• Moose

[POWER, WATER, AND SEWAGE UPDATE] Ploppable Road Interchange Mod 3.0.0

(4.38)    (32 Reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

NOTE: When downloading and installing the new version, please make sure you have gotten rid of the earlier version of the mod.

Hey guys :)

This mod allows you to plop an interchange in your city (see screenshot for what it looks like). This will add a sense of realism to your city as well as solve traffic problems and let your creativity spread :).

6:40PM 7/7/2014 - Xoxide has just informed me that ProcsKalone had originally done this mod. I did not intend to steal any of his ideas, so I am posting this to give him credit for his work.

Here's the video:

You can plop the interchange by going to the Custom Roads submenu (in Akar: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar/) and going to the last icon.

NOTE: Bulldozing the interchange may cause your game to crash. Be extremely careful!

How to install:

- Unzip the file.

- Install the .package file into your SimCityData folder.

Special thanks to:

- Yayie: For helping me with the road menus and which ones to use.

- Xoxide: For telling me what properties I needed to finish off the mod and helping me with the texture/terrain issue.

- Danny50205: For also assisting me with the road menus and helping me add a few properties I needed. He also helped me implement the new icon into the game.

- ProcsKalone: For telling me how to fix the texture/terrain issue.

- Banwashere: For creating the new icon.

- MaxvSk: For helping me implement the new icon into the game.

- HyugaHinata: For being energetic and wanting to contribute in any way possible, for making the interchange bulldozable, and for allowing power, water, and sewage to pass through the interchange.

Without these people, this mod would not be possible. So send them a PM and thank them for their hard work.

What's New in Version 3.0.0   See Changelog

Released

• Power, water, and sewage now run through the interchange

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

tcgames65

Share this review

Link to review
becleary

Share this review

Link to review
chio3846

Share this review

Link to review
momocan

Share this review

Link to review
Bugnug23

Share this review

Link to review
VERMINORD

Share this review

Link to review
catastrov

Share this review

Link to review
jockhrh

Share this review

Link to review
Malavakia

Share this review

Link to review
ygok

Share this review

Link to review
Kroky

Share this review

Link to review
Yayie

Share this review

Link to review
MaxvSk

Share this review

Link to review
SimmsCity

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
walidskaf

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By mattb325
      Perth Council Building, by Mattb325.
      ---------------------------------------
      Inspired by the Council Building in Perth's Stirling Gardens, here is another iconic early 1960's building.
      This is an example of the modernist style with Bauhaus leanings, and has distinctive external 'T' shaped sun-shades in alternating patterns over the curtain glass wall to block out the hot Western Australian sun. Conversely, the roof area has a perspex covered walkway which I imagine would be about as comfortable as an ant under a magnifying glass in the broiling summer heat!
      It is with the 'T' shaped awnings that I taken most of the liberties with this building; reducing the width of the top part of the 'T' to ensure that each sun-shade is clearly visible in game rather than blurring into one. 
      The real-life building was actually slated for demolition in the 1990's, but was saved and renovated as well as adding one extra floor at the top of the building. 
      Recently, the building was also fitted thousands of coloured leds: hence, the unusual, and prettily-coloured night-lights.
      This BAT functions as a government building and town hall in game. 
      In addition to providing your sims with 185 highly desirable civic jobs, it will help alleviate the commercial demand caps that can hinder city development. Given the way that the game is designed, in addition to providing health, education, safety, etc, using rewards is an absolutely necessary part of being able to develop large cities and regions.
      It sits on a 5x3 lot and will easily blend in with other park lots (such as the SFBT mid-wealth set) that use the Maxis R$$ plain grass. Similarly, given the fact that the building is 13 floors high, it will also work well in a dense city environment.
      * It is offered as a reward without needing to meet pre-existing conditions.
      * It is located in the REWARD Menu 
      * It can be placed more than once in a city. 
      * It DOES NOT over-write the ingame town hall (or any re-lotted versions there-of), so can be used in conjunction with the standard Maxis town hall reward.
      * It DOES NOT over-write any of my other town hall lots (so can be used in conjunction with these as well).
      STATS:
      Lot size :               5 x 3
      Plop Cost:            §47,000
      Monthly Cost:      §1,170
      Budget Item:        Government Buildings
      Occupant Groups: Reward, Courthouse
      Demand Created:  Jobs§: 23, Jobs§§: 151, Jobs§§§: 11.
      Landmark Effect: +105 over 33 tiles
      Pollution:               Air 3 over 2 tiles, Water 2 over 3 tiles, Garbage 31 over 0 tiles
      Power consumed:  55 MwH
      Water consumed:  111 Gallons/Month
      Bulldoze Cost:       §11,720
      NOTE ABOUT DARK NITE vs MAXIS NITE:

This download contains TWO file types in two seperate folders; one for dark nite users (and other night-time darkening mods, such as Gizmos or Mashty's night-mods) and one for the standard Maxis nite. 
      You must choose only one file - depending on which version you use. If you are unsure whether you have a night-darkening mod installed, then choose the Maxis night version. 
      If you use the dark nite version, you will need a dark nite mod. (http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23089-simfox-day-and-nite-modd/) 
      DEPENDENCIES:
      To ensure proper functionality, make sure the following files are in your plugins:

*BSC Mega Props - CP Vol02.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790)
      *BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol01.dat (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=746)

NOTE ABOUT PARKING TEXTURES:
      Sadly, negative comments/reviews from a few members of the community continue to force me to add this utterly ridiculous disclaimer...this building has underground parking, and I have not used parking textures. If you wish to add parking textures, please do so using the lot editor and keep your negativity to yourself.
      To install, simply unzip the contents of this file into your plugins folder.
      Thanks.
    • By Seraf
      Nos. 31-33 Madison Avenue - Two townhouses in Italianate style that stood on Madison Avenue between 25th and 26th street till 1954 when they were demolished to make way for Appellate Courthouse annex. This BAT is a recreation of the condition from around 1912 when No.31 was modernized and converted for commercial use.
      This BAT has a special version for winter, it will appear when game date will reach 15th of Dec.
      Lot size: 1x2
      Versions: 1
      - Landmark

Dependencies:
      SimFox Day n Nite Modd (For DarkNite Version only)
      NYBT Essentials

Thanks to all people who helped with this BAT.
      Enjoy!
    • By Seraf
      Appellate Division Courthouse of New York State - Building in the style of Renaissance Revival, designed by James Brown Lord and built between 1896-99 on the corner of Madison Avenue and 25th Street. Cost of the building was over $630,000 and about 25 percent of it was spent on sculptural decoration. Sixteen sculptors worked on twenty-one sculptures and sculptural groups.
      The BAT has a special version for winter, it will appear when game date will reach 15th of Dec.
      Lot size: 3x2
      Versions: 2
      - Plop CO$$$
      - Landmark

Dependencies:
      SimFox Day n Nite Modd (For DarkNite Version only)
      NYBT Essentials

Thanks to all people who helped with this BAT.
      Enjoy!
    • By richiesaputra
      for full video here : 

• By LittleMac
       Hello guys! Today i'm working on a 2x3 office building, hope you like it:

• Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments

• @kellydale2003 As I said in the review it's avesome stuff, I would have only one request. Could you next time make a notice on the description, that the growable version is only compatible with CAM by default...  I was wondering why I haven't seen growing your stuffs in my cities (f.e. Linda Swampy), and took an other look to the lot files I see, that some of them is CAMified, and I don't play with CAM... Linda Swampy is a stage 10 I-Ht... So that would be worth a mention I guess for those who doesn't use the CAM as well... Thanks in advance!  - Tyberius
    • Having Trouble with this plugin. I downloaded this and all the dependencies. All I see is parking lot and cars. no Building. What do u think might be causing this?
    • This strategy is really commendable. There have been so many buildings that were 95% ready and had already reached a quality level that left most users with their lower jaw on the desk, and yet they got lost ultimately and never made it to any download section, even though of all people with an interest in that BAT, literally every single person other than the creator would gladly have downloaded it in its current state. You chose to go the other route, and - lo and behold! - people love the building, download it, and are happy. Thank you so much for contributing a superb BAT to the STEX rather than another post to one of the most depressive threads on Simtropolis!
    • It's a landmark in SC4, too, but the scale of Maxis' version is totally off, and the lot is strange as well. Therefore, a custom version is very welcome. I recently compared old and new version side by side, and the progress you have made since then is impressive! Smoother modeling (the inward curves used to look a tad bumpy), better windows, better roof textures and roof junk, better night lights... it's an improvement in all respects!
    • Any way to get this to work on a mac?