• Moose

5 Screenshots

About This File

Well After Sometime they are out "Plopable Great works" Please Read below before downloading  

the Fully built Great works that just need plopping

Some Notes 

There is a small thing about them They are NOT bulldozable 

and they will not be at a cost 

let me explain

Great Works have a few files one for each stage of building and one for scripting(Simulation) and then property data. 

now Due to that there is a high risk of editing the scripting part by adding cost and making them bulldoze, due to editing the main file and not a copy of it so that is the reason

and then the ploppable great works will not show regional wise they are for one city and that is all

from there they are a tricky plop  so play around a little bit there 

However this is NOT a Cheat mod if i can find a way to add cost with out harming the simulation part i will and update them 

PLEASE NOTE (WARNING)

you will need AKar and the Akar custom content menu in order to get this mod to work 

and it can be downloaded here 

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar-ui-enhancement/

and Project orion for ploping 

and it can be downloaded here

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29650-project-orion-3k-extended-boundary/

Issues

None so far :P

____________________________________________________________________________________________________  

i would also like to thank the following

MaxisGuillaume: for helping me with the scripting 

Xoxide: for helping me with anything i needed 

Yayie:  For helping me with the icons

hinata: for always wanting to help in anyway she can 

Markusloo: for helping me with screenshots

How to install

extract the RAR

and place the package file in

C:\program files(86)\origin Games\SimcityData

i am not responsible for any damage or errors caused to the game or PC

Please comment and tell me if there is anything wrong

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

Toe Redfiled likes this

User Feedback

Excellent! I hope this new mod going bring idea to make new great work plopable. Big roller coaster park, racing stadium, etc...

zbeginendz likes this

Share this comment

Yea this is a great idea! I have no clue how modding in this game works, but would it be possible to add new great works? And if that's not possible, would it be possible to just reskin one to make it look like something else? 

zbeginendz likes this

Share this comment

I have yet to try this mod out but from the description this essentially allows you to plop all 4 different greatworks functioning at once around one region with 3-4 cities? Wow if so. Of course the greatworks will not show if in another region but that is how the game has always been.

and then the ploppable great works will not show regional wise they are for one city and that is all

Share this comment

I have yet to try this mod out but from the description this essentially allows you to plop all 4 different greatworks functioning at once around one region with 3-4 cities? Wow if so. Of course the greatworks will not show if in another region but that is how the game has always been.

uhm yes you can plop all 4 if you want however i would recommend plopping 1 at a time to your workers and so on can be focused on one thing at a a time.

Yea this is a great idea! I have no clue how modding in this game works, but would it be possible to add new great works? And if that's not possible, would it be possible to just reskin one to make it look like something else? 

No not possible due to the game rules being one thing we can make a new airport and arcology and anything as a replacement with the same rules, but thats it 

and thank you to you all :)

zbeginendz likes this

Share this comment

Danny50205: Thanks for the tip on building them 1 at a time.

Regaurding making a new greatwork. Can this be done with the existing Solar Farm greatwork? I find it really useless since 1 fusion power plant or even 1 nuke plant with mods will give you suffient power plus excess so it's not really needed. I'd like to see this greatwork replaced with something better if a mod like that was going to be done that is. But I guess I would not call the Solar farm greatwork useless because this replaces fusion and other types of power in turn so it's a trade off I guess.

You can currently import new buildings using project akar's custom content tab but these are new buildings and landmarks, not greatworks. So all types of new custom buildings are now possible though.

Share this comment

Space Center - Working

Arcology - Working

Solar Farm - How to turn on power ...Is there any keyboard Shortcut ?

Share this comment

I found that when I put three Great Works in one city the first one plopped, the Airport, gained it's workers and power, so I got my 10,000 simolean bonus, but the other two that I plopped never got their workers or other requirements. So it seems that while you can plop more than one GW in a city only the first will actually develop. I get cars coming and going between the city and the airport, and between the city and my added arcology, but I'm not sure if the city has gained any benefit from the airport.

In the next city I think I will build the solar farm first. That way I will be able to tell if the city gets the benefit of all that power or not. If it does I can always share the power with the other cities, so that one at least might benefit all four cities in a roundabout way.

Whether you gain any benefit or not though, a major airport actually on the outskirts of the city, with people living around it, looks awesome.

Great Mod.

Share this comment

uhm yes you can plop all 4 if you want however i would recommend plopping 1 at a time to your workers and so on can be focused on one thing at a a time.

No not possible due to the game rules being one thing we can make a new airport and arcology and anything as a replacement with the same rules, but thats it 

and thank you to you all :)

Okay, so you CAN reskin a greatwork? For instance could you take say the solar power grid and put a giant gas/electric station in its place? Essentially it work all work the exact same, it would just look different. That could be enough really

Share this comment

Hi everybody,

To plop a great work, the game tell me a need something to connect it. I built a street and after I succes. I notice a street is in the middle of one of great work (entrance?) and don't look active. The great project is plopable everywhere but is better to plop it in a great project area or is possible to have a city and inside an active greatwork and megatower, etc...? Somebody can please show printscreens from city/region with plopable great project and show it here or to send me in private?

Thank you in advance :)

Share this comment

This is not ploppable on the great works sites.  If I'm incorrect, then some kind of documentation on how to do so would be helpful.  

Share this comment