• Moose

1 Screenshot

About This File

MiWay is a Mississauga based transit company serving the city of Mississauga. Note: this replaces the shuttle bus.

i Re textured tobse bus completely Thanks to him for the bus model and texture template. Suggest anything i will try to do my best

User Feedback

Nice mod. :)

I tried to post a picture, but it's too problematic for me on these forums. But I want to ask you if you would like to consider modding a Double Jointed Bus. (Please paste "Dubbelgelede bus" on Google picture search for tens of examples).

They are 25 meters long, consists of 3 parts, and can easily carry 200 people. They are very rare, as they only drive around in a few countries.

If such a bus is made for SimCity, it will surely be that traffic from behind will vanish into the bus, as it will be more than double the length of the default one. That is of no concern to me, but I do not know how the community will react.

Thanks a lot. :)

Share this comment

@bowserking123:

Why don't you ask Oppie?

He has made a lot of vehicles before, including the Bombardier Streetcar which consists out of 5 parts. That one bends very nicely and realistically in turns. :)

Else, you can just mod a double jointed bus as one part, as I'm sure that it will inspire other modders to evaluate it, so it can bend in turns. :)

Share this comment

Nice texture my friend...

I have a sugestion for improvement:

I used to put tobse bus in my city, but still a little bugs in it.

Here's the problem: there is a size difference between shuttle bus and municipal bus and so is their "model bounding box".

if such large bus functions as shuttle bus there must be a little modification in the prop file (which is the model bounding box) to prevent some object clumpings.

This is what happens to TransJakarta bus i've uploaded couple days ago. I have miscalculated MinY and MaxY which should be -6.5 and 10.3 respectively. After modifying the bounding box, it works good in my game.

Thanks.

Share this comment

@bowserking123:

Why don't you ask Oppie?

He has made a lot of vehicles before, including the Bombardier Streetcar which consists out of 5 parts. That one bends very nicely and realistically in turns. :)

Else, you can just mod a double jointed bus as one part, as I'm sure that it will inspire other modders to evaluate it, so it can bend in turns. :)

It's gonna be cool if we have Mercedes Citaro 530G in the city :D

Share this comment

Being someone who lives in Mississauga, I must thank you for this.  It was funny to run into this mod because I never thought someone would put up Miway out of all transit companies. 

Share this comment

That makes three.  I just stepped off one of these about an hour ago!

BTW .. thanks for the mod.

Share this comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By 11241036
      Short description:

As you may already know, you need traffic stations of any kind to connect pedestrian zone puzzle pieces to roads or streets to allow your pedestrians to enter them. However, one thing about the game's default bus and subway station has always bothered me: the fact that they only have the white concrete base texture. In case of the bus stop, your Sims even have to climb a fence before they can enter the pedestrian zone. There are already several sets of road-top traffic stops online; however, in some situations (like curves, diagonal streets, or crossings), you can't use them. Therefore, I've created a set of bus, subway, and combined bus and subway stations with base textures fitting the pedestrian mall textures. They are based on the SFBT Modern Bus Stops and the subway stairs found in the RTMT. They can be used like any other traffic station.

There are stations for the subsequently mentioned pedestrian mall varieties:
      -  Concrete (White pavement)
      -  Pavement (pink)
      -  Cobblestone
      -  Red Brick (sometimes comes in 2 varieties; please see 1st screenshot below)
      -  Sandstone (2 varieties)
      -  Grass

There are stations for the following traffic types:
      -  Bus (orthogonal and diagonal; see 1st and 3rd screenshot)
      -  Subway (only orthogonal; see 2nd secreenshot)
      -  Combined Bus and Subway (orthogonal and diagonal; see 2nd and 3rd screenshot)

For further information, please refer to the readme file in the download.

Note: Some of the files are for LHD and some for RHD. You need to remove the files from the traffic installation you don't use, otherwise the RHD files will override the LHD files. Please read the installation instructions below to avoid trouble. (Please see 4th screenshot about the difference.)

Dependencies:

Network Addon Mod: This mod includes base textures required for this plugin. As you may already know, it introduces a big variety of additional networks to the game.
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26793-network-addon-mod-for-windows-installer-offsite

SFBT Essentials: Required for the diagonal overlay textures of the two diagonal stations on grass. Since it only contains props and textures for plugin developers, it does not modify the game itself.
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/14212-sfbt-essentials

SFBT Moderne Bushaltestellen von Fluggi und khoianh94 or SFBT Modern Bus and Tram Stops: Contains the bus stop buildings and the most props on the lots and introduces a series of bus and tram stops on or next to roads. Only the file SFBT_Haltestellen_Fluggi_khoianh_Props.dat is required; you can delete the rest of the files if you don’t want to install the bus and tram stops themselves.
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2536 (LEX registration required)

Paeng Textures Vol103: Required for the grass overlay textures for the orthogonal bus and the orthogonal bus and subway station on grass. Since it only contains textures for plugin developers, it does not modify the game itself.
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22823-paeng-textures-vol103

Road Top Mass Transit (RTMT): Required for the subway stairs. This plugin introduces a set of various road-top traffic stations. You’ll only need the file RTMTV3_PropF_Subway_Ninja_Gray.dat.
      Link 1: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/13510-road-top-mass-transit
      Link 2: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/17670-roadtop-mass-transit-v3-installers (Installer Version)
      Note: If you don’t want to install the RTMT plugin itself, you can instead download Additional Subway Entrance Props. This plugin contains the same file. Since it otherwise only contains props for plugin developers, it does not modify the game itself.
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/13698-additional-subway-entrance-props  

Currently available languages:

-  English
      -  German

Installation:

Download the archive corresponding to the language you want. Extract all files to a folder where you will find them. Move or copy this folder into your Plugins sub-folder of your edition of SimCity 4.

After installing, please open the folder with this plugin and do this:
      -  For RHD, please delete the two folders starting with LHD.
      -  For LHD, please delete the two folders starting with RHD.

To uninstall, please remove all files from your Plugins subfolder.

Compatibility:

Since this plugin requires installation of the Network Addon Mod, it is only compatible with SimCity 4: Rush Hour, or SimCity 4 Deluxe.

Credits:

-  Network Addon Mod Team
      -  Andreas for uploading the SFBT transit stops, Fluggi and khoianh94 for their models
      -  cogeo for uploading the subway props and the RTMT, Mcdrye and RaphaelNinja for their models
      -  Paeng for various textures required for this plugin
      -  Andreas Roth for uploading SFBT Essentials

You are of course welcome to write me a private message or leave a comment here for any of the following:
      -  You want me to make improvements or additions. (I can't promise to fulfill all your wishes, I'm really no modding expert )
      -  You have found a bug.
      -  You want me to improve the readme text (the English one in particular, my English may not be perfect).
      -  You can translate the in-game and readme texts to another language.
      -  You found out that I forgot to credit someone (hopefully I can remember everyone).
      -  For any other kind of constructive feedback.

Changelog:

Version 1, Oct 26th, 2013:
      - 38 bus, subway and combined bus and subway stations for the following pedestrian zones: concrete, pavement, cobblestone, red brick, sandstone, and grass

• By kellydale2003
      Darknight only. No dependencies!
      Enjoy!

• By CheshireKate
      I've noticed there are a couple of multi-purpose stations included with the NAM that let you run whatever type of transit you want through them. The only problem is that the two lines must be perpendicular. Do any multi-purpose stations exist where the two lines are parallel? Also, do diagonal versions exist?

Alternatively, does there exist a Monorail/Rail station? Or a Monorail/Elevated Rail station?

And on a slightly unrelated note, are there any puzzle pieces for HSR or Bullet Trains over tram-in-avenue and tram-in-road?
    • By Infrastructurist
      Hi. 
      Since i have two steam accounts i decided to start working on a realistic European city with stark contrasts to Kendrick (my US inspired series). I will of course cover many of the differences between US and EU cities as far as urban planning, infrastructure etc etc. But also follow a different narrative this time around; one of success, wealth, constant demand & development.
      In our first episode we start out small, building a central train station, the surrounding neighbourhood, and some basic initial infrastructure by rail and highway to get the city going. 

Hope you enjoy!

• By alborzka
      This thread will focus on improving and revamping the Transport Lines Manager mod, as well as potentially adding features from IPT and/or unique new features if possible.
      Transport Lines Manager Reborn 6.0.2 now in the workshop.
      Bugs as of 6.0.2:
      Renamed depots are not working in the TLM listing and in depot details windows. Not show cable car stations on linear map as near transport. Ticket price changes not being implemented. Sort lines by colour not working. TLM Unknown Error on Evac Routes trace OP is below:
      The creator of IPT hasn't been online in over 5 months, and the creator of TLM hasn't been online in nearly 1 month. Mass Transit DLC is coming out in a few weeks, and I don't know how either of these mods will fare with changes being brought to the transit system.
      Is anyone in touch with either of these authors? I would especially hate to see TLM go to the dustbin of modding history considering how many options and useful configurations it provides (plus the aesthetics!) such as changing frequency depending on time of day (such a no-brainer), and IPT has excellent debunching. Now that these two mods are nearly incompatible, and with the DLC coming out soon potentially rendering both useless, something must be done. They're far too valuable to go to waste.
      If we can't get the authors to update their mods or publish their code for others to carry it forward, can we all maybe pitch in and create an entirely new mod from scratch? Is someone working on this already? Even with the improvements being brought with the free upgrade/DLC, I feel TLM/IPT features will still be vital to many player's C:S experience. What do y'all think?
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments