• Moose

3 Screenshots

About This File

There is a lot that happens around the world we cannot control. We cannot stop earthquakes, we cannot prevent droughts, and we cannot prevent all conflict, but when we know where the hungry, the homeless and the sick exist, then we can help.

-Jan Schakowsky

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr7QxV7Lx2I[/youtube]

Homeless Tents
Was originally part of the debug tools, it was bring back into the game with added features as a park for the homeless to take shelter.

Tho, it may act as a park, it only attracts homeless people, aprrently, it still act as normal park.

Users may use them for a campsite.

QjIGNLI.png

How to install?

1. Download zip files.
2. Right click the zip file > Extract
3. Copy and paste the package file into your SimCityData folder.

Requires Project Akar
Content located under Custom Content > Misc
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar-ui-enhancement/

• Special Thanks to CapTon for his Video Review

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• - 7th Sep 2014
  • - Renaming the package files.
  • - Users may need to either remove the old package file or rename it.
  • - No actual update on the mod itself.

Toe Redfiled likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

zebro

Share this review

Link to review
momocan

Share this review

Link to review
Seed

Share this review

Link to review
nukemd45

Share this review

Link to review
jockhrh

Share this review

Link to review
beltex2

Share this review

Link to review
minooble31

Share this review

Link to review
Yayie

Share this review

Link to review
Simoncity

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
Masissar

Share this review

Link to review
xoxide

Share this review

Link to review
Bugnug23

Share this review

Link to review
DustyAmy

Share this review

Link to review
red467

Share this review

Link to review
justinpatrick1011

Reminds me of Tropico 5, the game where you demolish a s***ton of shacks.

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By jarnomiedema

Background:
      Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (1870-1924), better known by his pseudonym 'Lenin', was the
      principal leader of the Russian Revolution of 1917, the leader of the Bolshevik party
      and the first Premier of the Soviet Union.

During World War One, the Russian Empire was crumbling. Czar Nicholas II was gradually
      losing more and more control over his country and his army as the German war machine
      rolled on. Encouraged by these defeats, the Germans allowed Lenin to travel back to
      Russia to help futher the ongoing revolution. This he did, and with great success.
      Within years, the Czar was dead, peace had been made with Germany and Lenin and his
      Bolsheviks had drawn all power to them.
      Lenin's goal was to turn Russia, a poor country of peasants, into an industrial power-
      house. This turned out to be harder than he thought.. On August 30, 1918 Lenin was
      almost assassinated. He survived the attempt, but the bullets couldn't be removed
      with the medical technology of the time. One of the bullets was lodged in his neck,
      too close to his spine. Many historians consider this to be the start of Lenin's
      health problems. After the assassination attempt, his health declined and led to two
      strokes, one shortly after the other. He was left partially paralyzed and resigned
      from active politics. Soon after his third stroke, the revolutionary leader died..
      Many people know Lenin as 'the man in the tomb'. He was embalmed and preserved for
      permanent display at the Lenin Mausoleum at Moscow. Due to Lenin's unique role in
      the creation of the very first Communist state, his character was elevated to the
      point of near religious reverence. By the 1980's, every manor city in the Soviet
      Union had a statue of Lenin in it's central square, either a Lenin street or Lenin
      square near the center and often 20 or more smaller statues and busts thoughout its
      territory..
      Since the fall of the Soviet Union, the level of reverence for Lenin has gone down
      considerably, but he's still considered an important figure by the people who grew up
      during the Soviet period. Many statues of Lenin have been torn down and the city of
      Leningrad, named after him three days after his death, returned to its original name:
      St. Petersburg..

• By JakeMD
      Welcome!

Saw something you liked in someone's screenshot but can't find it? Vaguely remember seeing something once, but you don't know where it is? 
      Wondering whether or not a plugin of a certain type exists?

This is the thread where you can ask for help finding things.

When asking, please be as descriptive and specific as possible. This can help people to understand what you're looking for.
      If possible, screenshots are also encouraged.

This thread is a direct continuation of the original topic, which got too big. Someone might have already been looking for the same thing as you, so checking there first might get you your answer faster.

P.S. If you would like a particular BAT to be made, please request it in the BAT Request Thread.
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      Is there a tutorial i can follow for importing custom 3d objects i made into SimCity 4? like if i wanted to put a statue into a city in SimCity 4, how would i do that?
      I know i would need to use a program called Gmax and building architect, but im not sure how to do it with that.
      Also, would i need to resize the statue in Gmax first? and if so, how big would i need to make it?
      does anyone know of any tutorial i could follow? please help <3 
    • By RandyE
      This is my third park lot using the vanilla props from SC4.  This park is part of an urban beautification and vitalization project for the inner-city.  

Named after the Parthenon in Athens, an architectural and cultural artifact representing the foundations of modern civilization, and attributed to Athena, the personification of calmness, wisdom, ethical, and civil society.  The park design utilizes the dimensions said to be essential to the Parthenon following the golden rectangle ratio, calculated in SC4 city tiles as 8 (width) by 5 (depth).  The Parthenon building landmark was released as an update to SC4.
      The park is well-lighted with a variety of animations and park-related props including the Zen Rock Garden, Greenhouses, Koi Fish Pond, a Pool, Fountains, Swing Sets, Slides, Refreshment Stand, Gazebo, Billboards, Basketball Courts, and a small Skateboard arena.
      This lot is animation and graphics-intensive, found under the parks menu, but intended as a main feature or central city park, and so should only be plopped once in any city you are building.
      Medium Wealth
      Cost: 950
      Monthly Income: 150
      Air Pollution: -30, 10
      Water Pollution, -10, 10
      Park Effect: 100, 40
      Landmark Effect: 80, 20
      Maxis Night Lighting
      No Dependencies
    • By coolsim1
      I'm getting this bizarre glitch in my game where almost no trees or props are present on the default maxis houses. I tried emptying my plugin folder, a somewhat unpleasant experience, figure it was some mod but the problem still occurs. Any ideas?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faithfully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)