• Moose

[POWER, WATER, AND SEWAGE UPDATE] Ploppable Road Interchange Mod 3.0.0

(4.38)    (32 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

NOTE: When downloading and installing the new version, please make sure you have gotten rid of the earlier version of the mod.

Hey guys :)

This mod allows you to plop an interchange in your city (see screenshot for what it looks like). This will add a sense of realism to your city as well as solve traffic problems and let your creativity spread :).

6:40PM 7/7/2014 - Xoxide has just informed me that ProcsKalone had originally done this mod. I did not intend to steal any of his ideas, so I am posting this to give him credit for his work.

Here's the video:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QuPa1oGSH4&hd=1[/youtube]

You can plop the interchange by going to the Custom Roads submenu (in Akar: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar/) and going to the last icon.

NOTE: Bulldozing the interchange may cause your game to crash. Be extremely careful!

How to install:

- Unzip the file.

- Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

Special thanks to:

- Yayie: For helping me with the road menus and which ones to use.

- Xoxide: For telling me what properties I needed to finish off the mod and helping me with the texture/terrain issue.

- Danny50205: For also assisting me with the road menus and helping me add a few properties I needed. He also helped me implement the new icon into the game.

- ProcsKalone: For telling me how to fix the texture/terrain issue.

- Banwashere: For creating the new icon.

- MaxvSk: For helping me implement the new icon into the game.

- HyugaHinata: For being energetic and wanting to contribute in any way possible, for making the interchange bulldozable, and for allowing power, water, and sewage to pass through the interchange.

Without these people, this mod would not be possible. So send them a PM and thank them for their hard work.

What's New in Version 3.0.0   See Changelog

Released

• Power, water, and sewage now run through the interchange

User Feedback

no worries just keep working together :) your so much stronger together and I'm proud of you all

Share this comment

The power of the community, everyone! Now I can use this mod with HyugaHinata's vanilla regional freeway mod to make a quick-build interchange inside of my cities!

Thanks again!

Share this comment

Oh, this will come in handy in numerous "ways". :) Thank you, Capton, Xoxide, Yayie, Danny, and HyugaHinata, for all your hard work. I'm going to make full use of it. :)

Yayie likes this

Share this comment

Awesome thanks but I've downloaded second version as well but still can't bulldoze so IDK what now?

The bulldozing has not been implemented yet :) it will be soon.

Share this comment

This makes my life a lot easier! It is also good to see a very nice interchange that doesn't take up 1/3 of a normal map!!!!! Also, I liked your video since people seem to dislike it...

Share this comment

I like that you release your mods ASAP, but I also wouldn't mind if you spent a little extra time on them before publicly releasing them. A lot of them have great potential but are difficult to work with or broken upon first release... 

vallexum and JuliSimcity like this

Share this comment

Great mod! You should try to make the intersection plopable on an already existing freeways.... that would be fantastic!

Riffter likes this

Share this comment

this is the sort of mod I have hoped for thankyou, however is there anything that can be done about the graphical issues?

Cheers

Share this comment

My water and power aren't going through the intersection, is that a known problem or am I missing something?

Share this comment

Just wondering if the ramp can only face one way? It looks like it is restricted to the one orientation. 
If so, would it be possible to have 4 ramps engineered as separate ploppable items, one facing north, south, east, west? That would give us a bit more freedom with placing the mod. It's not 360 rotation but it's better than a fixed position.
I haven't downloaded the mod yet, so forgive me if it is freely rotatable.

Share this comment

this is the sort of mod I have hoped for thankyou, however is there anything that can be done about the graphical issues?

Cheers

1.1.0 covered this issue :).

Share this comment

I cant use it. Is there any problem with any other MOD? It appears in the menu but when im going to use it there is a white rectangle on the flour and when i click to put it nothing happens. Anyone else with the same problem?

Share this comment

after i plop one interchange, it just suddenly disappears and when i draw a road though it(the empty land), it said i can't build roads though it. please fix it.

Share this comment

I cant use it. Is there any problem with any other MOD? It appears in the menu but when im going to use it there is a white rectangle on the flour and when i click to put it nothing happens. Anyone else with the same problem?

i've also got the same problem as you
fausto188 likes this

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

05/01/2017

We need your support to help keep Simtropolis online. We also need a little bit more this month to enhance the new chat with some features, such as mobile support! Please consider a donation today if you can help out, it would mean a lot! And we'll send you a little gift in return.  Help us reach our May goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Babyhead Gaming
      What is the best camera mod for playing and detailing as I record my footage for lets play on YouTube ?
    • By rsc204
      Contents

This package contains texture overrides which will add Moonlight's Super Light Asphalt sidewalks to Tram in Street and a Rural GLR set compatible with Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. This mod is designed to be used as an AddOn for Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod:
      Although you can use this mod as a stand-alone mod also if you prefer.

The included textures are all Euro versions, both LHD/RHD options can be selected from.
      Load Order

To ensure these files load after the NAM, please ensure you copy the dat files in the zip file into the same folder as Magneto's Super Light Asphalt Mod. For stand alone users, please check the readme for further instructions. Also note it will need to load after any mod that changes the textures of Tram in Streets. Choose only the LHD or RHD file where both exist, and again refer to the readme for more specific instructions.
      Dependencies

NONE

Notes:

Just a quick thank you to Magneto for his work on bringing the Super Light Asphalt mod to so much of the NAM.
      If you are still stuck or have any comments, feel free to comment in my shack on Simtropolis here:
    • By mattb325
      Quay House, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the art deco buildings around the Portsmouth, UK area, Quay House is a large (at least by the standards of the 1930s) eight story building in the functionalist style.
      The boxy building is broken up by complex massing and many terraces to allow air and sunlight to permeate the building, both of which were a very serious component of any good early 20th Century architecture. The main feature however is the off-centred granite clad staircase and lift riser with an oversized clock.

The lot comes in two flavours: a growable High-Wealth Commercial Office and a ploppable Clinic, which is found in the Health Menu and is comparable to the in-game hospital in terms of capacity and coverage radius. Both lots are 3x3.
      STATS CO§§§:
      Lot size :                   3x3
      Growth Stage:          4 (Medium and High Density Zoning)
      Bulldoze Cost:         §481
      Capacity Satisfied:  CS§§ 565, CS§§§396
      Pollution:                  2 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 4 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:     6/7/0
      Power Consumed:  16 Mwh
      Water Consumed:   184 Gal/Month
      Building Style:          Chicago/NY/Houston/Euro
      Occupant Group:     Commercial Offices Building

STATS CLINIC:

Lot Size:                          3x3
      Occupant Groups:         Civic, Health, Strikeable Health, Hospital, Ambulance Maker
      Plop Cost:                       §1,850 
      Jobs:                               Jobs§24; Jobs§§60; Jobs§§§19
      Bulldoze Cost:               §100
      Power Consumption:   6 MWh
      Water Consumption:    22 Gal/month
      Pollution:                        3 (Air)/ 2 (Water)/ 1 (Garbage )
      Pollution Radius:           3/4/0
      Hospital Coverage Radius:                          784
      Hospital Population vs. Distance:              100 / 100
      Hospital Effectiveness vs. Average Age:  8 / 8
      Hospital Patient Capacity:                           2,900
      Hospital HQ Boost:                                       11.52
      Catalog Capacity/Catalog Monthly Cost:  2,900 / § 1,200
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:
      This download contains TWO model files; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos night-mod) and one for the standard Maxis nite.
      You must keep only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. Regardless of which file you choose to keep, make sure you DO NOT delete the Lot File!
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod.

DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:
      *BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790
      A NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      Sadly, if there appears to be any parking used in the content picture as either part of, or adjacent to the custom content in question, it has now come to the ridiculous scenario of having to write a blurb about parking textures given yet more comments received form only one or two users (comments which incidentally are only made on my lots - I note that other active Batters use Maxis parking lots all the time and receive no negative comments, such is the double-standard). Please note that I will use whatever parking textures I feel like on my lots. If you want something else, then use the lot editor.
      Please also note, that this particular lot is only a 3x3 so what you see in the picture is a separate lot placed behind the building; you are therefore free to place your own parking lot or not (as the case may be).
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
    • By AmiPolizeiFunk
      A. Many roads IRL change names along the way. You can't control where roads change names in C:S, afaik.
      B. "All on" or "All off" sucks. I have thousands of roads. I don't want the auto-generated names. I want to slowly name my roads and only have the ones that I have named be displayed.

Can this kind of stuff be modded?
    • By Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
      SimCity 4 is a really fun game (funniest in the whole series in my opinion) BUT there's just one thing that kinda gets to me. I don't really like how the whole map is a grid and all the cities have to be shaped as squares. I have a whole regions that's supposed to be a country, but I want to draw state-lines/borders around it from the city view (blame my OCD for caring so much about that) 
      I'm just curious, does anyone have a method of doing this?
      What i'm planning on doing is using the sign/label tool and adding a bunch of dashes: '-' around to make it look like a state line, but does anyone think there's a better way of doing this? 
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• I haven't compared this to the real-life version, so I cannot comment on how faitffully you recreated it, but since I have no particular connection to that building anyway, this aspect doesn't matter to me personally. What matters more to me is that this looks like a great BAT of a tower that is both rather generic and can pop up two or three times in a big city's skyline without standing out too obviously (provided you have enough other skyscrapers, with some iconic buildings to draw most of the attention) and also pretty interesting once you zoom in and take a closer look. That base makes it more than just your average black/brown/beige/grey box with window strips. As such, it can also look great when placed in a mid-rise environment. Thank you very, very much for keeping the lot editable, too! This offers great opportunities for adaptation to different playing styles and preferences. A day with a Diego Del Llano upload is always a good day in STEX terms.
    • Boom! Another great HT here! Hope Mr Tsvirkunov will open a new factory soon in my cities! Thanks for sharing your stuff!
    • Nice idea. Should anyone have preferences or favourite buildings they recall, it would certainly help narrow down the total. Especially with the filter list on the Wayback, the accompanying preview images are there at least to give some visual indication for anyone searching. If there really are 10,000 buildings, I suppose it's not even worth uploading 10% of them given the likely inconsistencies with quality.
    • It may be worth setting up some kind of "I would like ..." topic .... people can go thru the old exchange and point out to Cori the ones that should be retrieved ... it should end up a more manageable list
    • That could be arranged. But since these are legacy files, I don't think it matters too much either way since credit would be given. If Cori would like to continue uploading these (as intended following Dirk's approval), it may be nice for her to receive the occasional Rep as a by-product reward for retrieving, packaging and uploading them here. With hundreds if not thousands of them, it'd require a mammoth effort after all. (Should the quality of content resemble anything to the old SC4 EA exchange, I'm guessing it's not worth restoring all of them.)