1 Screenshot

About This File

Hello all ! Maglev As Subway (Tunnel and Tracks) Regional can Use on Sea

Make Sure have Maglev mods from Guillaume

How to install?

1. Make sure you have downloaded and Installed Project Akar :

2. Download the mod.
3. Right click the rar file > Extract
4. Copy and paste the package file into your SimCityData folder.
5. All roads place under “Subways” Submenu.

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• 24-08-2014
  • Fixed Version Subway By Capton

User Feedback

Great Job HyugaHinata! I Just wanted to thank you for ALL the great work on the Regional roads and whatnots!!! It was so needed. I Cant wait to see what you come up with next, thanks again....

Share this comment

Hello HyugaHinata!

A few days ago, I posted a message with a couple of images (see subway part 2) regarding the subway as it is now.

I explained that the mod underground/surface tracks is not working right because there are no visible outside tracks.

So it is kind of weird to see the subway running on the grass when going from station to station.

What you've done here is quite interesting.

I wonder if this mod, for the regional side, could be adaptable to, let's say, the regular side.

So, we would have a subway running on visible tracks except that it would be elevated, but at least that would be better than a ground level with no tracks.

I would even go a bit further by asking you if the elevated tracks could instead become ground level tracks.

I hope I was clear enough with my explanations and also not too demanding.

Thanks for your time. Will appreciate your comments if you may.

Yayie likes this

Share this comment

Some tips for users:

- you can use this within the 2K boundary

- you can run subways next to the shoreline or even under water

- on maps that have high ground and low ground you probably won't be able to connect regional/underwater tracks to higher normal subway track. You will see disconnected green lines and the trains won't run.

- If this happens you can use the regional underground/aboveground connector to join them up. You can do this entirely underground... you don't have to have any track above ground. It can be tricky to do, but it can work.

The mod description doesn't mention this so that's why I've posted it here.

Very useful mod! Thank you!

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RandyE
      Public Region:    Micropolis
      Started by: Randy22E, on July 3.  New region with same name started July 15.
      Server: North America West 1,  Region Map: Viridian Woods
      ======================================================
      Consider playing with random disasters disabled, as well you can find a reliable mod on this site that will disable the day/night cycle so you can focus on gameplay. You can enter and view cities from the main menu without having to claim a city.
      +++++++++++++++
      All welcome to join. 
      ---------------------------------------------
      Official site server list and status:  http://www.SimCity.com/en_US/server-status 
    • By CorinaMarie
      As some of you know I've been playing without the illustrious NAM while I learn the basic game. For the one or two other peeps on the planet who might be starting out NAMless, I feel the following might be of some use. The rest of you may feel free to skip this long, picture packed mini observation.
      So, I've been playing a natural (random) growth region in which I've zoned mostly farms that are interspersed with the initial god mode trees to simulate the real world where I live. (For the curious my progress starts here and continues with several posts over the past couple months there in the rest of the thread.)

This post is not about that tho. This is phase two where the industrial revolution has started and factories are pervading the countryside.

The Acres family farm is a short distance from a major four lane highway. They are planning to retire and haven't set out any crops this season. The Big-O Factory Development Corporation has purchased the farm (dirt) cheap. The Acres's sell with the condition that they can keep the small tractor shed and a tiny parcel of bare ground.

^ Yes, there is an Ugly Yellow Pause Thingy in some of my pics. I like it sometimes to indicate, well ..., that my game is Paused.

The development begins with building the streets and adding bus stops.

Next they add a water system.

And then survey it from above ground to be sure all of the parcel is watered. Some nearby residents get public water as an unintended bonus.

The building locations are prepared by de-zoning the farm ground.

The Mayor has specifically tweaked the tax rates to create the desired demand. (Note: These settings are not some magic set. They are based on the local and regional influences at the moment.)

Using Ctrl-Zoning (as described in the Tutorial:Precision Zoning) the hope is to attract larger factories and cramped living quarters for some workers along with some low density commercial so they can buy some bread.

We check and see there is a nearby Medical Clinic and boost its funding sufficiently to handle the increased patient count cause the radius includes a part of the new residential zone.

Now we turn on time and wait for the factories to grow. The Sims aren't overly enthusiastic about moving here so we plant a grass tile. These uneducated Sims are just wild about such a thing.

Now to zone for more residential and add a local Doctor's Office. I did the zones separate to preclude 4x2 buildings from growing.

When the Tenements grow (which is the look I wanted for here) I click them all to Historical so they don't later try to merge together and morph into a bigger building. I did zone them high density so I can change my mind about it in future years.

Then I zone the final two residential parcels.

Plop a bunch more pretty green grass and the Sims rush in.

And fill in the rest of the area with grass and a playground for the kids.

A wee bit of traffic congestion occurs.

Not to worry, says Jamil Herd. Upgrade those parts of the Streets to Roads.

All better now.

And here it's completed.

Set the medical funding at an appropriate level for the new Clinic.

But wait! say the local denizens. You said this would create jobs for all of us. The outsiders took most of the jobs before we even got moved in.

Hmm. Ok, that latter statement is prolly an exaggeration, but who is working where? the Mayor asks.

Jamil, bulldoze a piece of that Road. That'll keep the interlopers out.

Well, that hurt the factory jobs some.

Yeah, but let's see where the peeps are working now.

Rebuild the road and run some more time. Here's the jobs graph.

Alright then. Where do the local Sims work now?

Run a bit more time and here's the jobs graph.

And, finally, we see a significant reduction in traffic coming and going from the new industrial complex.

The total commuters from the 6 residential buildings in those three stages are:
      563 initially 575 during isolation 599 final And the total commuters on that entry road
      1383 initially 697 final So, it appears that without NAM one needs to take into consideration who's going to work where and where will they come from, or go to, as one of the key aspects of the amount of traffic.

• By CynCeyd
      Hi,
      I'm currently experimenting with Cities: Skylines modding and I am pretty much stuck on one issue.
      I'd like to create roads (including the connection of those and thereby creating intersections). Unfortunately my research wasn't successful yet and I have no clue what I could do now apart from asking here.
      I already tried to hook the NetTool (by hooking the IL code and capturing the CreateNode / CreateNodeImpl function) and calling NetTool.CreateNode manually afterwards. To some extent this works (without any extra code it does create the road, but look at the attachment for results). I also forked some GitHub repository that contained code which allowed me to at least create roads at the correct height, but they never connected and thus never created intersections.
      I guess I'm missing some code to seperately create an intersection which respectively creates "correct" roads, but I'm lost here.
      Can someone please give me a hint on this issue?
      Thanks in advance

• By kschmidt
      Roghue Island Interchange Revisited !
      Tonight I adresed some issue with the Roghue Island South Interchange. Two issues where amendment: one the elevated one way flyover exit from highway 4 to highway 55 and ramps entry and exit´s from the Hartford City ! One way flyover corner pieces didn´t show right direction so was in fact only cosmetic. Entry and exit wheren´t there at all so a detour must me made via Cape Mayon to reverse into the Hartford City direction !

Issues´s now partly resolved ! Still a detour to Cape Mayon or using the highway 5 bridge is needed to return to Hartford City. Just before the Cape Mayon tunnel there´s a new exit to Roghue Island; any future exit however remains unresolved because there´s no suitable place to place a entry with accelerationlane; ultimately a special tunnel would need to be constructed underwater and costs would expand into a tremendous amount of simoleans !

See the lovely over the rail tunnels winding RHW highway 55 !

Diagonal rail portal pieces are by Takingyouthere; functional there´s still some work to make them fit in better !

Enjoy !

• By fujikazu
      I just recently started playing again for the updates since After Dark and wanted to update a previous interchange asset going by the same name that I made. Which, this whole time was missing 2 connections but I never noticed. It's easy enough to fix the other one yourself if you prefer the cheaper and slightly smaller 3-lane version but this 4-lane version should have all highways connected to the others allowing travel from one highway to the other 3.

All ramps are two-lane one-way highways for higher speeds and all road pieces have sound barriers(also easy enough to change to the non-barrier version yourself if you prefer).

I have included a picture with arrows showing the connections(forward, left, right, U-turn) just in case anyone wanted to make sure. 

If you get a slope too steep error it's probably because of the turning ramps. Either get a mod or edit it yourself in the editor if you feel it happens too often.

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• While installing the menu icons using LEProp you may also add these extended names with 'no. of stories', location and 'year completed'.  Descriptions including 'building type', 'no. of jobs' and 'building-height'. Name: AON Center, 62-story, Los Angeles 1973
      Description: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs. Height: 860 ft (260 m). Name: 345 California Center, 48-story, San Francisco 1986
      Description: Functional Landmark with 3,200 CO$$$ Jobs. Height: 211.8 m (695 ft). Name: CenturyLink Tower, 53-story, Denver 1983
      Description: Landmark Building. Cost: $125,000.  Height: 709 feet (216 m).   Name: Columbia Center, 76-story, Seattle 1985
      Description: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs. Height: 937 ft (286 m) Name: Commerzbank Tower, 56-story, Frankfurt 1997
      Description: Functional Landmark with 4,200 CO$$$ Jobs. Height: 259 m (850 ft). Name: Denver Place, 34-story, Denver 1981
      Description: Functional Landmark with 4,500 CS$$$ Jobs. Height: 416 feet (127 m) http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31537-denver-place/ Name: Dirksen Courthouse Federal Building, Chicago
      Description: Dirksen Courthouse: Landmark with 4,000 CO$$$ http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31449-federal-center-chicago/ Name: John Hancock Center, 100-story, Chicago 1968
      Description: Functional Landmark with 8,000 CO$$$ Jobs, the lot size is 6x4. Height: 1,127-foot, (344 m). Name: Torre Ejecutiva Pemex, 52-story, Mexico City 1982
      Description: Functional Landmark with 5,000 CO$$$ Jobs. Height: 214 meters.  Name: Regions Center Tower, 30-story, Little Rock 1975
      Description: Functional Landmark with 3,000 CO$$ Jobs. Height: 454 feet (138 m)   _______________________________________________________ Diego Del Llano Growables - 2017 Pack One 1.00 http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31544-diego-del-llano-growables-2017-pack-one/
    • @Tyberius06 ... I do not want you to think that I am ignoring you - I simply do not have the time to look into it this week. Hopefully, I can examine it this weekend. 
    • Very nice huzman! Thanks for the upload!
    • I remember this one :-) It's a true classic in the SC3000 community.
    • You really only need the building files. (.Desc and .Model) It's against STEX's rules to re-upload them.