• Moose

(Offline Only) Public Works 1.0

(4.32)    (19 Reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

Hey guys :)

This mod adds a brand new building to the game called Public Works! This building produces both power and water and supports up to one hundred jobs. The building also costs $25,000 to plop and costs $250 to maintain.

The building can be bulldozed and can be found in the Custom Content menu from Project Akar (can be downloaded here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar-ui-enhancement/).

A video will be posted here soon.

How to install:

1. Unzip the file.

2. Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

Special thanks to:

Danny50205 - For finding this building for me.

I used oppie's SimCityPak program to create this mod/building. Go here to download it: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/releases/view/122600

Enjoy! More mods and buildings are coming!

1 person likes this

User Feedback

doesn't seem to allow people to actually work there. just stays stuck on "hiring"

2 people like this

Share this comment

And you made this too. Awesome job! Are there any more buildings that are hiding in the game, CapTon? :D

Share this comment

This building was hidden in the game. Now it is available for everybody as a new building.

Capton: Nice job. is this the first step for the auto-rebuild mod I requested?

Pinky!

Share this comment

I didn't understand the actual purpose of this building, but someone told me that it produced water and/or power, so I made it that way.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Currently wont allow sims to work there, no sims will walk in.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Not working for me. I drag drop that building but no one joined it, After 2 hours game play still asking for workers!

Share this comment

Not working for me. I drag drop that building but no one joined it, After 2 hours game play still asking for workers!

The same for me

1 person likes this

Share this comment

lt's not working. It stays in a state of 'hiring', and it module consists of the zeppelin.

Share this comment

I am not even getting the closed now hiring i am getting. population amount number residents. what did i do wrong?

Share this comment

This would be a great idea if you could get it to work! It would take up less space. Why doesn't it work? It is about 2 years later and still no one has fixed it! So, whats up?

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

03/20/2017

Hi Community! We're almost there for our March goals!  I just wanted to keep the momentum going so if you are able to help, please donate and get some gifts in exchange! Thanks so much to those who have helped out this month, we really appreciate it.
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By jpdepress
      Hello best community on this planet!

Few days ago I was watching videos on YT, then I saw creativeDEX. He impressed me so much! I took his idea of highway reconstruction/works and I decided I make it functional if it would be possible. This version seems best what I tried.
      Hope you enjoy guys and let me know, what you think!
      (sorry for my English if I did mistake)
      UPDATED VERSION with two lanes on each direction:
      Version with one lane on each direction:

• By RandyE

Current Game:
      Server:  North America West 1
      Map: Viridian Woods
      Region Name: New Horizons
      Username: Randy22E
      Time: 9PM Sat, Feb 11, 2017
      Access: Public, No sandbox, no mods other than CoT Expansion. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      Server:  North America West 1
      Map: Viridian Woods
      Region Name: STSC501
      Username: Randy22E
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Region: STSC501 filled up fast, so going to start STSC502 on same server, same map
      EDIT________________________________________________
      New Game started:
      Server: Pacific 1
      Region Name: PRCentral1 
      Map: Viridian Woods.
      Access: Public
      EDIT___________________________________________________
      I was going to edit in a table of servers and a sample of current activity around the world, but my HTML 4.01 Trans code didn't show, so here below is a comma delimited list, with leading spaces.   I didn't want to start a new post on the topic of SimCity (2013) servers, but will do so if required or recommended.
      Last night I enjoyed the Asia 2 server as it is very active with a variety of players, its real East Asia so there may be a language barrier at least, but here's where you will be sure to see the game well-played, and cities well-constructed mostly without mods.  
      Server: Asia 2
      Region Name: Simtropolis I
      Map: Viridian Woods.
      Access: Public
      The number of active online players below is sampled from the first 12 games available, times indicated are generalized from UTC/GMT timezones.  All times are relative to my location on the west coast of North America (-8 UTC/GMT).
      NAME OF SERVER,  NUMBER OF PLAYERS ONLINE, TIME OF DAY/NIGHT

Asia 2, 14 ,1 PM
      South America,  3, 11 PM
      Pacific 1,  3,  4 PM
      Pacific 2,  2,  4 PM
      Antarctica,  1,  -
      Oceanic 2 , 5,  5 PM
      Oceanic 1,  4,  5 PM
      Europe East 3, 2, 8 AM
      Europe East 2,  0,  8 AM
      North America West 3,  9,  9 PM
      Europe West 6,  3,  5 AM
      North America East 4,  3,  12 AM
      Europe West 5,  3,  5 AM
      North America East 3,  5,  12 AM
      North America West 4,  2,  9 PM
      Asia, 12,  1 PM
      Europe East 1,  5,  8 AM
      Europe West 4,  1,  5 AM
      Europe West 3,  0,  5 AM
      Europe West 2,  1,  5 AM
      Europe West 1,  4,  5 AM
      North America East 2,  3,  12 AM
      North America East 1, 6, 12 AM
      North America West 2,  3,  9 PM
      North America West 1,  5,  9 PM
      Test,  4,   -
      In my various Shoppes threads I've recommended for peeps to save a copy so they'd have them available if Photobucket ever borks my free account and the pictures go missing. I'd done that myself a few days ago. You know, File --> Save Page As ... --> (Type) Web Page, complete. I had this silly idea that saving the complete web page would be, well, COMPLETE. Like all the text and pictures. Turns out in Firefox that's not true unless one has this Add-On. And then one also reads this documentation. And then one adds a missing variable:

Once I did that (and restarted Firefox) I then did complete saves of my map making and shoppes threads, copied the files to a flash drive, loaded them onto one of my SC4 game comps (which is not connected to anything else), and then I could view the threads completely offline with all the pictures. So, this is just a heads-up post for peeps who might believe they've made a complete copy using Firefox and really didn't get the whole thread saved in a useful way.
      And, it would be nice if the gurus with other browsers test if theirs can make a true, complete offline copy and let us know here.

Edit: I'm adding CB's quote here since it's extremely relevant to my premise:

• By Mattness
      Please, I begin in the mods world and I'm lost : can you give me a link  witch I can download this mod ?
      Thank you ! 
    • By EarnestErnest
      Greetings

So I just started building in my second map, being this Trinity point, and it happened that  when I zoned for residential in the boundaries of a high-wealth zone effect(provided by the aquarium plaza on the left) some kind of lake originated instead of a building. At first I thought.. Ok..maybe it is some kind of high-wealth pool.But honestly I think it must be a bug. I can't bulldoze it and can't query on it. It's indeed a lake and not a visual glitch because If I try to build a road on it a pop-up message notifies me of wrong bridge placement.

I am not using any mod, just the vanilla simcity with the official DLCS.

So, has it happened to you before?

Regards.

EDIT: Oh wait after inspecting the lake I found the building using my x-ray vision(Happiness MAP). It is in the bottom of the lake.. COOL
      PD2: Lakebug2 is a gif(so the low quality)
      EDIT 2: Bulldozing the now clickable mansion beneath levels back again the terrain

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments