• Moose

(Online and Offline) Solar Storage Batteries 1.0

(4.64)    (14 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

Hey all :)

This mod adds a brand new module to your solar power plant; solar storage batteries! These batteries can store up to 50 MWh and matches the daily power output of the plant itself.

The module can be bulldozed and can be found in the solar power plant's module menu. It will be the last icon.

A video will be posted here soon.

How to install:

1. Unzip the file.

2. Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

I used oppie's SimCityPak program to create this mod/building. Go here to download it: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/releases/view/122600

Enjoy! More mods and buildings are coming!

Toe Redfiled likes this

User Feedback

Nice mod, Capton. :)

Say, now that you're searching around, they showed High Voltage Pylons in one of the demo vids prior to SimCity's release. They were red white. You can be sure that they're also somewhere to be found. Who knows, maybe they can be useful. :)

Share this comment

I have to ask, what is the purpose of this one? As far as I can tell, the Solar power plants already have batteries and they generate the same amount of power at night as the cells did during the day. Is that not correct?

-K

Share this comment

there is a bug with this. I don't know if this is a  or not, but the same bug DOES appear with the mod for Dormitoryforcommunitycollege.package so I assume it IS a conflict with another mod. It's not serious; it just makes you unable to see how many students, for the college, or how much MW stored in your batteries. When I have time, I'll try just your solar mod with each mod I suspect and without that mod, to see which one it is.

Dammit, I took screenshot of the college to upload to their page and screenshot of yours but none of the screenshots show the popup for information on students or, for yours, the power stored in the batteries and how it's bugged. Basically, it doesnt show the power stored; it always shows a red bar (as if empty) but it still stores as it's supposed to.

I'll update this post for results on the conflict. ty for such a great mod!! It's ridiculous you had to build another power plant to run during the night, before your mod :)

Share this comment

Many thanks for your useful mod! But you could not correct mod so that you can see whether the additional battery charged or not? The same goes for your other mods (for wind power, for example), or in the comments was about school / college that does not display the number of students ...
I apologize if this error is just me. Then I will understand, that may hinder modes. Also, I apologize if this has already been corrected.
Just your modes is very useful, but not enough opportunity to see whether the energy of students, etc. very frustrating.

Share this comment

where exactly is the snap point for this cause I cant seem to find a place to plop it down anywhere. unless that's just me being noob

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Paraffine
      Hello there, I was wondering if there is a way to force the game checking agents numbers to get rid of "phantom" criminals and "phantom" trash/recycle cans showed in the respective panel when the data map is totally clear. Or at least if there is a save editor or a way to fix those bugged number with an hex editor or something.

I know it's not game/breaking to  have fake counters but it still bugs me and I'd like to solve it if that's possible.

Cheers and thank you in advance.
      Edit: I have 2 things I gotta add, I tried the RealPopulation mod and it doesn't seem to solve the issue in any way, also I am experiencing this bug with incoming workers too, I went from a situation where I needed mostly high and mid wealth workers cause my population was mostly low wealth to the opposite, cause after building the arcology I "upgraded" my city population to mid and high wealth, now the game shows me thousands of incoming workers a day in the Pop Detail windows when I have none.

It would be cool to somehow force the game to "count again" the actual agents or at least to have a save editor to manually fix those empty numbers, someone could point in the right direction of how to do it if a "Premade" tool doesn't exist?
    • By RandyE
      Public Region:    Micropolis
      Started by: Randy22E, on July 3.  New region with same name started July 15.
      Server: North America West 1,  Region Map: Viridian Woods
      ======================================================
      Consider playing with random disasters disabled, as well you can find a reliable mod on this site that will disable the day/night cycle so you can focus on gameplay. You can enter and view cities from the main menu without having to claim a city.
      +++++++++++++++
      All welcome to join. 
      ---------------------------------------------
      Official site server list and status:  http://www.SimCity.com/en_US/server-status 
    • By CorinaMarie
      In my various Shoppes threads I've recommended for peeps to save a copy so they'd have them available if Photobucket ever borks my free account and the pictures go missing. I'd done that myself a few days ago. You know, File --> Save Page As ... --> (Type) Web Page, complete. I had this silly idea that saving the complete web page would be, well, COMPLETE. Like all the text and pictures. Turns out in Firefox that's not true unless one has this Add-On. And then one also reads this documentation. And then one adds a missing variable:

Once I did that (and restarted Firefox) I then did complete saves of my map making and shoppes threads, copied the files to a flash drive, loaded them onto one of my SC4 game comps (which is not connected to anything else), and then I could view the threads completely offline with all the pictures. So, this is just a heads-up post for peeps who might believe they've made a complete copy using Firefox and really didn't get the whole thread saved in a useful way.
      And, it would be nice if the gurus with other browsers test if theirs can make a true, complete offline copy and let us know here.

Edit: I'm adding CB's quote here since it's extremely relevant to my premise:

• By catty-cb
      A new solar power plant in Datong, China, however, decided to have a little fun with its design.
      China Merchants New Energy Group, one of the country’s largest clean energy operators, built a 248-acre solar farm in the shape of a giant panda.
      Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com/china-panda-solar-power-plant-2017-7#Yg5oo5duVXb8yUB4.99   EDIT: Another Link   https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/world/94516170/chinas-builds-a-100hectare-solar-farm-shape-like-a-giant-panda   Not sure what it actually looks like as the pictures are artists impressions
    • By nos.17
        "U-Stor is the leading provider of clean, safe, and individually alarmed self-storage mini warehouses. We offer the affordable solution to your storage needs at competitive rates."   This BAT was originally created by Bobbo662 (aka B62). Unfortunately, due to real life circumstances, he was unable to finish the lot and was just sitting around on his hard drive. After talking with him, he graciously handed his work over to me to finish and subsequently upload for yall.   For comments/feedback/critique/praise visit my lot thread or drop me a pm. I'd be happy to help. Also, visit the website for full sized images.     -------
      Stats:
      -------
      6x7 Plop CS$, 6x7 & 5x5 Grow CS$
           Growth Stage: 1
           Jobs : 14 CS$
           Plop Cost : $5000
           Bulldoze Cost : $500
           Power Consumed : 1
           Water Consumed : 6
           All Pollution : Negligible
           Flamability : 45

------------------
      Dependencies:
      ------------------
      SHK Parking Pack
      (The Maxis Tree Replacement Mod is recommended to replace Maxis trees)

And above all... have fun!
      nos.17

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Thanks, T Wrecks...rewards are such a giant pain to make! So I usually try and put something daft in to try and compensate...this is my nod to the g20 . As far as I know, the OG doesn't do anything, but there is an ATR file in sim city1. dat  (I think it's 0x49a59e37 - 0x01601900), but it might have been deemed a bit too graphic, or it could just have been like the other dozen or so atr files that aren't used in anything....   Oh, and btw, citybuilder234, the building looks like whatever I tell you it looks like.....
    • It doesn't even look like a convention center. Looks like a building at a community college or a state university.
    • Wow, what a fantastic building! I like the intricate shapes of this one, and the many different areas. There are so many details to take in that it really takes a while to grasp the entire structure. I also agree that there's not much going in in terms of conference centres, so this really fills a gap. Kudos for all the reward modding too - I know that part is pretty tedious und ungratifying work (unless you're some sick masochist ). What I also like is how well the lot complements the building, and it acomplishes that with so few and so simple means. Just a few default overlays and props, and we have a lot that leaves nothing to be desired. The one tiny suggestion I have is that all your recent buildings have had their names (and, in cases like this one, also their function) baked into the model. This is not bad generally because it allows a better visual appearance, but sometimes it limits flexibility a bit. The building in question could totally double as a modern city college, for example, or maybe even as a university (not all modern universities are sitting on a lush campus, after all!), but then there's the "Convention Center" lettering in front. I guess it can be covered with cleverly placed flora props... Fun fact: I never knew that there was an Occupant Group "burning dude maker" - what the...???