• Moose

Regional MagLev Tracks 1.0

(4.82)    (11 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

As requested, the Regional MagLev Tracks.

How to install?

1. Download .zip file

2. Right click the zip file > Extract

3. Copy and paste the package file into your SimCityData folder.

Located under MagLev's Submenu Enjoy.

*Requires Cities of Tomorrow Expansion Pack*

What's New in Version 1.0

Released

• - Regional MagLev Tracks added into MagLev's Submenu

User Feedback

this looks cool! i so need to get COT. whats next? perhaps regional zoning? fix the regional cursor distance issue? or maybe find a way to get the overlays aligned again? u do great work sir. THANK YOU

Yayie likes this

Share this comment

@rolling zone is a part of the Lot Engine which we have no access to.. We have figured out many ways to BEND rules but breaking them entirely is a different story

The trick to most PATHS is making them able to just be used outside the surface = 0 area which in this case = 1

Other things require a lot more creativity and some greater development like this project and some others.

Some however like the regional elevated are taking on a much different complexity to complete and time however those are still all working with the values we have access to not the ones which are hard coded or locked away in the master files.

Ali and Julia continue to work on many projects with MANY people like max with his new Double Decker Roads to implement new ideas concepts and meet a  higher quality standard as a group which I'm very pleased and even still amazed with how well everyone is doing.

All of them are working extremely hard to continue what was started just 1.5 months ago and this is just the beginning.

Yayie, Bugnug23, Blue Keiko and 1 other like this

Share this comment

thanx a lot ! this will work with the other mods? (akar,udon..)

you dont need akar to work with this mod. :)

since it'll work on with and without Akar, Only requirements is CoT expansion pack.

Share this comment

DO I LOVE YOU? yes I do! but its love/hate löve, Yesterday I was like Im bored with this game then you came out with this and I have to try it...lalalala

Yayie likes this

Share this comment

DO I LOVE YOU? yes I do! but its love/hate löve, Yesterday I was like Im bored with this game then you came out with this and I have to try it...lalalala

haha, enjoy. :)

add more diversity into the game. also helps with bad traffic.

Share this comment

Hey Yayie i can place the maglev tracks but not the station!? like all other public transportation stuff cant be placed outside the orginal borders... Traffic is killng everthing outside the border so no point for me to go outside the borders at the moment.. :(  I it a know issue or i am missing some mods?

Share this comment

Hey Yayie i can place the maglev tracks but not the station!? like all other public transportation stuff cant be placed outside the orginal borders... Traffic is killng everthing outside the border so no point for me to go outside the borders at the moment.. :(  I it a know issue or i am missing some mods?

5QmiXBb.png

Well I can plop them, perhaps there's a mod that cause the issue.

You might want to narrow it down the problem, as far as Im concern, all my mods are working, as well as few from other members.

Actually, both Maglev stations is outside 2k "North". I just wanted to show the lines.

Share this comment

Seems that didn't the trick... Removed the 2 files but didn't work for me.  After that i removed everything and placed your file + 3k boudery mod and akars road set so i can place roads outside the orginal borders. Still cant place it :(

Share this comment

Haha, I thought that after regional subways, that the Maglevs themselves wouldn't take too long after. Thanks so much. :)

One question, plopping Maglev Stations in the 2k boundary deletes the adjacent ploppable RCI buildings. On the other hand, there where there are Maglev Stations, no RCI ploppables can be plopped. Do you think that that can be worked around? Thanks.

Share this comment

Seems that didn't the trick... Removed the 2 files but didn't work for me.  After that i removed everything and placed your file + 3k boudery mod and akars road set so i can place roads outside the orginal borders. Still cant place it :(

Probably a map variant? Which map are you on?

Share this comment

Rousseau Flats  - 

Viridian Woods

Btw i dont get any snappoints outside the orginal boundry on the roads. cant neither place bus stops tram stops etc

Found the issue, its Orion. You can place public transports on another plot but not on the other half. Im on Veridian Woods - Matisse Plains, I can plop them.

Share this comment

i still unable too do it. it still says need to be placed on a snappoint. tryed on many placed. seems regional roads dont give me snap points

Share this comment

it does not work with UDoN as well since the elevated method that we have are all based on Maglev's. Try avoid having both things get cross connected with each other.

Works just fine with UDoN :) or are you referring to the Bi-Level-Streets? (I get that they are based on Maglev due) :) got confused now. So to be ûber clear,

Maglev region works well with UDoN but do not work with B.L.S. cause it makes it impossible to delete the maglev tracks, witch is ofc teh B.L.S. fault. But thought both of you should know so you can work 2gether for a fix my löves :thumb:

Hold on! the UDoN mod is/was not even loaded and cant get it to load now no matter what it seems huh???

You guys have removed UDoN from AkarRoadSet, the latest working is "AkarRoadsSet_1.0.5 (14th Aug 2014)"

download the latest AKar highres

Share this comment

i have last akar version, i can't delete the maglev track and can't  connect it on the maglev station  :(

Share this comment

i have found it, the problem was the no traffic light mod, i have delete that and i can now buldoze the maglev track 

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By edelamm
      I've been noticing for a while that every time that any of my cities exceeds maybe 400k citizens, the usage in public transportation significantly drops (for example, at some point I have 10k users in the subway system and then in goes down to less than 5k). Does anybody know why is that? I've been trying to encourage the use of public transport by increasing the budget to 150% and setting the free public transport policy for the whole town, but it won't help. I always try to design a multi-modal public transportation scheme, and it works really well (increasing number of users, reduced traffic congestion, etc), but then this happens. I have also noticed that traffic congestion is very well controlled, even with the low public transport usage. I've been looking for an answer for this like crazy, but it seems that anybody in the internet ever has had this issue before, and it's driving me nuts.
    • By Lumeria
      Hi all!
      I am wondering if anyone can help me, I have two areas that are causing me troubles. I don't even know if what I want to do is possible. I'm trying to connect EL over Road 4 to EL over road (Maxis regular) crossing over an intersection, but it seems to elude me.

What am I missing? I have the current NAM, did not choose "alternate" for EL and do have the puzzle piece that is supposed to connect EL over road to either EL over Rd4 or Ave, but the EL doesn't line up on that piece with the EL over Rd4, so I'm a bit lost. I have LHD, if that makes any difference...
      Also, in the second troublesome area, does anyone know how to connect EL over road, through at T intersection to just plain EL? I cannot get the puzzle piece to connect to the regular EL.

If the two pictured configurations I have set up at the present are impossible, does anyone have any suggestions as to a better method or configuration I might try instead?
      Either way, thanks in advance!
    • By dazflint
      So, I saw this picture (below) in der Nieuwezee Nieuws, and it inspired me to write about public transport in our town.

Don't worry, nobody was badly hurt - and the buses here usually run without crashing into bus-shelters!

So, you know that Nieuwezee always had the one old tram-line, running from the Old Town to the Peninsula... then extended to the Harbour in the 60's/70's. And when they built the Oosterpolder, a second tram-line was extended to cover that district. The second line saw brand-new trams introduced to the city. Here's a crowd of spectators trying to board Tram 2 at the Oosterpolderplein on the first day of service:

Our new trams are much more comfortable and spacious than the old ones from the 1960's. I'm not sure I like the new red-and-blue colour scheme, though. I think it's supposed to represent the colours of the Dutch flag, or something...

There's no denying it though, they're better than our old yellow trams. They were noisy, and draughty... :/

So that's Nieuwezee's trams. Well, we also have a number of bus lines!

Some of these are old, traditional routes that have stayed the same since the early 20th century. But the latest routes, have only been added since the Oosterpolder development and the construction of the Biotech Campus across the river:

Here's the new campus, and you can see four types of Nieuwezee public transport in one shot.

At the top of the image, a Regiorunner 'Verm' double-decker train is heading towards the station in the Old Town.

Near the centre, you can see one of the University's yellow mini-buses parked outside the Student Union building...
      The campus provides its own private 'on demand' transport for students and staff.

To the left, you can see a tram approaching the Campus tram stop, which links to Tram Line 1 via a short spur (approx. 750m).

And to the top right, you can see a 'bendy bus' pulling away from the stop at Westerhuizen Rotonde. A tree-lined walkway links the bus-stop to the campus.

If you're curious, here's a route map which shows how everything hangs together in Nieuwezee:

And if that wasn't exciting enough (!), look at this:

It's one of our brand-new bi-articulated trolley-buses! The council have been electrifying the bus routes between the Old Town and Oosterpolder, now routes 10 and 11 are (mostly!) run by trolley-buses. They're almost like trams without the tracks. "So why are there tram-tracks in this picture?" you may ask! Well, this is the corner of the Poldergracht where the no.11 bus turns across Tram-line 1. See it on the map?

All-in-all I'd say that public transport runs very well in Nieuwezee; with all these modern trams and buses it's better than it ever was, and we have excellent connection to nearby cities like Amsterdam and Hoorn. But now the authorities want to take things 'to the next level'. Oosterpolder has brought new wealth to Nieuwezee, and the Bio-tech Campus is encouraging expansion towards the South-west of town. As a result, the regional government is seriously considering changing our town's status into a City, and real money may be thrown at stages 4-5 of our Strategic Development Plan. This would mean bringing High Speed Rail to the city, and zoning for even more development in future. So, it looks like Nieuwezee's adventures in public transport are only beginning!
    • By ReneXL
      Cities XXL TRAINS & RAILWAYS

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @thirstydeer - welcome to the world of custom content There are 4 tilesets in the game (the game has to be either "SC4 Deluxe" or "SC4" + "Rush Hour" expansion pack, the very basic game won't allow custom content to be used) which you can use to control what types of buildings are grown. The four tilesets are: Houston/New York/Chicago and Euro. If you don't change these settings, as a default, all tilesets are on, and the game builds from one tileset only every 5 game years. By selecting only the Euro tileset, you will give these buildings the greatest chance to grow . There is a little bit of further discussion here: Additionally, to get a 6x6 zone easily in the game, press and hold the CTRL key while zoning the commercial zone to count out a square 6 tiles each side.
    • What exactly do you mean by this: "These are all offered as growable 6x6, stage 1, medium wealth, Commercial Services on the EURO Tileset only."  I'm a pretty basic user of the game and am just starting to dabble with the myriad of custom content available on this site so I want to make sure it'll work for me before I download it.  It truly looks great!
    • If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.
    • I do plan on doing more to these lots, I'm am looking for some tree and plants props, I did place car props but that don't seem to come up maybe try redoing. I also plan on do more gat station by Deadwood. And a little more of B62.