• Moose

CTA (Chicago Transit Authorty 1.0

(4.88)    (8 Reviews)

1 Screenshot

About This File

keep asking and i am ready for every one hope you enjoy

User Feedback

you really good at texturing. Wish to see more vehicles/buildings texture from you soon.

Share this comment

actually if you want a challenge... I have one for you

Take all your mods.. combine them into a script that rotates and gives variety of certain ones within a city... Then you could have some with side panels that change on deployment from the bus terminal or as they come on map.

This is something that has been done with or on teleportation with trains and street cars but never bus's

This then could be used for hmm how do I want to describe it. Side Decals and adverts.. sometimes varieties of the same bus with different logo formats and bus shapes in some cases.  Double longs with the rubber center connector .. list goes on.

Bus's are something people have in every city on every road.  Mass transit is very much a feature of low to mid wealth. 

Agente Silva and Blackkatt like this

Share this comment

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=images+of+go+wellington+valley+flyer+Mana+Newlands+buses&newwindow=1&client=firefox-a&hs=Afc&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&imgil=VI9licwVM0_PXM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcSgTuifyboMqwdEfAd5XZae3B3i2B_2w2gVCzUmddKEqAWghHs8%253B197%253B130%253Ba8yZr0mkyv5wOM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.metlink.org.nz%25252Ftickets-and-fares%25252Fhow-to-pay-your-fare%25252Fmonthly-passes%25252F&source=iu&usg=__uaBVZHjlbUnkwJaDmchWlRbPCt8%3D&ei=sMezU6yXOYaulAWJCA&ved=0CB8Q9QEwAA&biw=1920&bih=938#facrc=_&imgrc=VI9licwVM0_PXM%253A%3Ba8yZr0mkyv5wOM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.metlink.org.nz%252Fassets%252FUploads%252F_resampled%252FResizedImage197130-valley-flyer.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.metlink.org.nz%252Ftickets-and-fares%252Fhow-to-pay-your-fare%252Fmonthly-passes%252F%3B197%3B130                                                                                        

would it be possible to texture the shuttle bus and municipal buses to have the branding of these three bus company's so they all show up in the game  the bus company's are from wellington New Zealand link of images the buses i am refereeing  to is listed above                                                                                                                                                      

Share this comment

Great to see some more eye candy in the game... love these. Would it be possible to do shuttle/regional & Tram MARTA Systems From Atlanta GA. That would be awesome.I think i'm going to build Atlanta I've noticed Most of the buildings in thegame are in Atlanta or very close to them thanks!!!

Share this comment

Awesome man Cant wait to see what you do. Also the Oppie Trams are exactly like New Atlanta Trams so maybe you'll be able to reskin those!!! Man that would be to Awesome Thanks Again

Share this comment

Really neat I love the detailing, just wish it was a little bit more southern Illinois :3 think you could do St. Louis Metrobus too? ^-^ Pweasssse?

Dump-the-Pump-2012-Misc.-039.jpg

Share this comment

actually if you want a challenge... I have one for you

Take all your mods.. combine them into a script that rotates and gives variety of certain ones within a city... Then you could have some with side panels that change on deployment from the bus terminal or as they come on map.

This is something that has been done with or on teleportation with trains and street cars but never bus's

This then could be used for hmm how do I want to describe it. Side Decals and adverts.. sometimes varieties of the same bus with different logo formats and bus shapes in some cases.  Double longs with the rubber center connector .. list goes on.

Bus's are something people have in every city on every road.  Mass transit is very much a feature of low to mid wealth. 

OOOH xoxide That's a Terrific Idea!!!!!! Man your thinking!!! I would LOVE to have for My transport system CONSISTANCY Train/buses/tram w/ sighnage on all stop's Do you think this is possible? Bowserking said he would do MARTA "Atlanta GA." So I would love to see it go all the way

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Announcements

• Dirktator

04/28/2017

We're getting close with our April goal - please help us over the final bump! Your donations not only help keep the site up and running, but also allows us to expand some functionality and upgrade other features of the site periodically to stay current! We're looking for some community support to help us get a new Chat system (as you know our old Chat is no longer supported by IP.Board). A new system promises to give us many more options and all for fairly little cost, relatively speaking. Please help us reach our April goal so we can keep bringing you site improvements as well!  Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By adventurerneil
      Greetings from snowy Colorado, everyone!
      I'm designing my first region-wide Transportation Master Plan™, so that I later have something to kick myself for / regret every step of the way! 
      I have NAM 35 and my TSCT is set to European (high) usage of transit, so my sims will actually, you know, walk a mile (unlike certain *cough* California-centric vanilla lazybones sims). I'm on Eaton region (I'll post a pic further down), and I'm anticipating very high density near the water, slowly petering out to medium and low density as you move West, maybe akin to a Chicago type region in terms of density / land value.
      My goals are to: push myself to learn more about NAM, develop something that is functional and cost-efficient, and to develop something that is aesthetically pleasing / not OVERLY grid-y (without pouring TOO many extra hours down the drain for looks). 
      I'm wondering:
      1) Is it a good idea to do transportation top-down like this, or should I let the cities and transit evolve more organically as I develop each city? (in theory that sounds most realistic, but in practice I'd rather hammer down a skeleton that at least serves each area minimally and then later build onto it, rather than have to go back and demolish and re-envision a lot with existing infrastructure. Don't want any eminent domain riots!)
      2) What types of transit would you plan most centrally for a region of 10-50 million sims? I'm thinking heavy rail and RHW will form the bulk of my inter-regional connections, with some monorail connecting posh areas, and subways in the CBD's. 
      3) Do eternal commuters only apply to one type of transit at a time? For example, if I plan a RHW system that follows the tree structure, but have another type of transit that completes a loop (with the RHW), it wouldn't matter because they'd have to be transferring / parking to complete said loop, right? 
      So far I have a rough sketch of what a possible RHW / rail / monorail network could look like. Let me know if I have set it up correctly to prevent eternal commuters (the squares are outlining the tiles I believe will be the most dense, but don't cross any regional borders): 

Cheers and thanks in advance for any input! 
    • By RandyE
      Includes 2 Garages, 3 Bus Stations 3 Parking Lots, a Bus Loop, 1x1 filler lot and a Taxi Stand.  All lots found in the Transportation Menu indicated with color-coded icons. 
      Dependency:  SHK Parking Pack  Required on all lots in this zip-file download for the base textures, lighting, many of the props, and most vehicles. 
      Dependency Link:
      3x3 Parkade
      Jobs: 6§, 50§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parkade 3x3. Capacity: 5800.  Plop: 650§, Monthly: 240§. Landmark: 20, 10. Pollution: 5, 5 Air/Water/Garbage. Consumption: 20 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x5 Bus Loop
      Jobs: 6§, 60§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Loop 3x5. Capacity: 3200. Makes Taxis. Creates 72 Jobs. Plop: 980§, Monthly: 260§. Landmark: 20, 15. Pollution: 10, 5, 5 Air/Water/Garbage. Consumption: 50, 20 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x2 Parkade
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parkade 3x2. Capacity: 4800. Plop: 420§, Monthly: 180§. Landmark: 20, 10. Pollution: 5, 5  Air/Water/Garbage. Consumption: 20, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Parking Lot with Transit
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parking 3x3. Capacity: 400. Car Queue. Makes Taxis. Creates 54 Jobs. Plop: 250§, Monthly: 150§. Landmark: 10, 10. Pollution: 5, 5.  Consumption: 10, 5 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      1x1 Parking Lot Filler
      Modular Parking - Asphalt - Filler 1x1. Plop: 100§, Monthly: 50§. Landmark: 5, 5. Pollution: 2, 2. Consumption: 5, 5 MWh/Gal.
      1x1 Bus Station and Taxi Stand
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 2§§§. Monthly Income: 100§. Business Deal, Capacity: 800. Makes Taxis. Creates 48 Jobs. Plop: 500§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 20, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Pay Parking
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 6§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - PayParking 3x3.Monthly Income: 120§. Business Deal. Capacity: 600. Plop: 280§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 40, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Park and Ride
      Jobs: 8§, 50§§, 2§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Stop 3x3. Capacity: 1400. Makes Taxis. Creates 60 Jobs. Plop: 400§. Monthly: 140§. Landmark: 20, 5. Pollution: 10, 5. Consumption: 50, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x1 Bus Stop
      Jobs: 5§, 10§§, 0§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Stop 3x1: Capacity: 900. Makes Taxis. Plop: 180§. Monthly: 100§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 30, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit enabled.
      1x5 Bus Stop
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 1§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Bus Stop 1x5. Capacity: 250. Makes Taxis. Plop: 240§. Monthly: 120§. Landmark: 10, 5. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 40, 10 MWh/Gal. Transit and Network enabled.
      3x3 Parking Lot
      Jobs: 6§, 40§§, 8§§§. Modular Parking - Asphalt - Parking 3x3. Plop: 260§. Monthly: 120§. Landmark: 20, 10. Pollution: 5, 5. Consumption: 20, 10 MWh/Gal.
      INSTALL:
      To install copy and paste the Modular Asphalt Parking Bus and Taxi Ver. 2.0 folder into your User\Documents \SimCity 4\Plugins folder. Move or delete the text/html files and Previews folder as these should not be stored in the Plugins folder.
    • By MarkShot
      I have been building central transit hubs for large tiles containing major arteries as the switching point for intra-tile to inter-tile transit.
      It just dawned on me that this has been based on a fallacy of basic math/analysis.
      Given:
      (1)  Most tiles will due to the infinite commuter problem often enter one end and exit the opposite.
      (2)  The tiles are squares.  In most cases, the transit off a perpendicular side is the length of 1 side whether traveled by hub or loop.
      (3)  In case #1, a hub yields 1X side distance and a loop 2X side distance.  As there can only be one opposite exit, a simple direct shortcut suffices to resolve this case without a generalized hub.
      Conclusion:
      (1)  The loop is far simpler to construct than the hub.
      (2a)  All above ground building can happen within the loop without the loop becoming a consideration.
      (2b)  The loop greatly reduces clutter.
      (3)  Transit inside the loop is mainly local to bring transit to the loop.
      ---
      I think loops are to become a major feature of all infrastructure.  Comments?
      Thanks.
    • By RandyE
      Transfer here from one route to another. Transit and network enabled.
       ___           _                 
      | _ )_  _ ___ | |   ___  ___ _ __
      | _ \ || (_-< | |__/ _ \/ _ \ '_ \
      |___/\_,_/__/ |____\___/\___/ .__/
                                  |_|  
      City Bus Loop 1 - 3x2. 
      Capacity: 2500.
      Medium Wealth
      Plop Cost: 350
      Monthly Cost: 150
      Landmark Effect: 10,5
      Park Effect: 5, 5