• Moose

udon-addon 1.1

(4.78)    (9 Reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

udon addon(offline only)
If does not work, or do not understand how to use.
Please stop the use of this MOD.

install
1.you need install udon 1.5
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29585-offline-only-mod-"unidirectional-networks-udon"/
2.you need install Project Akar.
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29715-project-akar-ui-enhancement/
3.package in simcitydata folder.(if you installed Udon-addon1.0. Delete it.)

add(1.1)
1.All bridge and tunnel(+UDon Tunnel) can break pieces.
2.UDoNHDStreet,HDStreet,HDAvenue can change bridge directly for region road.(upgrade menu)
3.UDoNLDStreet,LDStreet,LDAvenue can change Tunnel directly for region road.(upgrade menu)
4. can change udonMDstreet to normalMDstreet and reverse.

note.
Arch,Suspention,StreetCarAvenueBridge can not connect road directory.
Now investigating.

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

• Delete separate menu.
  • Delete Region Road.

User Feedback

Wow, you guys figured it out! :) I thought that you guys would have no choice but to use the region's bridges and tunnels. Thank you very much for your hard work. :)

Do you have to delete the first mod of Udon to use this version?

Share this comment

The UI / UX is something that i think everyone can work on with time will change and make the game easier.  To the poster keep up the good.  I do not see any new UDoN features since regional UDoNs if attached to the main 2k section of the road have kind of always been possible with extending that path to surface =1.

I would like to see additional features added to all aspects of any mods and UDoN's like any other mod in my opinion are NOT off limits to any ones efforts however i would ask any modder to make sure you continue to EVOLVED the mod and make sure you point to the original authors posts to make sure the credit of information continue.

If you have questions ASK.

Posted in UDoN's you released an Add-ON

Share this comment

originally there was going to be a 1 lane but it caused issues so it was changed to a 2 lane with lower capacity to solve the issue

Share this comment

Is this the expected UI?

Zu14VKT.png

I updated UDoN to 1.4 and added this as well.  All four of these buttons are just called 'Roads'.

edit:  I'm rereading the notes at the top, and I think I don't understand it very well. Looks like it is supposed to have 4 buttons (would love it to be 4 buttons as sub-levels inside the top road level - just for a clean UI?)  so I'll have a poke around to figure out what it does. Any chance you could add a little more description about what the mod is for?  Sorry... not trying to be annoying :)

edit2: Oh I'm such a twat. Now I looked at the picture and it shows the UI etc. Sorry.... running slowly with a migraine this morning. Thanks for the hard work. 

Share this comment

If you can make sense of the description and menus, this addon basically allows the building of bridges and tunnels outside.

A few limitations:
- The roads must be low density UDoN to be upgraded to tunnels and high density UDoN for bridges.

- They also have to be curved in order to raise or lower them outside first.
- You can only use the upgrade tool on segments of road that are at least partially inside or very close to the boundaries.

Share this comment

You all have kicked some modding ass lately.... Orion, Udon, and now this.... great work and thanks to all that have taken the "fixing" of Simcity seriously.... I truly hope that EA/Maxis has taken note of these things and are holding their heads in (RENEWED) shame.

Was just screwing around with this one here for a bit..  it really works great!  Power/Water/Sewage/Traffic can all follow the tunnels out of box.  You can even use the non-Udon roads (out of box) for raising and lowering, and agents will use them though since they can't be "upgraded" yet, the graphic looks funky where it just cuts into a mountain and disappears.  Be careful of your directions, I had two one way streets leading up lol and residents wouldn't move in to the R zoning on the other side of the tunnels.

Also, just a tip I figured out from the practice.  First, I used a udon MD to lead up to the point where I want the tunnel to start, and a udon MD at the exit point.  Then I added the udon LD (cause I wanted a tunnel) and upgraded that.  Perfect.  The reason I suggest this is because it seems that if you draw the udon LD all the way, it will upgrade everything and you'll get a tunnel above ground.  Once the tunnel (or bridge as the case may be) is upgraded, then upgrade your Medium entry/exits.  I hope that this will come with some localization text soon too.

Again, great job!

smalljude likes this

Share this comment

You wrote: "4. can change udonMDstreet to normalMDstreet and reverse."

Is it possible to put an option to change the direction of the one-way road (left to right, right to left), on the road update tool, eliminating the need to destroy the road and redraw in the opposite direction?

Thanks.

Share this comment

BUG? I have an issue with freeways mixed with one way 4 lanes.Basically my city is circuled by freeways- these freeways are connected to elelvated 4 lane one ways, as seen on the X exchange I have done and on the other side with bridges going up hills. A bit of a hacky way of doing this but for the most part of my experiemts I did not have this problem. I solved the entrance traffic by doing that intersection and then all my building moan about unconnected roads, all around the city :( If I connecte the little piece with a normal road to the city entrance all this goes away. 

Ur3Az7G.jpg

Share this comment

mssrge
Probably impossible.

ppumkin
The bug Does it occur only when you have put this MOD?

Share this comment

THis mod is a great idea but can we get an english version for when you are doing road upgrades? I cannot read chinese/japanese/korean

Share this comment