• Moose

[100% GUARANTEED PLOP FIX] School of Education 1.3

(4.50)    (12 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

NOTE: When updating this mod for your game, please remove the older version of this mod from your SCData folder and replace it with this new one.

Hey all :)

You can now plop a brand new university building: the School of Education!

I've been working to get this building into the game for MONTHS, and now it's finally in.

Purposes:

It boosts education and high tech industry. We are working to give it something special like all other university schools.

It can now be plopped as a module, so you just go to the University's module menu and you'll find it there. :)

Here's the video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xJwMERazlw&hd=1[/youtube]

The video is a bit outdated (was meant for 1.1) but is still viewable.

How to install:

- Unzip the file.

- Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

Special thanks to:

- Yayie: For testing out the mod and placing it in a functioning menu (university module menu was not working out).

- Xoxide: For attempting to help me with the creation of this mod.

- MaxisGuillaume: For attempting to help me with the creation of this mod from the very beginning.

Enjoy! More mods are coming!

What's New in Version 1.3   See Changelog

Released

• Will now not disappear when plopped (100% guaranteed!)

Toe Redfiled and wetdirt114 like this

User Feedback

Rock On Cap. So Cool, Right on time Getting ready to tryt to build Atlanta Now I can build UGA. & GA. Tech. YAHOO Buildings!!!!!!!

CapTon likes this

Share this comment

OMG A BUILDING!! :D

the start of a new era for SimCity modding huh? ^^

neek week on the 18th is a golden globe for SimCity 2013

Share this comment

neek week on the 18th is a golden globe for SimCity 2013

What do you mean by that? I guess I'll see xD

Share this comment

Haha :) maybe.

Hehe C: time for new buildings to pop up now ^^

Share this comment

Cap great work.. goes to show you team work in the end is what will change everything.. I'm happy for you on this mod finally being what you want and look forward to its evolution as everyone becomes more capable and aware of what needs to be done to make things work and function.

proud of you all

Share this comment

i have always  disappear when plopped for me..... , and i have your version 1.1..

Me too.

Share this comment

Great pace on modding guys... absolutely amazing :) Allow me to go a bit off topic - Capton, can you take a look at your Multiple Landmarks mod? It seems people are getting the "Not Approved" thing after plopping 3 Landmarks :P

Share this comment

I try to use v1.2 but it still doesn't work. it disappeared when plopped.... I use Simcity Japanese edition with mod (akar set, orion, UDoN, Coastline and Waterway).

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/12/2017

If you can, please help us reach our June donation goal!  Please note that the STEX Collector's Set gift can now be sent to you by digital download, as well as by mail! Simtropolis runs mostly on donations, as you know, every dollar helps us keep things up and running and bring in improvements from time to time. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
    • Dirktator

06/22/2017

We've received a recommendation to consider some hardware upgrades to our aging server. As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the additional load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task.  You may have noticed that we've been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we work out allocating resources for more optimal performance. We've also applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is something we'd like to be able to upgrade. The last time we upgraded hardware was a in 2012. Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Your contribution means a lot!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      This BAT is loosely based on a real school in Bourke Street Surry Hills and acts a combined older style elementary and high school with an expanded school coverage radius.

Description
      During the middle of the 19th Century, the NSW government embarked on a massive school building program in order to relieve the pressures of substandard and over-crowded schools; the problem being particularly chronic in inner city Sydney.
      This building, completed in 1884, was designed as a model school to replace the previous temporary buildings which had housed students since the early 1800s.

It is modelled (a la mode) in the Italianate Palace Style and construction costs were unparalleled.

Designed as both a junior and senior school, 19thCentury sensibilities abound: high narrow windows to allow abundant light and airflow, but high enough to stop indolent daydreaming; a small bell tower to announce class times with a single peal and separate entrances for boys and girls in the front senior wing.

The larger junior wing (Kindergarten to Year 6) has a single cupola dome to mark the entrance for all students. The time and weather-worn motto of the school is carved in sandstone on each of the front Gable projections: “VERITATE VERITUTE”

This school still stands and has served the children of Surry Hills, Strawberry Hill, Redfern, Moore Park and Waterloo for over 120 years.

Lot Details and Information

Lot size: 4 x 4 tiles Menu position: Building: Civic,Building: School,Building: SchoolsK6,Building: Strikable Education,BTE : Education Jobs: Jobs $ : 6,Jobs $$ : 8,Jobs $$$ : 2,R-$ : 6,R-$$ : 8,R-$$$ : 2 Plop cost : § 300 Bulldoze cost: § 30 Monthly cost:
    • By mattb325
      Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the recent SC3000 uploads, the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), San Francisco is a non-profit organisation and holds an internationally recognised collection of modern and contemporary art, and was the first museum on the US West Coast devoted solely to 20th Century art.
      The present building was designed by Mario Botta in the late 1980s and the building - as depicted here in SC4 - was completed in 1995.
      It was recently given a large extension in 2009, but I have not modelled that part of the building.
      This building acts as a Museum and sits on a 4x4 lot providing 315 highly desirable civic jobs and gives a large educational boost across a wide radius.
      It is found in the Education Menu.

STATS MUSEUM:
      Lot size :                   4x4
      Growth Stage:          Ploppable only;  Plop Cost: § 22,250
      Bulldoze Cost:          §31,110
      Wealth:                       §§
      Jobs/Demand:         § 43; §§ 195; §§§ 77
      Catalogue Capacity: 310
      Pollution:                   7 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 3 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:       3/4/0
      Coverage Radius:     8,360
      Capacity:                    98,500
      EQ Boost:                   40
      Power Consumed:    13 Mwh
      Water Consumed:     48 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:       Civic; Museum
      Cost:                            §900
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.
      DEPENDENCIES:
      There are no external dependencies for this lot.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
    • By RafaPi
      How can a convert any building into a school?
    • By mattb325
      Eddy Hall, Minnesota, by Mattb325.
      Inspired by a picture posted by a member of Simtropolis, the real Eddy Hall was constructed in 1886 as the Mechanic Arts Building for the University of Minnesota.
      The actual building is a simplified Queen Anne style executed in red-brick and red sandstone trim. The square tower which is slightly offset from the centre of the building dominates the frontage; it, together with the multi-gabled roof, large windows, patterned brick panels and wrough iron cresting make this a charming, eye catching building.
      This version is not a 100% accurate copy, but it is true to the language of the architectural style of the original building and this is simply one that I made for myself, but have decided to share with the community.
      The lot comes in two flavours: a growable Commercial Services (3x2 and 3x3...there is always an insatiable need for CS§§§ in game) and a ploppable College on a 4x4 lot, which is found in the Education Menu.
      STATS CS§§§:
      Lot size :                  3x2 & 3x3
      Growth Stage:         4 & 5 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §610
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§ 975, CS§§ 246, CS§§§100
      Pollution:                  6 (Air)/ 4 (Water)/ 8 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:   28 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    249 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Services Building

STATS COLLEGE:
      Lot size :                  4x4
      Growth Stage:         Ploppable; Plop Cost §1,650
      Bulldoze Cost:         §140
      Catalogue Capacity:  4,000
      Pollution:                  3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Coverage Radius:     5,600
      EQ Boost:                  24
      Power Consumed:   6 Mwh
      Water Consumed:    23 Gal/Month
      Occupant Group:      Civic; Strikable Education; College
      Cost:                           §650
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC BAT Props - Mattb325 Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383)
      *BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1180)
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)
      *BSC Texture Pack - Cycledogg V01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=101)
      *SHK_ParkingPack.dat (

To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks, and enjoy!

• By IDS2
      Rapson Library is an early 60s academic building based heavily on the University of Minnesota's Rapson Hall, located on the east bank of the Twin Cities campus. It is named for modernist architect Ralph Rapson, who was the head of the university's architecture department from 1954 to 1984. Though Rapson was responsible for a sizeable number of modernist works, perhaps he is best known for his Riverside Plaza apartment complex, which received mainstream attention when it was featured in the Mary Tyler Moore Show. To be clear, the real-world Rapson Hall was not designed by Ralph Rapson, but rather by Thorshov and Cerny, another Minneapolis-based firm.
      As the title suggests, I have modded this building as a library. One dependency is required - Volume 1 of the Cycledogg BSC texture pack. As always, I have included two options for the night scene: one that fits with the game's default night mode, and one that makes use of Simfox's delightful darknite mod.
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments