• Moose

[POWER, WATER, AND SEWAGE UPDATE] Ploppable Road Interchange Mod 3.0.0

(4.38)    (32 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

NOTE: When downloading and installing the new version, please make sure you have gotten rid of the earlier version of the mod.

Hey guys :)

This mod allows you to plop an interchange in your city (see screenshot for what it looks like). This will add a sense of realism to your city as well as solve traffic problems and let your creativity spread :).

6:40PM 7/7/2014 - Xoxide has just informed me that ProcsKalone had originally done this mod. I did not intend to steal any of his ideas, so I am posting this to give him credit for his work.

Here's the video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QuPa1oGSH4&hd=1[/youtube]

You can plop the interchange by going to the Custom Roads submenu (in Akar: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar/) and going to the last icon.

NOTE: Bulldozing the interchange may cause your game to crash. Be extremely careful!

How to install:

- Unzip the file.

- Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

Special thanks to:

- Yayie: For helping me with the road menus and which ones to use.

- Xoxide: For telling me what properties I needed to finish off the mod and helping me with the texture/terrain issue.

- Danny50205: For also assisting me with the road menus and helping me add a few properties I needed. He also helped me implement the new icon into the game.

- ProcsKalone: For telling me how to fix the texture/terrain issue.

- Banwashere: For creating the new icon.

- MaxvSk: For helping me implement the new icon into the game.

- HyugaHinata: For being energetic and wanting to contribute in any way possible, for making the interchange bulldozable, and for allowing power, water, and sewage to pass through the interchange.

Without these people, this mod would not be possible. So send them a PM and thank them for their hard work.

What's New in Version 3.0.0   See Changelog

Released

• Power, water, and sewage now run through the interchange

User Feedback

no worries just keep working together :) your so much stronger together and I'm proud of you all

Share this comment

The power of the community, everyone! Now I can use this mod with HyugaHinata's vanilla regional freeway mod to make a quick-build interchange inside of my cities!

Thanks again!

Share this comment

Oh, this will come in handy in numerous "ways". :) Thank you, Capton, Xoxide, Yayie, Danny, and HyugaHinata, for all your hard work. I'm going to make full use of it. :)

Yayie likes this

Share this comment

Awesome thanks but I've downloaded second version as well but still can't bulldoze so IDK what now?

The bulldozing has not been implemented yet :) it will be soon.

Share this comment

This makes my life a lot easier! It is also good to see a very nice interchange that doesn't take up 1/3 of a normal map!!!!! Also, I liked your video since people seem to dislike it...

Share this comment

I like that you release your mods ASAP, but I also wouldn't mind if you spent a little extra time on them before publicly releasing them. A lot of them have great potential but are difficult to work with or broken upon first release... 

JuliSimcity and vallexum like this

Share this comment

Great mod! You should try to make the intersection plopable on an already existing freeways.... that would be fantastic!

Riffter likes this

Share this comment

this is the sort of mod I have hoped for thankyou, however is there anything that can be done about the graphical issues?

Cheers

Share this comment

My water and power aren't going through the intersection, is that a known problem or am I missing something?

Share this comment

Just wondering if the ramp can only face one way? It looks like it is restricted to the one orientation. 
If so, would it be possible to have 4 ramps engineered as separate ploppable items, one facing north, south, east, west? That would give us a bit more freedom with placing the mod. It's not 360 rotation but it's better than a fixed position.
I haven't downloaded the mod yet, so forgive me if it is freely rotatable.

Share this comment

this is the sort of mod I have hoped for thankyou, however is there anything that can be done about the graphical issues?

Cheers

1.1.0 covered this issue :).

Share this comment

I cant use it. Is there any problem with any other MOD? It appears in the menu but when im going to use it there is a white rectangle on the flour and when i click to put it nothing happens. Anyone else with the same problem?

Share this comment

after i plop one interchange, it just suddenly disappears and when i draw a road though it(the empty land), it said i can't build roads though it. please fix it.

Share this comment

I cant use it. Is there any problem with any other MOD? It appears in the menu but when im going to use it there is a white rectangle on the flour and when i click to put it nothing happens. Anyone else with the same problem?

i've also got the same problem as you
fausto188 likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/17/2017

Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By rsc204
      Intro
      The SAM (Street Addon Mod - NAM) is one of those indispensable mods, adding a wealth of variety to street networks. But SAM 6 however was a little too bright for my tastes, so I've darkened it to reduce it's visual impact. This is one of those little things I often tinker with, I figured some others may find a use for it too.

On the way I've added optional support for the following:
      Full EU Textures. Additional crossing support for both PEG205 and RealRailway (RRW) crossings. Modified many avenue and rail pieces to add grass to better blend in with your game. Install
      First, note if you are updating from v1 of this mod, you need to remove that manually. Find the folder z____MGB Darkened SAM-6 Mod (assuming you used the default setup) and simply remove it.
      Run the included .exe Installer, built with NSIS. It will allow you to choose from a number of options and then install the files you need, simples!
      If you don't like installers or are a Mac/Linux user, the option is there to open the archive with 7zip or similar. However it may be tricky to find the right options, not a lot I can do about that sorry.

By default this mod will install to the directory z____MGB Mods/Q - SAM6 Darkened. I highly recommend you DO NOT change this. It's been smartly designed to integrate with many other mods if left alone.
      Users of the RRW Reskin will want to manually delete the rail textures after install file (SAM 6 Darkened Rail - RRW.dat) or overwrite it with the equivalent from RUM for RRW. (note this is not yet in place at the time of writing).
      Please read the included readme, as always it contains important information. As for all my mods, after installation, you can find it in:
      My Documents\SimCity 4\LEX_Downloads\MGB Mods
      This is to avoid clutter in your plugins folder
      Dependencies
      Network Addon Mod (NAM) with the Street Addon Mod (SAM), specifically SAM 6 selected.
      Support
      Having problems or Got comments? Then please visit my support/development thread on Simtropolis:

• By Urban_Shadow
      Hi there, I looking for some tutorials on how to get started with this, I don't have any exp. on moding but I would like to start with simple goal mind, creating a new, functional building.
      I've been looking around and there are some tutorials but they are too confusing for me since I don't know where to start, and so, I though about a simple guideline of what I want to do.
      If I want to add a new building I should:
      1.- Learn how to make a building, what tools do I need, how do I use them, can I import a model from other progams like photoshop or a 3D modeling program?
      2.- Learn how to add it to the game, without replacing an existing one and place it in the correct tab.
      3.- Adding stats to it, I don't want it to be free, I want it to have a cost, a monthly fee, demo cost and if possible, fundings.
      4.- Giving it properties so they have an effect other than just be there, that means produce energy, clean pollution, increase coverage, raise or lower land value, provide housing, business and/or jobs, etc.
      5.- Make it an unlocklable so it's not avaible from the start until certain requirements are met like date, population, ratings, etc.
      My goal is to expand my gameplay and knowlage, I know there are tons of mods out there, but I would like to do it myself and create my own things.
      So there, any help would be great, thanks.
      PD: I want to try using my own stuff and not others, thanks again.
    • By Sgt Pepper
      Better Images in Description

I have updated my Twin Towers I BATed back in September to bring you a new
      version!

I felt the updated was much needed after finding some time to do so. I feel now they stand as they should
      for SimCity 4's standards.

I'm sure most of us already know about the Twin Towers, what they were, what
      happened to them, etc. They were once great landmarks located in Lower Manhattan, in New York City. They were once the tallest buildings in the city and the state of New York. Standing on top of either tower would give you a feeling of being on Top of the World.

If you'd like to learn more about them, feel free to read their Wikipedia Article for starters. Personally, I find them to be marvels of architecture. I miss them highly, and I hope that they can stand indefinitely in SC4 at least.  

Installation Instructions:

You do not have to demolish any lots. You can either delete the original
      model files from the previous upload and replace them with the new model files,
      or you can simply use the zip file to replace all files at once. The lots are
      exactly the same previously, the only change is the model files.

Stats-

Each tower sits on a 5x5 lot.

Each tower is CO$$$ and provides about 21,000 jobs each.

They are ploppable landmarks only, and are found in the landmarks menu.

Dependencies- None! All added props for these towers are included.

Special thanks to Mattb325 for modding the first version, then doing some more modding work for the new version. Thanks as well goes to T Wrecks and Gn_leugim for their opinions on this.

Images/Screenshots:

I hope you all will enjoy this update! I tried to update the original upload
      and unintentionally deleted it.

-Brandon
    • By hakajo98
      Hey there
      I live in Switzerland, and here (and some other cities around the world) the crosswalks are yellow/orange. I was wondering if it is possible to add this to cities skylines? I don't really have a lot of experience with modding... 
      - hakajo98
    • By NICK97
      Mod Requirement(s):: Cities XXL Community Patch Mod XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack Game Requirement(s):: Cities XL 2011 Cities XL 2012 Cities XL Platinum Cities XXL  
      Note: This Mod makes game money income easy Only In The Game
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I followed the steps that came up but in the end there was an error message, "The system cannot find the file specified"
    • In nature, the complex of dance begins with single cells, tropisms, although independently motivated according to the nucleus responding to gravity, tides and light, but gradually all evolution can be seen as a dance of chemicals and forms.  The more complex the dance, the more complex the life-form.   When I watch male and female figure skaters I am stunned by the extreme complexity of coordination of physical, sensory, cognitive and pure ability of flight that my species is capable of.    Dare I say, I am honored to be human.   All our technology and art are just toys compared to the actual material ability of ourselves as conscious physical beings.  As well, in the sciences, male and female have unique cognitive and perceptual abilities that are complimentary and mutually facilitative.  There's no limit to what can be achieved by human beings who know how to dance.
    • The water texture is designed to show dynamic flow, a churning of the water as if an industrial process is taking place.   Its supposed to be clean fresh water, so it would appear more saturated blue with whitecaps.  The texture and saturation also helps to distinguish it as clearly water and matches the tone and texture of the surrounding buildings.   In my texture pack I designed 4 different water textures for different applications of light. Go ahead and feel free to suggest another one, or one you can imagine that might fit better.  Thanks for the feedback.
    • I love, love, LOVE seeing Louisiana BATS in the game. Hope you'll come back soon and upload some more.
    • Because theres no SimCity 3000 section