruppe für Simulationsspiele aller Art, insbesondere natürlich SimCity 4, die SimCity4 AG, schau doch mal vorbei, oder mach gleich mit.
      Installation: SC4-Mapper ist ausdrücklich NICHT zu empfehlen, sondern:
      1. SimCity 4 starten, neue Region erstellen, Wasser auswählen und benennen, zB: Travemünde
      2. SimCity 4 beenden, den SimCity-Regionsordner öffnen (bei mir: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Documents\SimCity 4\Regions), und mit der geladenen config.bmp die vorhandene ersetzen
      3. SimCity 4 erneut starten, neue Region auswählen, Strg+Alt+Umschalten+R zusammen drücken, in kleinen Fenster oben links die geladene "travemuende.4.0.bmp" suchen (bei mir meist im Download-Ordner: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Downloads)
      4. Hat alles geklappt wird die Region erzeugt, das dauert etwa 10-15 Minuten, vielleicht mit einem Kaffee o.ä. überbrücken
      5. Sobald die neue Region angezeigt wird kann es losgehen
      6. Bei Problemen wende dich an die o.g. Gruppe oder an mich persönlich: Nick Bauer
      Ich freue mich über Kommentare und höchstmögliche Bewertungen.
      EN:
      This is a map of Travemünde, a district of the hanseatic city Lübeck, as well a part of the bay of Lübeck, size 16x16km. Travemünde with its large ferry port connects Germany and all central Europe with all countries around the Baltic Sea. From here, the legendary Finnjet, formerly the world's largest ferry, drove to Helsinki in 24 hours. Travemünde's old town was extensively restored, and the entire city is developing into one of the most important tourist metropolis in Germany. There are also other holiday resorts nereby, which are characterized by sunny beach and sea, but also rough cliffs and nature, which invites you to take a walk. In addition, the region is rather agricultural. Who lives here lives and works where other people go on holidays. The highlight is the Travemünder Woche in the summer with folk festival character.
      So, enough talk. Now it's up to you to figure out what's in this region. I wish you every success. On my own behalf, I run a small but international facebook group for simulation games of all kinds, especially SimCity 4, the SimCity4 AG, have a look, or join in.
      Installation: SC4-Mapper is NOT recommended, but:
      1. Start SimCity 4, create and name a new region, eg Travemünde
      2. Exit SimCity 4, open the SimCity region folder (for me: C:\Users\Nickbauer\Documents\SimCity 4\Regions), and replace the existing config.bmp with the loaded one
      3. Restart SimCity 4, select the new region, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R, find the "travemuende.4.0.bmp" in the small window at the top left: (for me: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Downloads)
      4. If everything has worked out the region generates, which takes about 10-15 minutes, maybe with a cup of coffee
      5. Once the new region is displayed, it can start
      6. If you have any problems, please contact the group above or myself: Nick Bauer
      Please feel free to commend and rate high.
    • By NickBauer
      DE:
      Dies ist eine Karte der Nordfriesischen Inseln ohne Sylt, Größe 33x33km, also eine Bigmap. SimCity kennt keine Gezeiten, daher gibt es auch keine Deiche, die müssen bei Bedarf nachträglich erzeugt werden. Obgleich einige Inseln durch einen schmalen Pfad verbunden sind, müssten diese ebenfalls nachträglich straßentauglich gemacht werden. Die Herausforderung dieser Map besteht demnach darin, die Inseln durch Fährverbindungen wirtschaftlich effizient zu verbinden. Die Region ist knapp besiedelt, die wichtigsten Wirtschaftszweige sind Tourismus und Landwirtschaft, es ist somit die zweite Herausforderung für den motivierten Spieler, etwas mehr rauszuholen.
      Dabei wünsche ich viel Spass. In eigener Sache betreibe ich eine kleine aber internationale facebook-Gruppe für Simulationsspiele aller Art, insbesondere natürlich SimCity 4, die SimCity4 AG, schau doch mal vorbei, oder mach gleich mit.
      Installation: SC4-Mapper ist ausdrücklich NICHT zu empfehlen, sondern:
      1. SimCity 4 starten, neue Region erstellen, Wasser auswählen und benennen, zB: Nordfriesische Inseln
      2. SimCity 4 beenden, den SimCity-Regionsordner öffnen (bei mir: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Documents\SimCity 4\Regions), und mit der geladenen config.bmp die vorhandene ersetzen
      3. SimCity 4 erneut starten, neue Region auswählen, Strg+Alt+Umschalten+R zusammen drücken, in kleinen Fenster oben links die geladene "nordfriesische.inseln.2049.bmp" suchen (bei mir meist im Download-Ordner: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Downloads)
      4. Hat alles geklappt wird die Region erzeugt, das dauert etwa 10-15 Minuten, vielleicht mit einem Kaffee o.ä. überbrücken
      5. Sobald die neue Region angezeigt wird kann es losgehen
      6. Bei Problemen wende dich an die o.g. Gruppe oder an mich persönlich: Nick Bauer
      Ich freue mich über Kommentare und höchstmögliche Bewertungen.
      EN:
      This is a map of the North Frisian islands without Sylt, size 33x33km, so it's a bigmap. SimCity does not know tides, so there are no dikes, which have to be produced afterwards. Although some islands are connected by a narrow path, they would also have to be enlarged in the game. The challenge of this map is therefore to connect the islands economically efficiently by means of ferry connections. The region is sparsely populated, the main economic sectors are tourism and agriculture, making it the second challenge for the motivated player to get a little more.
      I wish you lots of fun. On my own behalf, I run a small but international facebook group for simulation games of all kinds, especially SimCity 4, the SimCity4 AG, have a look, or join in.
      Installation: SC4-Mapper is NOT recommended, but:
      1. Start SimCity 4, create and name a new region, eg North Frisian Islands, choose water
      2. Exit SimCity 4, open the SimCity region folder (for me: C:\Users\Nickbauer\Documents\SimCity 4\Regions), and replace the existing config.bmp with the loaded one
      3. Restart SimCity 4, select the new region, press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R, find the "nordfriesische.inseln.2049.bmp" in the small window at the top left: (for me: C:\Users\Nick Bauer\Downloads)
      4. If everything has worked out the region generates, which takes about 10-15 minutes, maybe with a cup of coffee
      5. Once the new region is displayed, it can start
      6. If you have any problems, please contact the group above or myself: Nick Bauer
      Please feel free to commend and rate high.
    • By NickBauer
      DE: Dies ist die Region rund um die Stadt Schleswig. Gelegen and der Schlei, 25.000 Einwohner, regional etwa 110.000. Eine Region mit Geschichte. Das nördlichste Bundesland von Deutschland, dennoch leben hier Dänen und Deutsche zusammen. Wie man sieht ist das Land flach, Die Schlei ist schiffbar bis zur Ostsee, jedoch keine Konkurrenz zu Kiel, Lübeck, Gedser oder Kopenhagen, heute nicht mehr. In dieser Region finden sich aber viele Spuren der legenderen Wikinger.
      Da Simcity 5 ja ein Totalausfall ist, habe ich diese neue Region für Simcity 4 gebastelt. Nicht New York, nicht Tokio und nicht Rio, sondern eine Region in Norddeutschland.
      Werbung: komm auf meine Seite, und wir spielen zusammen, https://www.facebook.com/groups/447720148583197/
      Und jetzt viel Spass mit SimCity4 und Schleswig.

GB: This is the region around the town of Schleswig. Located and the Schlei, 25,000 inhabitants, some 110,000 regionally. A region with a rich history. The northernmost state of Germany, still live here Danes and German together. As you can see the land is flat, the Schlei is navigable to the Baltic Sea, but no competition to the harbours of Kiel, Lübeck, Gedser or Copenhagen, no longer. In this region, however, will find many traces of the place whose Vikings.
      Since Simcity 5 is indeed a total failure, I made this new region for Simcity 4. Not New York, not Tokyo and not Rio, but a region in northern Germany.
      Advertising: Come over to my side, and we play together, https://www.facebook.com/groups/447720148583197/
      And now a lot of fun with SimCity4 and Schleswig.

DK: Dette er den region omkring byen Slesvig. Placeret og Slien, 25.000 indbyggere, nogle 110.000 regionalt. En region med en rig historie. Den nordligste stat Tyskland, stadig bor her danskere og tysk sammen. Som du kan se jorden er flad, Slien er sejlbar til Østersøen, men ingen konkurrence til Kiel, Lübeck, Gedser eller København, ikke længere. I denne region, men vil finde mange spor af det sted, hvis vikingerne.
      Da Simcity 5 er faktisk en total fiasko, jeg lavede denne nye region for Simcity 4. Ikke New York, ikke Tokyo og ikke Rio, men en region i det nordlige Tyskland.
      Reklame: Kom over til min side, og vi spiller sammen, https://www.facebook.com/groups/447720148583197/
      Og nu er en masse sjov med SimCity4 og Slesvig.

• By NickBauer
      DE:
      Dies ist die Metropolregion Hamburg mit 5 Millionen Einwohnern, zugleich meine Heimat. Hamburg ist die zweitgrößte Stadt Deutschlands und die Stadt mit den zweitmeisten Brücken weltweit. Das ist eine vierfach-Map, zum Erstellen in SimCity4 wird eine 32px-config.bmp benötigt.
      Weitere Informationen im Netz und nun viel Spaß beim Spielen.
      Bitte beachte auch meine SimCity4-Seite bei facebook.
      EN:
      This is the Hamburg metropolitan region with 5 million inhabitants, it is also my home. Hamburg is the second largest city in Germany and the city with the second highest number of bridges in the world after NYC. That's a fourfold map, to create in SimCity4 a 32px-config.bmp is required.
      Find more information on the net and have a lot of fun playing.
      Please also read my SimCity4 page at facebook.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.
    • I do plan on doing more to these lots, I'm am looking for some tree and plants props, I did place car props but that don't seem to come up maybe try redoing. I also plan on do more gat station by Deadwood. And a little more of B62. 
    • Haha! Thanks @T Wrecks - I have visited that site plenty of times before, it is very good for a laugh, but had forgotten about it for a while. There's also this one which shows just the opposite end of the hell-spectrum: http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/
    • It's good to have yo on board as a lotter, and even better to see old models aren't that forsaken after all. For the fist one (which I like best model-wise), the base texture is not ideal IMO, however. It blurs with the roof of the shop building, makes it hard to tell what's going on on the lot, and it also contrasts very strongly with the modeled concrete around the petrol pumps. I think a very light grey would complement the buildings a bit better. The second one is similar, plus I think it the lot may be somewhat big for the building. All of the lots could use some more props - maybe a fence around the back, some parked cars, the odd oil drum here or there, maybe some crates and/or a dumpster behind the building, or a trashcan somewhere... deadwoods has made some really neat servo station props for his "Deadwoods Petrol" series that you could also use to great effect. As it stands, the lots look kinda barren and deserted. Since you're using SHK's textures & props anyway, you could also try to get some more mileage out of them; perhaps by putting some defined parking spots near the shop building. But most importantly, have fun and keep 'em coming!