• Moose

[100% GUARANTEED PLOP FIX] School of Education 1.3

(4.50)    (12 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

NOTE: When updating this mod for your game, please remove the older version of this mod from your SCData folder and replace it with this new one.

Hey all :)

You can now plop a brand new university building: the School of Education!

I've been working to get this building into the game for MONTHS, and now it's finally in.

Purposes:

It boosts education and high tech industry. We are working to give it something special like all other university schools.

It can now be plopped as a module, so you just go to the University's module menu and you'll find it there. :)

Here's the video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xJwMERazlw&hd=1[/youtube]

The video is a bit outdated (was meant for 1.1) but is still viewable.

How to install:

- Unzip the file.

- Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

Special thanks to:

- Yayie: For testing out the mod and placing it in a functioning menu (university module menu was not working out).

- Xoxide: For attempting to help me with the creation of this mod.

- MaxisGuillaume: For attempting to help me with the creation of this mod from the very beginning.

Enjoy! More mods are coming!

What's New in Version 1.3   See Changelog

Released

• Will now not disappear when plopped (100% guaranteed!)

wetdirt114 and Toe Redfiled like this

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Isaiah53six

·
  Edited by Isaiah53six

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

seems like a great building but it has been disappearing for me.   It might be my game setup since I've seen industrial buildings that randomly don't plop as well.  I will keep trying it though.    

UPDATE:  I was able to get the building to show up by adding a new university to my game.   I would now increase my rating for this mod to 5 stars if I could.

Share this review

Link to review
stratos936

Share this review

Link to review
red467

Share this review

Link to review
momocan

Share this review

Link to review
Seed

Share this review

Link to review
Yayie

Share this review

Link to review
SimmsCity

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By IDS2
      Another Minnesota building! It's almost as if I have a preference for that sort of thing.
      This particular building is located by the Mississippi River's western bank, right at the heart of the western portion of the University of Minnesota's Twin Cities campus. Dating to 1963, it was among the first buildings to be completed as part of the university's expansion across the river. Over 50 years later, it remains the tallest university building on the western side of the river and is home to, unsurprisingly, a number of social science departmental offices. 
      I've modded it as a ploppable college building as well as a growable CO$$ building. As usual, both darknite and maxisnite versions are included. The darknite scene requires this lovely mod from Simfox. Otherwise, this baby is dependency free.
      Note that two versions of this model are included - one with modeled ground and one with an editable lot. I kept the editable version simple so you can play around with it freely - I'm curious to see what you all come up with!
      Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you have or bugs you find. You can also check out my current projects here. 
    • By Moses Zal
      Let's say I built 2 elementary schools next to each others, do they boost the areas where their coverage circles overlap by 24 or 48?
    • By Moses Zal
      Education Effectiveness over Average Household Age 20 Years 0.0
      30 Years 0.5
      40 Years 5.0
      50 Years 2.5
      60 Years 0.0
      70 Years 0.0
      80 Years 0.0 This is taken from http://www.wiki.sc4devotion.com. It is the mentioned stat from Maxis Large High School. If I want to understand exactly how this works? Does it mean that all the area within the coverage circle, the mentioned average ages will enjoy an education effectiveness as indicated in the table? Or does it mean that only the students that are registered in this school will enjoy these stats? Please I want accurate answers.
      Also, a question that is not so important, why the hell did maxis make high schools increase EQ of the ages that are actually in real life had graduated from university? xD
    • By neslein
      Hello all.
      First at all,-I´m not new to sc4,I have played it since 2004,but I hav´nt played for some years.
      I have played allmost all the new City builders,but SimCity 4 is the only real "build a city" game for me :),-because(and many other reasons) so far I hav´nt reached more than 650.000 population,in a single city,and that was with the latest NAM installed.
      I have SimCity 4,-the very first and original on a disc,-but unfortunately I can´t play it on modern computers,so digital SC4 Deluxe it is.
      No problem in that,-other than ALL the problems you all know about,-It´s simply unplayable without Mods.
      And mods is what this thread is about.If I had the knowlegde to customize a Hospital,or any other buildings for my use, by using the Lot Editor and iLive Reader I wouldn´t make this post,but I simply can´t figure out how to use these great tools.(58 yeays old,and never had an I pad,-or what ever the name are....;))
      So here is my little pray for you Modders.
      I would really like a Hospital and an Elementary School with a capacity of 9-10.000,and  with 3 times the cost for both the ambulance and daily running.
      Nothing ells must be changed.Just a lot that act as 3 Hospitals or Schools
      I know there´s a load of those costum Civic both here and Devotion,but I hav´nt found anything that fit my "style".
      Can YOU do this for me?please?

• By tcx
      LBT Plaza Tapatía is an elementary school for your sims, it is based on a mexican-colonial style building located in Guadalajara, Jal. Mexico.

For the stats of this BAT, please read the README FILE.

Special thanks to HEBLEM for modd, lotting and testing this BAT !! also to BERETHOR for helping me test it in game.

Dependencies:
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• Thank-you for making it clear how to connect the water pump.   It was a detail that I overlooked in my description because I was running the tests using the utility radius mod.   I think from now on in my descriptions I will offer to assist anyone that may have issues with making the lot work.  That may help preventing jumping to conclusions.  I'm including a new preview using @CorinaMarie 's graphic that shows how to connect the pump.
    • Ah! Howdy! Those are cars! Especially the red one shortens commuter times!
    • I followed the steps that came up but in the end there was an error message, "The system cannot find the file specified"
    • In nature, the complex of dance begins with single cells, tropisms, although independently motivated according to the nucleus responding to gravity, tides and light, but gradually all evolution can be seen as a dance of chemicals and forms.  The more complex the dance, the more complex the life-form.   When I watch male and female figure skaters I am stunned by the extreme complexity of coordination of physical, sensory, cognitive and pure ability of flight that my species is capable of.    Dare I say, I am honored to be human.   All our technology and art are just toys compared to the actual material ability of ourselves as conscious physical beings.  As well, in the sciences, male and female have unique cognitive and perceptual abilities that are complimentary and mutually facilitative.  There's no limit to what can be achieved by human beings who know how to dance.
    • The water texture is designed to show dynamic flow, a churning of the water as if an industrial process is taking place.   Its supposed to be clean fresh water, so it would appear more saturated blue with whitecaps.  The texture and saturation also helps to distinguish it as clearly water and matches the tone and texture of the surrounding buildings.   In my texture pack I designed 4 different water textures for different applications of light.   As well, the darker tone of the water would be natural to the depth and confined space where there would be less scattering of light. Go ahead and feel free to suggest another one, or one you can imagine that might fit better.  Thanks for the feedback.