• Moose

Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC) CL 2012

(4.50)    (4 Reviews)
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Screenshot

About This File

a good china buliding a good china buliding a good china buliding a good china buliding a good china buliding 

What's New in Version CL 2012

Released

• a good china buliding

antonis316 likes this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Krio

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/20/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By tomorrowland
      Novais an smart city
    • By korver
       3rd Place  entry from Ancient Civilizations (S3-14-M)
       Monthly 
      44  Rep
      12  Bonus Points
      50  TOTAL Points
      Challenge Results Data  |  Leaderboard Rankings
      A section of the Great Wall of China, freshly built during the Han dynasty (206 B.C. - 220 A.D.). This picture offers a glimpse into the past, as much of the wall has fallen into disrepair and the pagodas are long gone.
      ---
      Also, these are all in game models. Models were imported into 3dsmax, rendered, and placed onto either overhanging lots (wall sections) or into an MMP (pagodas).
      Pagodas can be downloaded here and Great Wall sections downloaded here (this is just one example of his work, there's plenty more.)
    • By poshbakerloo
      Advice | How to build a Chinese city
      I've been playing SC4 for a very very like time, I got it for my 13th birthday, and I'm now 26!
      99% of what I may is a hybrid between US And British styles, but I've never tried anything different. I've been looking at a lot of big Chinese cities and want to have a go.
      I know my custom content will all need changing, but other than just changing the building style, what else can be done? Are there any CJs which follow a chinese style city?
      I want to make a modern style city etc.
    • By Toothless Stitch
      To all mods: Feel free to move this thread to another section or pin it if you think it's interesting.
      Anyone who's interested in using street view and Google Earth might have figured out China is a tough location to find any information about. China doesn't allow to use any Google related programmes or tools and, therefore, Streetview and Bird's eye views or only rarely available. 
      However, China has their own software to discover their land:
      Baidu search engine: Chinas most used search engine and comparable with Google. Can be used as a good ressource to fins information about any building as long as searching for them in Chinese.

Tencent Maps: Tencent maps offers basically the same as Google Maps. Political, physical maps and satelite shots of most parts of the country including Street View in all major and many minor cities. Also, it offers a large database of building names in Chinese plus their adresses making it easy to get more pictures of it when searching through Baidu.

Edushi: Edushi has a large library of cities available from bird's eye view. It also has acces to every building in the maps giving the name and the address making it easy to get further information. To acces the cities, the easiest way is to replace Anyang by any other city in China which offers that mode. If it doesn't. you will get a traffic map of the city. The cities available are:
      Anyang, Baotou, Beijing, Changchun, Changsha, Chaozhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Danyang, Fushun, Fuyang, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Hangzhou, Hefei, Huizhou, Jiaxing, Jinan, Jingzhou, Jinhua, Jining, Jiujiang, Lijiang, Linfen, Lishui, Liuzhou, Nanchang, Nanchong, Nanjing, Nantong, Ningbo, Putian, Puyang, Qingdao, Qinhuangdao, Quanzhou, Rizhao, Shanghai, Shaoxing, Shenzhen (insert sz), Shijiazhuang, Suzhou, Taixing, Taizhou (Jiangsu), Tianjin, Weihai, Wuhan, Wuhu, Xian, Xiamen, Xinxiang, Yangzhou, Yinchuan, Yingkou, Yiwu, Zhengzhou, Zhuji, Zibo.

Just some hot tips in case any of you batters are planning to dedicate yourself to Chinese architecture. Those are my main sources. It needs some time to get used to it but it's definitely worth it. Have fun discovering China lol
    • By BossDragon
      http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/28/asia/china-canadian-kevin-garratt-indicted-spying-charges/index.html
      I would like to know what "evidence" they have, but that's probably not going to be revealed for a while, if ever.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• By madhatter106 · Posted
      Textures and detail work on this, particularly the rooftop patio and pool areas, are really great, and give this BAT lots of life.
      Apartment buildings have long been on my list to tackle BATting, just to add to the variety and compete with all the repetitive Maxis stuff.  With contributions like this, though, I feel like it wouldn't be worth my time, because mattb325 has them covered and done so very, very, very well.  Always a joy to see stuff like this on the STEX.
      A great addition to custom content.  Still goin' strong after all these years, mattb325 continues to amaze me.
    • By PatrickGestner · Posted
      Definitely not the Minocqua, Wisconsin I've known through my life, but nice map anyhow. I do the same with cities if I can't think of a name, I just use something I know.
    • By markussaage · Posted
      Nice BAT, would give 5/5, but attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should! Needs to be corrected by hand!
  • Recent STEX Comments

• The front of it is pretty much identical to "Cooley Law Stadium" (what Oldsmobile/Lugnuts Stadium is called these days) in Lansing, MI
    • Attention here, folks!!! The Seaview Apartments model in this download has the same IID as the Cast Iron Lofts model from Don Miguel! So it won't grow the way it should!
    • I know it's sized 2x1, but what kind of residential do I need to zone for this to grow? Light, medium, or high density? Or does it not matter? Anyone who can answer I appreciate it.
    • Love your work, but since a handful of files now from different users require offsite files that link to dead links I wish it was a rule here that all dependencies should be on site somehow. Thanks for the reup of the files...
    • I'm still working on the Maxis Vanilla tilesets presentation, but yeah its endless how many amazing artists have contributed to the SC4 repository over the past 14 years.  The problem with the tilesets and with RCI is that there's too much repetition.   I'm going to use for the first time a Maxis blocker that will eliminate all vanilla repetition and reveal whatever user created programming defines.  However, my project is not specific to agriculture.   We'll get back to that later.