• Moose

5 Screenshots

About This File

The modern small fire station

This new building Mod replace the small fire station. I wish I can make the Mod as a new
Menu Item but on my end every tests crash the game or I get other issues.

I hope I can later fix that.

DONT FORGET TO RE-BUILD THE SMALL FIRE STATION!

FEATURES
- all LOD support
- new Lot size
- new layout of the ground texture
- new Light settings
- new garage building

For this building Mod I wrote a tutorial. The Tutorial show my steps.

TUTORIAL
http://www.tobs-design.de/modern-small-firestation/

If you notice any problems, please report them in the comments and I will look at the
issues as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support :)

Tobse

Author: Tobias Ralew - www.tobs-design.de
License: CC Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
You may modify and re-distribute these mod files only with appropriate credit given.

#KNOWN ISSUES in single cities

- Garage enlargement don't show up
- Fire station can not be deleted from the city

This solution will not fix the problem, also in single cities will not work the trick.

1-delete the MOD "modern small fire station" from the SimCityData folder (... Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData)
2.-start the game and create a new region, load an empty city
3.-place in the city, the small fire station (original by Maxis), save the game and exit the game
4.-copy again the MOD "modern small fire station" in the SimCityData folder (... Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityData)
5.-start the game and delete the previously created region, after deleting the region create again a new region
6.-load again an empty city, place the "modern small fire station", save the game and go back to the main menu
7. Go to region-overview, delete the region previously created
8.-Now you can load your city where the error was occurred.

You have to repeat this trick after each game restart. With exercise it takes less than 2 minutes. (I hope I can solve this problem later)

Many thanks go to Fr3akyGamesHD and Jürgen.

Warning
- Modifying files is still experimental and might lead to city rollbacks
- There is no official statement from Maxis or EA about using mods, so use at your own risk
- For more information on EA mod policy:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9729407.page

Special thanks to Oppie, creator of SimCityPak: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/
Special thanks to Yayie
Special thanks to Danny50205

CapTons Review:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7GUOYol_f0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• first release

Seed, Toe Redfiled and obama777 like this

User Feedback

Looks amazing! Does it work online? 

Thank you very much!

Well I'm not tested online or in COT but I think YES you can play online because its just an replace.

Share this comment

It looks very good. Much better than the original small fire station.

I noticed that you can't place the fire bell module or the sign on this station. but you can place the bell on top of an extra garage module. The sign isn't important but the bell is useful. Also, the original fire bell looks a bit strange on this new modern station. Do you plan to make a new fire bell?

Share this comment

Finally a more modern fire station love it I can't wait to see what it looks like on my new gamming computer My old computer looked like crap

Share this comment

It looks very good. Much better than the original small fire station.

I noticed that you can't place the fire bell module or the sign on this station. but you can place the bell on top of an extra garage module. The sign isn't important but the bell is useful. Also, the original fire bell looks a bit strange on this new modern station. Do you plan to make a new fire bell?

hehe yeah Thanks and for the nice call about the fire bell

yeah in the future I hope I can change the plop position of the fire bell but for now I plan not a new fire bell

Share this comment

Hey man, this looks absolutely epic! We need to get some building sets built ASAP :)

Parker

Great Thanks Parker :) Yeah right I agree but ASAP :)

Share this comment

Thank you so much for the guide Tobse. Im sure we might getting more new buildings in near future.

Great and THX Yayie I agree  we will :)

Share this comment

Absolutely incredible. Sure to get over 10 thousand downloads. Looks great and was much needed in the simcity community. I would recommend a mod for the airport, the planes or the SUV taxi with this level of quality in it.

Share this comment

I wonder if soon they'll be able to re-texture a skyscraper!

re-texture I dont find a good way to do it. I re used the Maxis textures. In my tutorial I tell how I use the textures.

Share this comment

I wonder if soon they'll be able to re-texture a skyscraper!

re-texturing is possible making new Building decals is possible  a bit tricky but can be done i have a 40 - 50% building map ready they are more complicated than the building itself. i mean flip building textures are just rendered high poly building materials made in maya  

Share this comment

das ist ein geil Feuerwehrhaus mr tobse ;)

And that is what i type as a dutch Simcity player :P
I will test it soon and post then my ingame findings. Thumbs up.

Share this comment

It's amazing, Tobse! I love how modern the building is, but do you think a whole suite of modern services and utilities?

5/5

Share this comment

das ist ein geil Feuerwehrhaus mr tobse ;)

And that is what i type as a dutch Simcity player :P
I will test it soon and post then my ingame findings. Thumbs up.

Hartelijk dank :) (thank you) yeah cool cool

MiraMix likes this

Share this comment

Oh leave those fire stations alone already, no one needs it! Please re-texture the residential and commercial buildings I am waiting for this since the game came out!!

Share this comment

Oh leave those fire stations alone already, no one needs it! Please re-texture the residential and commercial buildings I am waiting for this since the game came out!!

lol

Share this comment

It's amazing, Tobse! I love how modern the building is, but do you think a whole suite of modern services and utilities?

5/5

Thanks CityCrafted,

right now there a some issues to add new services uilities but in the future I hope the fire station has also new services utilities.

Share this comment