• Moose

(Online and Offline) Wind Storage Batteries 1.0

(4.77)    (13 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Hey guys :)

This mod adds a brand new module to your wind power plant: wind storage batteries! These batteries can store up to 50 MWh and matches the daily power output of the plant itself.

The module can be bulldozed and can be found in the wind power plant's module menu. It will be the last icon.

A video will be posted here soon.

How to install:

1. Unzip the file.

2. Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

I used oppie's SimCityPak program to create this mod/building. Go here to download it: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/releases/view/122600

Enjoy! More mods and buildings are coming!

1 person likes this

User Feedback

haci falta este tipo de mods para el parque eolico, muy bien, gracias

1 person likes this

Share this comment

It's great you found these, but why didn't Maxis fully implement these into the game?

This is a great mod. I still don't entirely know how efficient these are, or if they are actually of any use. :P

Share this comment

Maxis did make these. You just need to purchase the CoT expansion ;)

Share this comment

Nice one CapTon, you found cut module power plant

but why didn't Maxis fully implement these into the game?

Because it was cut for final relase.

What does this module do exactly?

It stores more power if you plopped it and the city will keep power on. :)

Ignore that got some scripts error.

Maxis did make these. You just need to purchase the CoT expansion ;)

Wrong, Maxis did make storage batteries for beta before final release. It didn't included for expansion pack (CoT)

Share this comment

Any way you could fix the maintenance message / value you see when in the wind power station edit and you click on them?

Share this comment

I like it. It´s usefull  :)

Keep in mind there's a script error that you clicked a wind power plant, edit & selected a module battery.

Any way you could fix the maintenance message / value you see when in the wind power station edit and you click on them?

Well, shame that guy (CapTon) he just publishing a new mods and busy because he's working a another mod.

He didn't update his old mods and fixing script error.

Ignored, Just talking to CapTon.

Share this comment

This does not provide extra power. It also has an error on the maintenance message / value you see when in the wind power station. Please fix

Share this comment

Look at me downloading and installing my first MOD for SimCity!  I'm excited and scared at the same time!  I'm looking forward to messing around with these battery packs and seeing how they function.  Even if they're not quite useful I'm glad that I can use them online as I like to still play on the servers to use the fluctuating Global Market prices.  I'll be sure to post any bugs or errors.  Here's to finally having a reason to use wind power plants again!

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By CorinaMarie
      In my various Shoppes threads I've recommended for peeps to save a copy so they'd have them available if Photobucket ever borks my free account and the pictures go missing. I'd done that myself a few days ago. You know, File --> Save Page As ... --> (Type) Web Page, complete. I had this silly idea that saving the complete web page would be, well, COMPLETE. Like all the text and pictures. Turns out in Firefox that's not true unless one has this Add-On. And then one also reads this documentation. And then one adds a missing variable:

Once I did that (and restarted Firefox) I then did complete saves of my map making and shoppes threads, copied the files to a flash drive, loaded them onto one of my SC4 game comps (which is not connected to anything else), and then I could view the threads completely offline with all the pictures. So, this is just a heads-up post for peeps who might believe they've made a complete copy using Firefox and really didn't get the whole thread saved in a useful way.
      And, it would be nice if the gurus with other browsers test if theirs can make a true, complete offline copy and let us know here.

Edit: I'm adding CB's quote here since it's extremely relevant to my premise:

• By Mattness
      Please, I begin in the mods world and I'm lost : can you give me a link  witch I can download this mod ?
      Thank you ! 
    • By Hellken
      I found this internet gem. The site might be useful to some custom content developers here. 10 TB of free storage. I do not understand Chinese but I think you might have to use up a certain amount before you are allowed to use 10 TB.

Link: http://www.weiyun.com/index.html

Unfortunately it is only available in Chinese. No international translations are available.
    • By Bowhunt24
      Hey guys, so I just started playing online. It's fun! However it kept crashing and not saving and reverting my cities back to almost brand new. I figured it was my skyepack mod that I had installed. After uninstalling it seems to be working fine, but I MISS MY ONE WAY ROADS!!!!
      Is there a one way dir street mod that works with online mode? Not having one way roads and roundabouts  is ridiculous! For such a fancy game, it seems like OOB there are some pretty basic things missing :/
      Anyways, if anyone has any tips for modding online game play let me know! Also if you have any regions you are looking for players in, lmk. Looking to build in a "realistic" region with peeps. 
      Thanks again!
      Evan
    • By Bowhunt24
      Hi guys, I've been playing Sim City 5 now for a while (played all previous games) offline with mods, sandbox, etc. 
      I'm not venturing into online mode. I am using the latest skyepack mod as I have been for offline mode. I keep getting errors and city rollbacks, can't write to server, etc, etc. I usually end up having to abandon the city all together. 
      Are all of these issues related to the fact that I'm using a large mod like skyepack? Are there certain mods that are compatible with online mode?
      Thanks for any help! 
      Evan
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments