• Moose

(Offline-Only) Roads With No Traffic Lights 1.5 / 1.2

(4.83)    (23 Reviews)

7 Screenshots

About This File

This mod adds the roads with only stop signs at the intersections.  

Features:

- High Density Street and Medium Density Street with no traffic lights.

- High Density Avenue and Medium Density Avenue with no traffic lights (version 1.1).

- High Density Streetcar Avenue with no traffic lights (version 1.2).

- Major roads and Secondary roads.

- Cars pass pedestrians at the intersections.

- You can add the traffic lights using "Road Upgrade" and remove them again according to your wishes (see screenshot below).

You should save the game after creation of region and restart the game, so you can upgrade the ordinary roads to the roads with no traffic lights.

This mod can help to reduce traffic congestion in the city. 

You need to place a road in a value "a secondary road" at first and then a road in a value "a major road" (It doesn't matter when the road crosses the Avenue).

When you use this mod with the Project Akar by Yayie (http://bit.ly/1ooMyA4), you can find these roads in "Custom Roads".

Thanks to Yayie for assistance in preparing update 1.3 and Banwashere for preparation of icons in update 1.4.

THIS IS AN OFFLINE-ONLY MOD.

How to install: 

Unzip the files, copy and paste the .package files into your SimCityData folder.

Regional Roads With No Traffic Lights should be used ONLY WITH the main mod "Roads With No Traffic Lights".

What's New in Version 1.5 / 1.2   See Changelog

Released

• Fixed the problem, when it was impossible to set the Maglev tracks and Elevated Railway;

User Feedback

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

SimmsCity

Share this review

Link to review
Simoncity

Share this review

Link to review
MrPaperCat

Share this review

Link to review
andreikait

Share this review

Link to review
chio3846

Share this review

Link to review
xoxide

Share this review

Link to review
BIWDC

Share this review

Link to review
APSMS

Share this review

Link to review
MaxvSk

Share this review

Link to review
trixsterdo

Share this review

Link to review
vallexum

Share this review

Link to review
smilefunk

Share this review

Link to review
momocan

Share this review

Link to review
stratos936

Share this review

Link to review
jamiechi

Share this review

Link to review
nukemd45

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
Tetr4ch

Unknown date

Share this review

Link to review
  • Announcements

• Dirktator

06/30/2017

This month we're hoping for a little bit of a boost this month or next, in addition to covering the regular bills, we could benefit from some hardware upgrades. STEX Collector's Set gifts can now be sent to you via digital download as well as regular mail if you wish! Every donation dollar goes toward keeping Simtropolis online and humming along. Your contribution counts! Hardware Upgrades As our website community software improves with more and more features, and as we bolt on additional features such as chat, the increased load to handle all these new toys is taking the server a bit to task. You may have noticed that we'd been forced to temporarily disable the chat as we worked out allocating resources for more optimal performance. Following this, we've applied a number of 'soft' changes such as caching options and experimented with server configurations (nginx as proxy, for example), so the hardware aspect is also an area we'd like to focus on. The last time we upgraded hardware was back in 2012, prior to the release of SC13. Your contribution means a lot! Your donation will go toward helping us to 1.) migrate to a newer server or 2.) at least get some ram/cpu/storage updates and any other infrastructure hardware or services. Donate and Get a Gift or Donate Any Amount Thanks so much! - Dirktator & The Admins
  • STEX Featured

• Similar Content

• By Paraffine
      Hello there, I was wondering if there is a way to force the game checking agents numbers to get rid of "phantom" criminals and "phantom" trash/recycle cans showed in the respective panel when the data map is totally clear. Or at least if there is a save editor or a way to fix those bugged number with an hex editor or something.

I know it's not game/breaking to  have fake counters but it still bugs me and I'd like to solve it if that's possible.

Cheers and thank you in advance.
    • By CorinaMarie
      As some of you know I've been playing without the illustrious NAM while I learn the basic game. For the one or two other peeps on the planet who might be starting out NAMless, I feel the following might be of some use. The rest of you may feel free to skip this long, picture packed mini observation.
      So, I've been playing a natural (random) growth region in which I've zoned mostly farms that are interspersed with the initial god mode trees to simulate the real world where I live. (For the curious my progress starts here and continues with several posts over the past couple months there in the rest of the thread.)

This post is not about that tho. This is phase two where the industrial revolution has started and factories are pervading the countryside.

The Acres family farm is a short distance from a major four lane highway. They are planning to retire and haven't set out any crops this season. The Big-O Factory Development Corporation has purchased the farm (dirt) cheap. The Acres's sell with the condition that they can keep the small tractor shed and a tiny parcel of bare ground.

^ Yes, there is an Ugly Yellow Pause Thingy in some of my pics. I like it sometimes to indicate, well ..., that my game is Paused.

The development begins with building the streets and adding bus stops.

Next they add a water system.

And then survey it from above ground to be sure all of the parcel is watered. Some nearby residents get public water as an unintended bonus.

The building locations are prepared by de-zoning the farm ground.

The Mayor has specifically tweaked the tax rates to create the desired demand. (Note: These settings are not some magic set. They are based on the local and regional influences at the moment.)

Using Ctrl-Zoning (as described in the Tutorial:Precision Zoning) the hope is to attract larger factories and cramped living quarters for some workers along with some low density commercial so they can buy some bread.

We check and see there is a nearby Medical Clinic and boost its funding sufficiently to handle the increased patient count cause the radius includes a part of the new residential zone.

Now we turn on time and wait for the factories to grow. The Sims aren't overly enthusiastic about moving here so we plant a grass tile. These uneducated Sims are just wild about such a thing.

Now to zone for more residential and add a local Doctor's Office. I did the zones separate to preclude 4x2 buildings from growing.

When the Tenements grow (which is the look I wanted for here) I click them all to Historical so they don't later try to merge together and morph into a bigger building. I did zone them high density so I can change my mind about it in future years.

Then I zone the final two residential parcels.

Plop a bunch more pretty green grass and the Sims rush in.

And fill in the rest of the area with grass and a playground for the kids.

A wee bit of traffic congestion occurs.

Not to worry, says Jamil Herd. Upgrade those parts of the Streets to Roads.

All better now.

And here it's completed.

Set the medical funding at an appropriate level for the new Clinic.

But wait! say the local denizens. You said this would create jobs for all of us. The outsiders took most of the jobs before we even got moved in.

Hmm. Ok, that latter statement is prolly an exaggeration, but who is working where? the Mayor asks.

Jamil, bulldoze a piece of that Road. That'll keep the interlopers out.

Well, that hurt the factory jobs some.

Yeah, but let's see where the peeps are working now.

Rebuild the road and run some more time. Here's the jobs graph.

Alright then. Where do the local Sims work now?

Run a bit more time and here's the jobs graph.

And, finally, we see a significant reduction in traffic coming and going from the new industrial complex.

The total commuters from the 6 residential buildings in those three stages are:
      563 initially 575 during isolation 599 final And the total commuters on that entry road
      1383 initially 697 final So, it appears that without NAM one needs to take into consideration who's going to work where and where will they come from, or go to, as one of the key aspects of the amount of traffic.

• By CorinaMarie
      In my various Shoppes threads I've recommended for peeps to save a copy so they'd have them available if Photobucket ever borks my free account and the pictures go missing. I'd done that myself a few days ago. You know, File --> Save Page As ... --> (Type) Web Page, complete. I had this silly idea that saving the complete web page would be, well, COMPLETE. Like all the text and pictures. Turns out in Firefox that's not true unless one has this Add-On. And then one also reads this documentation. And then one adds a missing variable:

Once I did that (and restarted Firefox) I then did complete saves of my map making and shoppes threads, copied the files to a flash drive, loaded them onto one of my SC4 game comps (which is not connected to anything else), and then I could view the threads completely offline with all the pictures. So, this is just a heads-up post for peeps who might believe they've made a complete copy using Firefox and really didn't get the whole thread saved in a useful way.
      And, it would be nice if the gurus with other browsers test if theirs can make a true, complete offline copy and let us know here.

Edit: I'm adding CB's quote here since it's extremely relevant to my premise:

• By kschmidt
      Roghue Island Interchange Revisited !
      Tonight I adresed some issue with the Roghue Island South Interchange. Two issues where amendment: one the elevated one way flyover exit from highway 4 to highway 55 and ramps entry and exit´s from the Hartford City ! One way flyover corner pieces didn´t show right direction so was in fact only cosmetic. Entry and exit wheren´t there at all so a detour must me made via Cape Mayon to reverse into the Hartford City direction !

Issues´s now partly resolved ! Still a detour to Cape Mayon or using the highway 5 bridge is needed to return to Hartford City. Just before the Cape Mayon tunnel there´s a new exit to Roghue Island; any future exit however remains unresolved because there´s no suitable place to place a entry with accelerationlane; ultimately a special tunnel would need to be constructed underwater and costs would expand into a tremendous amount of simoleans !

See the lovely over the rail tunnels winding RHW highway 55 !

Diagonal rail portal pieces are by Takingyouthere; functional there´s still some work to make them fit in better !

Enjoy !

• By scaletho
      Hi,

I'm trying to find the ORIGINAL package of roads parameters and proprieties, and the package of the houses (civs).
      I've tried the Game package, DLC, EP1, APP, Graphic, etc, but most of the parameters such as models, proprieties are no there.
      I don't know if I would be able to reach CapTon, Oppie or any other original SimCity 2013 "veterans" of modding, but if someone can point me in the right direction, I appreciate very much.
      Scaletho
  • Newest STEX Uploads

• Recent STEX Reviews

• Recent STEX Comments