• Moose

(Online and Offline) Solar Storage Batteries 1.0

(4.64)    (14 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

Hey all :)

This mod adds a brand new module to your solar power plant; solar storage batteries! These batteries can store up to 50 MWh and matches the daily power output of the plant itself.

The module can be bulldozed and can be found in the solar power plant's module menu. It will be the last icon.

A video will be posted here soon.

How to install:

1. Unzip the file.

2. Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

I used oppie's SimCityPak program to create this mod/building. Go here to download it: http://simcitypak.codeplex.com/releases/view/122600

Enjoy! More mods and buildings are coming!

Toe Redfiled likes this

User Feedback

Nice mod, Capton. :)

Say, now that you're searching around, they showed High Voltage Pylons in one of the demo vids prior to SimCity's release. They were red white. You can be sure that they're also somewhere to be found. Who knows, maybe they can be useful. :)

Share this comment

I have to ask, what is the purpose of this one? As far as I can tell, the Solar power plants already have batteries and they generate the same amount of power at night as the cells did during the day. Is that not correct?

-K

Share this comment

there is a bug with this. I don't know if this is a  or not, but the same bug DOES appear with the mod for Dormitoryforcommunitycollege.package so I assume it IS a conflict with another mod. It's not serious; it just makes you unable to see how many students, for the college, or how much MW stored in your batteries. When I have time, I'll try just your solar mod with each mod I suspect and without that mod, to see which one it is.

Dammit, I took screenshot of the college to upload to their page and screenshot of yours but none of the screenshots show the popup for information on students or, for yours, the power stored in the batteries and how it's bugged. Basically, it doesnt show the power stored; it always shows a red bar (as if empty) but it still stores as it's supposed to.

I'll update this post for results on the conflict. ty for such a great mod!! It's ridiculous you had to build another power plant to run during the night, before your mod :)

Share this comment

Many thanks for your useful mod! But you could not correct mod so that you can see whether the additional battery charged or not? The same goes for your other mods (for wind power, for example), or in the comments was about school / college that does not display the number of students ...
I apologize if this error is just me. Then I will understand, that may hinder modes. Also, I apologize if this has already been corrected.
Just your modes is very useful, but not enough opportunity to see whether the energy of students, etc. very frustrating.

Share this comment

where exactly is the snap point for this cause I cant seem to find a place to plop it down anywhere. unless that's just me being noob

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

05/23/2017

Simtropolis is now an affiliate of GOG.com! When you use one of our affiliate links to GOG.com, all it means is that Simtropolis has a chance to earn a small commission from any purchases you might make. So if you see something that tickles your fancy, please use our affiliate links and by doing so, you'll help support Simtropolis! Thanks!
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RandyE
      Starting New PUBLIC Region, May 4, 2017
      Username: Randy22E
      SimCity 2013, NA release, Digital Deluxe, 10.3.4
      Individual Game Settings:  Disasters disabled
      Text Chat Settings: Origin disabled, In-game enabled
      Server: North America West 1
      Region Map: Viridian Woods
      Region Name: Heavy Trade 2
      All welcome to join. 
      +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      PROGRESS:  No. 9 on Leaderboard for Simoleons. All cities full May 11. Pop. 965.000
      ================================
      Here's a link to the official site server list and status:
      http://www.SimCity.com/en_US/server-status

Issues related to online game-play:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I haven't completed a list of official (non-user-created) DLCs for SC5 (2013), but below are general indicators of what variation there may be in content between players online:
      Editions:
      Limited, Digital Deluxe, Collectors
      Releases:
      Windows: NA, EU, AU, JP, UK, Worldwide, Mac OSX
      Latest Version:  10.03.04.00
      -------------------------------------------------------
      So far I have determined that user-created mods are less likely to cause difficulty in online game-play than the yet 'unfixed' condition of different official DLCs causing the 'unable to reclaim' error. 
      If a city is abandoned by another player and you can't reclaim it, it is most-likely because of the variation in official DLC. 
      Not being able to reclaim an abandoned city is most-likely the difference of which 'release' is being used by different players.  Some content that was available for free and has been discontinued is furthermore likely to cause the error.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      All welcome to join means ALL regardless of geographic location, release or OS.
      From the multiplayer menu you can view a region and visit the cities in the region without having to 'claim' a city to get inside to look around.  This way you can choose from several public regions with active players to join, and then claim a city in one you want to play without immediately leaving behind an abandoned city that can't be reclaimed by others if they have different DLCs.
    • By Silur
      Simtropolis = where to keep images ? I had a FROG, now PHOTOBUCKET there is a box in Simtroplis. But there is no single Bank. We see that all the work turns to dust. There are normal thoughts?
      I tried to work with OneDrive by Microsoft - but it only gives a link to my jpg. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    • By Chief ZDN
      This topic is related to the SimPeg Reborn topic. Although there is no discussion about Pegasus. The opinion from that topic is 'included'.
      Hello everyone,
      We are in the SimCity 4 Dark Age. The activity is decreased. Almost-stuck modding development. And, the competition from C:S. The valuable mod, especially hosted in small site (like Japanese SC fansite), is in almost-compromise condition. Because of this, we want to preserves future mods to other places, for example a mod is uploaded to LEX & STEX. However, this is require much effort, especially for reuploading big mods like NAM (I don't mention illegal reupload, I mention the legal reupload by the author) to other places. Some techniques are used, including uploading to the ModDB (NAM Team already did that). But, for more easier uploading, we need an API. I will show you the information about project, goal of the project, specifications, and challenges.
      Information
      The project name is SimxUpload. That's acronym of SimCity Cross-upload. The goal is to provide easier way to modders to upload their works to all exchanges, like LEX and STEX. The GitHub organization is on https://github.com/simxupload. The repository currently empty because I can't make commit from my Android tablet (Is there an Android app allow me to make a commit? The GitHub web commit tools that's available when creating a file is bad). If you want help me setup the repo, please PM me. The project structure is Leader, Co-leader, Senior Dev, Developer, Senior Volunteers, and Volunteers. The project change is pull-request based. So, everyone (especially seniors) can review the pull-requests.
      Specifications
      We will create some specs for library developer, exchange webmaster, and mod storage webmaster. I don't make it because it's difficult to make specs on my tablet.
      Challenges
      We know that the exchange available space is going running out if we directly upload the mod to the exchange. Because of this, we offer option for modders which can upload to the mod storages like ModDB and even, Amazon S3 (this is suitable for project that have a website). Also, we know that many exchanges like the LEX don't have option to refer the download link to the other link. By this, we will discuss with the webmaster and we will spread the spec more. We also will provide the 'locked' attribute and auto-text that write download link in the description (if you don't want this 'cheaty' feature, reply this topic).
      We know that implementing the API to your site is difficult. To solve this, we will 'hire' developers and we give our spec open-source. Also, we will make libraries to support this action.
      Want to join with us? Just PM me. I will add you to the GitHub. But, make sure you have the GitHub project management knowledge and other knowledge if any depending your position.
      We need logo! If you can create us logo, send it to me. If your logo is good, we will use it and we will like it. The logo must use flat-design (to ensure the legibility) and have 3 versions, full color, single color, and mono-chrome. The logo must reflect our values. The logo must legible in mobile devices.
      If you have question/suggestion, reply this. And, thank you.
      The project is failed due to incorrect time & condition. I forget that modding activity is slowing down. Sorry for inconvenient.
    • By Pegasus
      The Solar Collector 2 is a modified version of the original Solar Collector. It is virtually identical to the updated original in all regards except appearance. For reality buffs, the comical AA batteries have been replaced with a more real-world look.
      This lot does not replace either the original or the updated original version. Both lots can be used at the same time with separate icons appearing for both in the Utilities Power menu. Both versions have identical properties but will be listed in your budget window as separate power plant types.
      The parking lot on the lot is transit enabled. You may have to manually connect it. However, like the windmills, the lot does not have to have road access. 
      * Special thanks to Pegadyne Industries for their development of the new photo-electric collectors used in these plants that produce a viable amount of power from a relatively small collection surface.

** This lot uses props from the following files:
      Peg Trail Parks III
      Peg Lakeside Resort
      **This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.
      All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.
    • By Pegasus
      The Solar Collector 3 combines 10 solar collectors into a single facility producing 5,000 MWh/month of clean and efficient power for your cities. Unlike the game's default solar plant, which employs the Concentrated Solar Power principle of using mirrors to focus heat that is converted to electricity, these true solar collectors use  Photo-voltaic cells, which convert sunlight directly into electricity.
      The plop cost, power produced, and maintenance costs for this facility are the same as building 10, single solar collector plants. This combined facility merely saves a little space with the added convenience of a single plop and budget item.
      This is a conditional reward power plant. It will become available in the game after you have met the same conditions required to make the game's default solar plant available. (High Wealth Residential Population - 3000 Mayor Rating - 55)
      The office/warehouse is part of a 2 structure building prop family to add a little variety. When plopped, one of the two structures will be randomly selected for the lot. The lot is transit enabled and should be connected by street to your traffic network.
      * Special thanks to Pegadyne Industries for their development of the new photo-electric collectors used in these plants that produce a viable amount of power from a relatively small collection surface.

** This lot requires the installation of the PEG Solar Collector 2 power plant.
      ** This lot requires PEG Lakeside Resort (PEG_Resort-Pack_205.dat)
      **This file currently contains an .exe installer suitable for windows users.  These files are in the process of being updated with zip files and this message will be removed once the update is complete.
      All Pegasus files are now legacy content and are no longer officially supported - however support from the wider community can be requested here.
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• If anything it's possible for a river with lots of flow to widen abruptly when the channel shape shifts from deep and narrow to wide and shallow.
    • @mattb325 Yes, I enjoy doing this on my days off. I will have a Kmart, Walmart, and Lowes foods tomorrow.
    • I do plan on doing more to these lots, I'm am looking for some tree and plants props, I did place car props but that don't seem to come up maybe try redoing. I also plan on do more gat station by Deadwood. And a little more of B62. 
    • Haha! Thanks @T Wrecks - I have visited that site plenty of times before, it is very good for a laugh, but had forgotten about it for a while. There's also this one which shows just the opposite end of the hell-spectrum: http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/
    • It's good to have yo on board as a lotter, and even better to see old models aren't that forsaken after all. For the fist one (which I like best model-wise), the base texture is not ideal IMO, however. It blurs with the roof of the shop building, makes it hard to tell what's going on on the lot, and it also contrasts very strongly with the modeled concrete around the petrol pumps. I think a very light grey would complement the buildings a bit better. The second one is similar, plus I think it the lot may be somewhat big for the building. All of the lots could use some more props - maybe a fence around the back, some parked cars, the odd oil drum here or there, maybe some crates and/or a dumpster behind the building, or a trashcan somewhere... deadwoods has made some really neat servo station props for his "Deadwoods Petrol" series that you could also use to great effect. As it stands, the lots look kinda barren and deserted. Since you're using SHK's textures & props anyway, you could also try to get some more mileage out of them; perhaps by putting some defined parking spots near the shop building. But most importantly, have fun and keep 'em coming!