• Moose

[100% GUARANTEED PLOP FIX] School of Education 1.3

(4.50)    (12 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

NOTE: When updating this mod for your game, please remove the older version of this mod from your SCData folder and replace it with this new one.

Hey all :)

You can now plop a brand new university building: the School of Education!

I've been working to get this building into the game for MONTHS, and now it's finally in.

Purposes:

It boosts education and high tech industry. We are working to give it something special like all other university schools.

It can now be plopped as a module, so you just go to the University's module menu and you'll find it there. :)

Here's the video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xJwMERazlw&hd=1[/youtube]

The video is a bit outdated (was meant for 1.1) but is still viewable.

How to install:

- Unzip the file.

- Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

Special thanks to:

- Yayie: For testing out the mod and placing it in a functioning menu (university module menu was not working out).

- Xoxide: For attempting to help me with the creation of this mod.

- MaxisGuillaume: For attempting to help me with the creation of this mod from the very beginning.

Enjoy! More mods are coming!

What's New in Version 1.3   See Changelog

Released

• Will now not disappear when plopped (100% guaranteed!)

Toe Redfiled and wetdirt114 like this

User Feedback

Rock On Cap. So Cool, Right on time Getting ready to tryt to build Atlanta Now I can build UGA. & GA. Tech. YAHOO Buildings!!!!!!!

CapTon likes this

Share this comment

OMG A BUILDING!! :D

the start of a new era for SimCity modding huh? ^^

neek week on the 18th is a golden globe for SimCity 2013

Share this comment

neek week on the 18th is a golden globe for SimCity 2013

What do you mean by that? I guess I'll see xD

Share this comment

Haha :) maybe.

Hehe C: time for new buildings to pop up now ^^

Share this comment

Cap great work.. goes to show you team work in the end is what will change everything.. I'm happy for you on this mod finally being what you want and look forward to its evolution as everyone becomes more capable and aware of what needs to be done to make things work and function.

proud of you all

Share this comment

i have always  disappear when plopped for me..... , and i have your version 1.1..

Me too.

Share this comment

Great pace on modding guys... absolutely amazing :) Allow me to go a bit off topic - Capton, can you take a look at your Multiple Landmarks mod? It seems people are getting the "Not Approved" thing after plopping 3 Landmarks :P

Share this comment

I try to use v1.2 but it still doesn't work. it disappeared when plopped.... I use Simcity Japanese edition with mod (akar set, orion, UDoN, Coastline and Waterway).

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/30/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By RafaPi
      How can a convert any building into a school?
    • By mattb325
      Eddy Hall, Minnesota, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by a picture posted by a member of Simtropolis, the real Eddy Hall was constructed in 1886 as the Mechanic Arts Building for the University of Minnesota.
      The actual building is a simplified Queen Anne style executed in red-brick and red sandstone trim. The square tower which is slightly offset from the centre of the building dominates the frontage; it, together with the multi-gabled roof, large windows, patterned brick panels and wrough iron cresting make this a charming, eye catching building.
      This version is not a 100% accurate copy, but it is true to the language of the architectural style of the original building and this is simply one that I made for myself, but have decided to share with the community.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services (3x2 and 3x3...there is always an insatiable need for CS§§§ in game) and a ploppable College on a 4x4 lot, which is found in the Education Menu.
      STATS CS§§§:
      Lot size :                  3x2 & 3x3
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §610
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 975, CS§§ 246, CS§§§100
      Pollution:                  6 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    249 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

STATS COLLEGE:
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         Ploppable; Plop Cost §1,650
      Bulldoze Cost:         §140
      Catalogue Capacity:  4,000
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Coverage Radius:     5,600
      EQ Boost:                  24
      Power Consumed:   6 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    23 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:      Civic; Strikable Education; College
      Cost:                           §650
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *SHK_ParkingPack.dat (

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!

• By IDS2
      Rapson Library is an early 60s academic building based heavily on the University of Minnesota's Rapson Hall, located on the east bank of the Twin Cities campus. It is named for modernist architect Ralph Rapson, who was the head of the university's architecture department from 1954 to 1984. Though Rapson was responsible for a sizeable number of modernist works, perhaps he is best known for his Riverside Plaza apartment complex, which received mainstream attention when it was featured in the Mary Tyler Moore Show. To be clear, the real-world Rapson Hall was not designed by Ralph Rapson, but rather by Thorshov and Cerny, another Minneapolis-based firm.
      As the title suggests, I have modded this building as a library. One dependency is required - Volume 1 of the Cycledogg BSC texture pack. As always, I have included two options for the night scene: one that fits with the game's default night mode, and one that makes use of Simfox's delightful darknite mod.
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
    • By IDS2
      Another Minnesota building! It's almost as if I have a preference for that sort of thing.
      This particular building is located by the Mississippi River's western bank, right at the heart of the western portion of the University of Minnesota's Twin Cities campus. Dating to 1963, it was among the first buildings to be completed as part of the university's expansion across the river. Over 50 years later, it remains the tallest university building on the western side of the river and is home to, unsurprisingly, a number of social science departmental offices. 
      I've modded it as a ploppable college building as well as a growable CO$$ building. As usual, both darknite and maxisnite versions are included. The darknite scene requires this lovely mod from Simfox. Otherwise, this baby is dependency free.
      Note that two versions of this model are included - one with modeled ground and one with an editable lot. I kept the editable version simple so you can play around with it freely - I'm curious to see what you all come up with!
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
    • By Moses Zal
      Let's say I built 2 elementary schools next to each others, do they boost the areas where their coverage circles overlap by 24 or 48?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)
    • Very nice, too bad the Grass Textures dont match my Terrain Mod
    • The appropriate words escape me - this is freaking brilliant!!! You've done some great stuff over the years Rivit (particularly from an Australian bias), but this tool is, well, exemplary. I've been away for some years and have missed a lot, but this one has been a significant highlight as I try to wrangle my old plugin folder into line (which, prior to running this, I thought was in pretty good shape...)